The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players To Trade In The Summer

Kesler - his time here is done. He might be a 40-goal scorer again, but he's worth a lot right now, and we need to get someone else in here.

Raymond - unfortunately, why would anyone want him?

Sedins - it seems that the other teams in the league have figured them out. I like the Sedins a lot, but they have never performed consistently for an entire playoff run.

We need to stop trading for bottom six players. There are plenty of other teams who are unable to break through to Cup success with their own big-name guys. It's time for a blockbuster trade while these guys still have a lot of value. We don't want to end up like Calgary, stuck with an aging ex-superstar that no-one wants.

We can't exactly do a Philly-esque retool.

We won't trade the Sedins. They took less to stay with us and have invested so much for this city and we're going to turn around and trade them?

Raymond I could see going but it won't be for the value we want anyway.

Kesler is a funny one. He hasn't underperformed this bad since his third year in 08. However you must factor in his major off-season surgery and the PP being terrible, where he got a healthy portion of his goals and points last season. Value isn't the highest right now and w have to remember that he too took less to stay here and that he still brings it 100% every shift. His work ethic isn't something to quickly trade away and easily be replaced.

Your post makes me sick. I don't care how you come back, let's be clear. Anyone posting that now, is no fan of this team.

I want to say it in "working man's terms" but I have had one warning and your not worth getting another for.

Where is the damned loyalty in this fan base. It's all instant gratification, king's new clothes, immature cretinous garbage.

If Kesler and the Sedins rallied and took us all the way to the Cup now, you would be changing your bed every morning for weeks.

Yes. Because "kesler" and lupul led the leafs to the playoffs how many years in a row now? Kesler to detroit for Bertuzzi, and see if Chicago will give us Morrison for Schneids. The fact that what you wrote above makes sense and seems logical to you makes me wonder about public school systems these days.

Kesler - his time here is done. He might be a 40-goal scorer again, but he's worth a lot right now, and we need to get someone else in here.

Sedins - it seems that the other teams in the league have figured them out. They might waive their no-trade clauses, and perhaps we could get something like Kesler and Lupul from Toronto. I like the Sedins a lot, but they have never performed consistently for an entire playoff run.

We need to stop trading for bottom six players. There are plenty of other teams who are unable to break through to Cup success with their own big-name guys. It's time for a blockbuster trade while these guys still have a lot of value. We don't want to end up like Calgary, stuck with an aging ex-superstar that no-one wants.

people are being way too unreasonable here. The series is not over until its over. We have had the best team in the NHL for two seasons know and they have shown that by winning back to back presidents trophies. Circumstances are what matters the most IMO.

Sedins - it seems that the other teams in the league have figured them out. They might waive their no-trade clauses, and perhaps we could get something like Kesler and Lupul from Toronto. I like the Sedins a lot, but they have never performed consistently for an entire playoff run.

Yes. Because "kesler" and lupul led the leafs to the playoffs how many years in a row now? Kesler to detroit for Bertuzzi, and see if Chicago will give us Morrison for Schneids. The fact that what you wrote above makes sense and seems logical to you makes me wonder about public school systems these days.

you're dumb. that will never happen. no point in getting ex-canucks back. trade lu and raymond. since AV thinks raymond is such a top 6 player that will help mix up the core a bit. kesler wont go. neither will sedins. raymond, 2nd rd and LU for Nash? haha joking that will never happen... or will it? moral here is we can't get Bert since he's old and retiring soon, and plays and likes DET. Morrisson, how many points has this guy got?

thanks

Archived