The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

People That Blame This On Luongo

Mountain Dew

Stick with Luongo and Vancouver has already lost 6 of the last 7 playoff games dating back last year. This franchise is hopeless if I see Luongo in goal again tomorrow. And MG plus AV should be fired should the Canucks lose again with Luongo in goal.

Stick with Luongo and Vancouver has already lost 6 of the last 7 playoff games dating back last year. This franchise is hopeless if I see Luongo in goal again tomorrow. And MG plus AV should be fired should the Canucks lose again with Luongo in goal.

I haven't read any posts that blame Luo totally for the losses in the last 2 games, he has been okay for the most part but I want to see Schneider in net for 1 reason.

1/ It will serve as a wake up call for the rest of the team.

I don't think Luo has been outstanding in net but he has been good enough to win if the rest of the team puts on their workboots. Edler for one, has to wake up...he has been terrible out there and has cost the team.

The team has always had trouble against close checking teams....now they are facing a team with speed, size and checking.....plus a great goalie. If they want to beat LA, they are going to have to scrap for every cm of ice to operate in. This is the time to crank it up a notch and match LA's work ethic.

Hansen has been one of the best Canucks on the ice.....hopefully the rest of the team will do the same.

So what are you going to say if the team "suddenly" puts the boots on after Schneider takes over in game 3?

I alluded to this in another thread.

The team looks completely disinterested. Almost to the point where you wonder if they are crapping the bed on purpose because they know they can't win with Luongo in net.

Like I said, we're going to find out Sunday.

Schneider WILL start, and if this team lays LA out in game 3 we are going to have our answer.

Put it this way, if I'm wrong, this team is done.

Go Canucks!!!

Are you f**king kidding me?

Seriously, time to let last year's final go and LIVE IN THE PRESENT. Luongo's past performances has nothing to do with this series. Stop holding a grudge and stay objective.

You think changing to Schneider is just gonna make the team better? You think they will turn this series around with Schneider in goal? If so, THEN YOU HAVEN*T EVEN SEEN THESE PAST TWO GAMES.

This fanbase is a joke and Vancouver deserve all the hate they get when you act like this.

Pathetic. How can you live with yourself?

SCHNEIDERMAN ! Gotta change the mojo!

Game one Lu played ok except for the first goal

Game 2 ....Lu was mediocre at best... Last 2 goals were terrible....going for a lengthy swim while he gets wrapped around is not excellent goaltending....

You just never know what you're getting with him in net.... I hold my breath and pray the shots don't get through.. Guess I'm not as confident in his prowess as some of you people...

Are you sure we are watching the same game if you think he was our best player....?

SCHNEIDERMAN ! Gotta change the mojo!

Game one Lu played ok except for the first goal

Game 2 ....Lu was mediocre at best... Last 2 goals were terrible....going for a lengthy swim while he gets wrapped around is not excellent goaltending....

You just never know what you're getting with him in net.... I hold my breath and pray the shots don't get through.. Guess I'm not as confident in his prowess as some of you people...

Are you sure we are watching the same game if you think he was our best player....?

To say "it's not Luongo's fault" is saying you don't expect great goaltending anymore to win Stanley cup. But you expect the 20 other guys to play a play a picture perfect game every night, to win the STanley cup. Which is impossible you guys need to be aware of that. There are times were we will be out played, and there are also times, teams will generage a good scoring chance against us.

To win the Stanley cup, you need great goaltending, we aren't getting it, L.A isn't getting it. ARe the Canucks playing good? Not really, but you need to understand, we need crucial saves from him time to time.

For example game 1. For me, I don't think that 3rd was acceptable for me. It wasn't. Have he stopped that, that game would have gone to Over time.

Game 2. Not allowing the crucial goal with 8 seconds left. Timing.

Game 2. I know it's our fault, but maybe stop of 1 of the 2 short handers by Dustin Brown. Great Goaltending would have helped us a lot.

These are momenting changing times in a game. What you guys are saying right now, is sayinig, it's never his fault. Your excuse of defending him, is the same excuse people used on DAn Cloutier. He was choking in the playoffs, they were mad that the defensive coverage was not good enough. Every shot on goal against us is a defensive break down, so it feels like even if Luongo let in 27 goals last night you guys will say, "oh it's not his fault, it's defensive coverage." F in B.S to me. Last night was not "great goaltending" at all. Pittsburgh is feeling the same way right now.. YOu guys are now saying

"Well it's not his fault, he's playing good! Blame the team! Blame the coach! Blame the management. Blame everyone else because of 1 player."

Right now i'm not blaming it on Luongo, but you guys are now saying, it's Not Luongo's fault! Blame it on 24 other guys! W.T.F is this. Your honestly going to tell me, that 4 goals on 27 shots is good are you? Maybe have we not fell behind, and not play from behind, we will have a better chance at winning?

If you say "Luongo is playing great the 1st 2 games" Your an idiot. That's not great goaltending at all. If you ask me, everyone needs to step it up. That is all. Stop slamming the team now.

IMHO, Luongo is the only player on this team that has shown any heart.

Thinking back on his choice to come here, I feel sorry for him.

I'm 99% certain that if he went to the Habs - he would have won a cup by now.

This team needs players like Penner, Brown, Weber, Keith (yes Keith), etc...players who stand up for themselves...players with heart.

Are you f**king kidding me?

Seriously, time to let last year's final go and LIVE IN THE PRESENT. Luongo's past performances has nothing to do with this series. Stop holding a grudge and stay objective.

You think changing to Schneider is just gonna make the team better? You think they will turn this series around with Schneider in goal? If so, THEN YOU HAVEN*T EVEN SEEN THESE PAST TWO GAMES.

This fanbase is a joke and Vancouver deserve all the hate they get when you act like this.

Pathetic. How can you live with yourself?

Archived