Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

People That Blame This On Luongo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#91 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

All Schneider had to do was play as well as Lou but stop the 3 soft goals out of 7 and we would not be down 2-0 in games, not a lot to ask !!

or score on the pp and not give up short handed chances....espeically when you get 2 chances in the 3rd to take the lead in game 1
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#92 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Stick with Luongo and Vancouver has already lost 6 of the last 7 playoff games dating back last year. This franchise is hopeless if I see Luongo in goal again tomorrow. And MG plus AV should be fired should the Canucks lose again with Luongo in goal.

How many of those losts have the players in front of him showed up?

We may not win without great goaltending but we can win with some offense. Look at Philly, their goaltending has an even worst stat than ours and look who's leading the series.

Posted Image

#93 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

So Bryzgalov has allowed more goals than LU in 2 games but his team is up 2-0. Explain.

IF its about stats, I can say Philly has scored 12 goals in 2 games but Canucks only scored 4. So going back to last series Canucks have only scored 12 goals in 9 games and Philly has already scored 12 goals in 2 games. Why doesn't anyone talk about these stats?

Lu has been solid enough in these 2 games, difference is other teams can score and come back. In the playoffs you can't just look at stats. Only stats that matter is the W or the L.

Lol,,only reason Philly is ahead is because Fleury is absolutely brutal right now,,1/2 way through game 3 and he has allowed another 4 goals. If Philly was playing anyone else they would likely be down 2-0 as well.
Philly and Pitts also are the 2 highest scoring teams in the league. If Lou was facing Crosby,Malkin, Neal, Letang I am sure his numbers would be at least as bad as Bryz.
Typical Lou can do no wrong viewpoint,,,always trying to find 1 goalie in the league playing worse.
Starting to think Vancouver is more of a goalie heaven than goalie graveyard.
Where else can you be 15th out of 17 goalies and considdered to be playing solid with 3.59 gaa and under.900 save %.
Where else can you be on Presidents trophy team and be middle of the pack in all goaltending stats with far worse numbers than the backup and be considered team MVP.
No worries even if we get swept and Lou comes in and sucks in game 4 there will be loads of you who say it is a good learning experience and he will be better than ever next year.
As In type this Fleury let in another goal,,5 goals now in the 2nd,,,brilliant coaching keeping him in there eh.
If only they had a backup who could do something.

#94 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

How many of those losts have the players in front of him showed up?

We may not win without great goaltending but we can win with some offense. Look at Philly, their goaltending has an even worst stat than ours and look who's leading the series.

Expecting Quick to play like Fleury in order for us to win won't get it done. Bryz sucks and the only reason Philly is ahead is because Fleury is worse.

#95 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Not too many people have been blaming Luo.

A goalie change might wake this team up.

...Don't you think there's a greater chance of waking the team up if players who are not cutting it were changed also.Kesler and Edler for sure maybe Bieksa.This I would think would send a greater message from AV to the team.Come to play or sit and watch.

#96 Guest_The Brown Burrows_*

Guest_The Brown Burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

...Don't you think there's a greater chance of waking the team up if players who are not cutting it were changed also.Kesler and Edler for sure maybe Bieksa.This I would think would send a greater message from AV to the team.Come to play or sit and watch.

Easier to replace the goalie.

#97 Riggs

Riggs

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

The first 2 games of this series remind me of Luongo's first season with Vancouver. The problem is that team played lockdown defence while this team is making drop passes to the Kings and can't score a powerplay goal to save their life. If they don't stop making so many braindead mistakes, it won't matter if it's Luongo or Schneider in their net.

They need to stop playing like they are afraid to lost. Vancouver is a better overall team than Los Angeles but they seem to have forgotten that. They are basically handing goals over to the Kings and aren't finishing their own chances. Quick has looked less than impressive so far with his huge rebounds and lack of composure when someone crowds him. They need to review the tape and shred him on areas of weakness.

Also, Brown has done a great job on the powerplay. However, I think every Canucks fan in the world has a bulletin for him: the drop passes ain't working anymore. You're smart enough to come up with something different that can help that powerplay become effective once again.

Zack Kassian is the Chosen One. Bring back Aaron Rome, asses.
romeisapimp.jpg
Trevor Linden is a meaningless figurehead meant to sell season tickets.

#98 Renelsisc

Renelsisc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I dont really like Luongo because i think he's a headcase, and i'd be his biggest critic, but yes, i agree with OP. Even I wont blame this on Luongo.

2 short handed goals in the first 30 minutes of a game....cmon.

#99 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

who is blaming Luongo? People who make these types of threads aren't Canucks fans. We need to win one cup in our life time, so whatever is best for the team is what I support.

Posted Image

#100 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Luongo has been solid.I sat right behind him.he almost got or had no chance on every goal

#101 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Luo is probably the only reason why we aren't losing by more. Pretty hard for Luo to stop those easy shots when your teammate gives them the puck, tape to tape. Luo stepped up and was let down by the guys in front of him.

#102 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

who is blaming Luongo? People who make these types of threads aren't Canucks fans. We need to win one cup in our life time, so whatever is best for the team is what I support.

Go look at the first few pages. Mindless Schneider 4 PREZ fans. That's why Vancouver can't have nice things.

#103 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

LOL and when you're done with the ignoramuses here send one to keith!

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#104 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Lol,,only reason Philly is ahead is because Fleury is absolutely brutal right now,,1/2 way through game 3 and he has allowed another 4 goals. If Philly was playing anyone else they would likely be down 2-0 as well.
Philly and Pitts also are the 2 highest scoring teams in the league. If Lou was facing Crosby,Malkin, Neal, Letang I am sure his numbers would be at least as bad as Bryz.
Typical Lou can do no wrong viewpoint,,,always trying to find 1 goalie in the league playing worse.
Starting to think Vancouver is more of a goalie heaven than goalie graveyard.
Where else can you be 15th out of 17 goalies and considdered to be playing solid with 3.59 gaa and under.900 save %.
Where else can you be on Presidents trophy team and be middle of the pack in all goaltending stats with far worse numbers than the backup and be considered team MVP.
No worries even if we get swept and Lou comes in and sucks in game 4 there will be loads of you who say it is a good learning experience and he will be better than ever next year.
As In type this Fleury let in another goal,,5 goals now in the 2nd,,,brilliant coaching keeping him in there eh.
If only they had a backup who could do something.

You offer nothing to the discussion than speculation. Let alone the fact that you jump to a numbers game instead of following where the shots and goals have come from is a strong indicator that you haven't been watching the games. You want to play a numbers game? Luongo's even strength save percentage is .951% and special teams is .831%. Luongo has become a scapegoat for our team falling short to bandwagon fans such as yourself.

It disgusts me that if this team ever wins the cup, we'll have to celebrate with the likes of you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#105 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Not the whole problem but hasn't been stellar

#106 sonorJCM

sonorJCM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

YEAH ITS NOT LUONGOS FAULT THAT JONATHAN QUICK IS SIMPLY, WAY BETTER. ITS

NOT LUONGOS FAULT THAT TIM THOMAS' IS SIMPLY WAY BETTER.

LUONGO IS AN GOOD GOALIE MAKING SUPERSTAR MONEY, THAT IS ALSO NOT HIS FAULT.

I LOVE LUONGO. I AM JUST NOT DELUSIONAL. I AM NOT SAYING ANYTHING IS HIS

FAULT. THE BLAME IS SPREAD AROUND THE TEAM RIGHT NOW. HATS OFF TO THE KINGS

JUST REMEMBER WE WERE UP 3-0 ON THE HAWKS LAST YEAR..

GO CANUCKS GO !!!!!!!!! SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITAL LETTERS.
QUOTE (Ziostilon @ Jul 26 2009, 04:56 PM) I'm calling it, Sedin-Sedin-Hodgson for #1 line duty starting in Mid November

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.