The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

People That Blame This On Luongo

Mountain Dew

first time post...here is how i see it, It is not his fault by a long shot that we lost game one and two but when he lets in a few weak goals you cant tell me the rest of the team doesnt get down on him. He never seems to make the important save.i know from my playing experience that you feel more comfortable with a certain tender and this year it seems we are more comfortable with schnides . i love lou but i think its time to try cory and see if the team responds

I haven't seen anyone say that this is Luongo's fault. He's the only one that is doing his job (aside from the LA team).

This happened all of last post-season too. We got outplayed at every turn, the other teams double and triple team the puck carrier forcing turnovers or bad angle shots.

The 5 on 3 goal in game 1 was a bad goal. Luongo was beaten hundred of times by the same Brown move in breakaways. Luongo always gives up a goal when the goal mouth scrambles last more than a few seconds as in goal number 3. Luongo's pads were glued to the ice forever to give Lewis half of an empty net to wrap around. The Ds are in disarray playing in front of Luongo because all pucks thrown on net are redirected to the corners when Luongo is playing ping pong in goal and Vancouver was lucky to have all Ds surviving the fierce forechecks by the big Kings and not one went down with injury. Quick simply shut the door and Luongo is badly outplayed. The only chance for Vancouver is to replace the mediocre at best Luongo with Schneider who gives up almost half a goal less than Luongo per game and has a better save percentage than Quick. Get one back in LA and Vancouver are back in the series.

I agree for sure and that is honestly why I hope Lu does get traded. People are always going to hate on him regardless and I bet had we won the cup people would still hate/criticize him. I just want Lu to take himself somewhere else where fans will be happy to have him.

Then the dumb fans will realize getting rid of Lu, doesn't get you an automatic cup and that there are other issues. LU has been solid for us to win these 2 games, not out of this world great but solid. And so has Quick, he has been solid but not out of this world great.

Is ironic that people say that Lou is playing stellar. Only 1 series has a goalie with worse numbers. Lou is 15th out of 17 goalies in save % and GAA and is at least 1/2 goal worse than 14 of the other 16 goalies. Good god man even Cloutiers career playoff average was 1/4 of a goal better than Lou is this year.

Stick with Luongo and Vancouver has already lost 6 of the last 7 playoff games dating back last year. This franchise is hopeless if I see Luongo in goal again tomorrow. And MG plus AV should be fired should the Canucks lose again with Luongo in goal.

So Bryzgalov has allowed more goals than LU in 2 games but his team is up 2-0. Explain.

IF its about stats, I can say Philly has scored 12 goals in 2 games but Canucks only scored 4. So going back to last series Canucks have only scored 12 goals in 9 games and Philly has already scored 12 goals in 2 games. Why doesn't anyone talk about these stats?

Lu has been solid enough in these 2 games, difference is other teams can score and come back. In the playoffs you can't just look at stats. Only stats that matter is the W or the L.

Guest The Brown Burrows

...Don't you think there's a greater chance of waking the team up if players who are not cutting it were changed also.Kesler and Edler for sure maybe Bieksa.This I would think would send a greater message from AV to the team.Come to play or sit and watch.

The first 2 games of this series remind me of Luongo's first season with Vancouver. The problem is that team played lockdown defence while this team is making drop passes to the Kings and can't score a powerplay goal to save their life. If they don't stop making so many braindead mistakes, it won't matter if it's Luongo or Schneider in their net.

They need to stop playing like they are afraid to lost. Vancouver is a better overall team than Los Angeles but they seem to have forgotten that. They are basically handing goals over to the Kings and aren't finishing their own chances. Quick has looked less than impressive so far with his huge rebounds and lack of composure when someone crowds him. They need to review the tape and shred him on areas of weakness.

Also, Brown has done a great job on the powerplay. However, I think every Canucks fan in the world has a bulletin for him: the drop passes ain't working anymore. You're smart enough to come up with something different that can help that powerplay become effective once again.

Archived