The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players To Trade In The Summer

There is very little left that this board has to offer. CDC has become a gathering place for blithering idiots! I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion but reading some of the reactionary useless garbage on here makes me want to spew. Some of these posts show pure anger and not one ounce of respect or hockey knowledge. I can understand fans being upset, hell I am upset, but to spout off crap like trade the Sedin's or we need Hodgson back further proves that the NHL is succeeding in its plan to turn hockey into "sports entertainment" the fan base is becoming more diluted and the process is being ignored. Results Results Results is the new cry of the day. Pathetic!

Kesler - his time here is done. He might be a 40-goal scorer again, but he's worth a lot right now, and we need to get someone else in here.

Raymond - unfortunately, why would anyone want him?

Sedins - it seems that the other teams in the league have figured them out. They might waive their no-trade clauses, and perhaps we could get something like Kessel and Lupul from Toronto. I like the Sedins a lot, but they have never performed consistently for an entire playoff run.

We need to stop trading for bottom six players. There are plenty of other teams who are unable to break through to Cup success with their own big-name guys. It's time for a blockbuster trade while these guys still have a lot of value. We don't want to end up like Calgary, stuck with an aging ex-superstar that no-one wants.

There is very little left that this board has to offer. CDC has become a gathering place for blithering idiots! I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion but reading some of the reactionary useless garbage on here makes me want to spew. Some of these posts show pure anger and not one ounce of respect or hockey knowledge. I can understand fans being upset, hell I am upset, but to spout off crap like trade the Sedin's or we need Hodgson back further proves that the NHL is succeeding in its plan to turn hockey into "sports entertainment" the fan base is becoming more diluted and the process is being ignored. Results Results Results is the new cry of the day. Pathetic!

And then we wonder why everybody says our fans suck and we are the most hated team. We have 0 atmosphere inside Rogers Arena, and on CDC, after a loss, trolls come on the boards and ask for a fire sale of our team along with firings of coaches and managers. Why not put some effort into sending positive messages and vibes to our team... or maybe cheering for them instead of jumping on and off the wagon after each game.

I'm not saying we're reluctant to do it but we aren't in the situation Philly was in. There is no locker room divide that we know of. We don't have 3 top line centers.

This group is tight-knit and for the most part plays really well together. If one core member does get traded, it's Luongo due to the emergence of Schneider. But even that is unlikely to happen.

Raymond for sure, he really just doesnt have the skill and the power to be a top 6 forward.

MAG, RFA coming up. Trade him for "something"

Albert trade him for a draft pick or a 4th liner. We can re-sign rome to a 750,000 contract again, which is way cheaper than Albert's contract

Raymond for sure, he really just doesnt have the skill and the power to be a top 6 forward.

MAG, RFA coming up. Trade him for "something"

Albert trade him for a draft pick or a 4th liner. We can re-sign rome to a 750,000 contract again, which is way cheaper than Albert's contract

I don't know where to post this.. so figured here as it seems to be a general trade QQ thread..

It's dawning on me that getting 'bigger and stronger' should be done through acquiring larger/tougher players with skill rather then just filling out your tweeners. Why? When crap went down last night we still had a Burrows/Hank/Hansen line out there.The shift towards that isn't going to work with our top 6 the way it is, and I fully realize that now. I contrast that to teams like NYR/BOS and see the real difference in having legit 'toughness' and just dropping a few big guys in your bottom 6 to no effect. Meaning, we probably wont' ever be 'bigger/stronger' with our skilled players so we mind as well just be a skilled team.

We are gonna get another shot at things assuming the lock-out isn't bad. We need two things, a legit top 6 play maker to finish up our 2nd line and a top 4 Dmen who is mean and can shoot the puck. We need to hit a home run in FA and trade Schneider for the other.

We can't change our core now, it's too late. If we do it's rebuild time as we don't have the same 'backup' pieces that Philly has (Giroux etc), we're all in with the Sedins which is OK, they just haven't received much secondary support this year.

Archived