Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Players To Trade In The Summer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
111 replies to this topic

#91 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Why does Kesler get a free pass while Raymond does not, though the situations are virtually the same?

Both were injured, their production dropped as the PP sucked (affecting Kesler, though this means he was a part of the fail), while Raymond was just taken off the PP and given less ice time.

They both give 100%, yet Raymond is free to be hated upon. Right.

Raymond is just like SLO-MO (Brendan Morrison) was prior to shipment out of the city. All pizzaz - no finish! As far as I'm concerned, Raymond, "Dump & run"Mahotra, Bieksa and Luongo will be cast-out to sea this summer. If they bomb in this first round they'll be run out of town....and begging to leave. We won't even have to ask them to waive thir NTC.

#92 believe in blue forever

believe in blue forever

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Kesler - his time here is done. He might be a 40-goal scorer again, but he's worth a lot right now, and we need to get someone else in here.

Raymond - unfortunately, why would anyone want him?

Sedins - it seems that the other teams in the league have figured them out. I like the Sedins a lot, but they have never performed consistently for an entire playoff run.

We need to stop trading for bottom six players. There are plenty of other teams who are unable to break through to Cup success with their own big-name guys. It's time for a blockbuster trade while these guys still have a lot of value. We don't want to end up like Calgary, stuck with an aging ex-superstar that no-one wants.

I'm going to assume you were really upset about yesterdays loss and weren't thinking straight when you made this thread
Posted Image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin
Luongo is blamed for a lot of things. I think he was blamed for the teachers strike, and the high gas prices in Vancouver. Alain Vigneault

#93 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

I cant stand fans judging other fans loyalty because of there suggestions

No? well in this case suck it up!
Nobody posting p--h like that about players in this team after what they have achieved and where we stand, deserves a free pass. Maybe if he had had your sensitivity he would have thought twice.

Edited by Bodee, 14 April 2012 - 01:57 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#94 kelnet

kelnet

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

No? well in this case suck it up!
Nobody posting p--h like that about players in this team after what they have achieved and where we stand, deserves a free pass. Maybe if he had had your sensitivity he would have thought twice.

Did my opinion hurt your feelings? Sorry there, fella.

#95 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

I can not see the Sedins accepting any trade i think they would both just retire if ever traded. and go play in Europe.
Kesler will not get us anything better then what he is.. all he needs is to realize he has line mates.
Raymond might actually be one of the more talented guys on the team with the puck he just seems very unmotivated or unwilling to step it up and his shot is never a snipe just a shot on net.. he has shown flashes of greatness at times (and when he is cocky he is a great player).

i can not see any major moves being made. other then Lu might want to go to the lightning.
and improving our top 4 D.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#96 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Kesler - his time here is done. He might be a 40-goal scorer again, but he's worth a lot right now, and we need to get someone else in here.

Sedins - it seems that the other teams in the league have figured them out. I like the Sedins a lot, but they have never performed consistently for an entire playoff run.

We need to stop trading for bottom six players. There are plenty of other teams who are unable to break through to Cup success with their own big-name guys. It's time for a blockbuster trade while these guys still have a lot of value. We don't want to end up like Calgary, stuck with an aging ex-superstar that no-one wants.

Kesler - Hitting the panic button? What I hate about nuck fans the most is how fast they turn on players. He'll be effective again when he starts passing instead of trying to be a one man line.

Raymond - He still has trade value as he's a solid two way player. As much as I've defended the guy it wouldn't bother me if he were traded. It won't bother me if he isn't either.

The Sedins - NO TRADE CLAUSE. Give me one good reason they'd agree to waive it. Btw, I've been hearing "teams have them figured out" for the last 6 years yet they keep rolling along. The only thing that seems to slow them down is when the refs put the whistle away.

--------------------------------------------

Ballard.- He's been ineffective for his price and role. He should be moved to open that cap space. Preferably to fill the right side need to pair with Edler.

Lou - I would like to see his contract moved. He may just waive his NTC if the deal was with Tampa. They have a good team and it puts him back in Florida where he spends his off season with his wife. I honestly do believe Schneider is the better goalie.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#97 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

If MG wants to make a big splash and put his stamp on the team, then he should look to trade Edler or Luongo.
Get prospects thats ready for NHL action, kinda like what Philly did.

Trade Raymond for picks or prospects or package him with Ballard. Malhotra either buyout or trade, but he has a NTC so...

If we dont go deep this year, Salo might consider retirement, so that should open up a spot to lure Justin Schultz. MG should go after him hard.

We cant have 7m dollars tied to two players (Malhotra/Ballard) playing small roles, we gotta cut ties with them, therers no room for a Stanley cup contender having that much money tied to those 2 unless theyre impact players.

Gone: Malhotra,Raymond,Ballard,Pahlsson,Alberts,Rome,Bitz,Volpatti

AV or a new coach should play Kassian more next season, he needs to play with good players

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - A.Burrows
Z.Kassian - R.Kesler - D.Booth
C.Higgins - ( ) - J.Hansen
S.Pinozotto - M.Lappiere - D.Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
A.Edler - J.Schultz
C.Tanev - M.Gragnani

C.Schneider
E.Lack

#98 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

All I really want is Marleau. He would be much better alone than the Sedins are together in the postseason.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#99 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Raymond is just like SLO-MO (Brendan Morrison) was prior to shipment out of the city. All pizzaz - no finish! As far as I'm concerned, Raymond, "Dump & run"Mahotra, Bieksa and Luongo will be cast-out to sea this summer. If they bomb in this first round they'll be run out of town....and begging to leave. We won't even have to ask them to waive thir NTC.

Are you implying Luongo is "bombing" right now? I team lost the SCF last year because we couldn't score goals, and we're losing in the FIRST round 2-0 to LA because we can't score goals. Yet somehow how out "Art Ross Best Players In the League" Sedins aren't getting thrashed around for doing jack in the SCF, and people are actually makin excuses for Henrik these playoffs.

I don't care if Danny is hurt or not, Hank is our captain. He's the face of the franchise. Our team should look to him to light a spark and get us goin when we're down in a game. He doesn't do anything to light a spark or get the team going. Kesler does. Burrows does. Higgins does. Booth does.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Kesler is a MUCH BETTER Captain than Hank.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#100 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

*sigh*

Two losses after a long season with a little break after a even longer season and we should blow the team up... Good Gawd we're a bipolar bunch

#101 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

You sir, are an idiot.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#102 dszeto80

dszeto80

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

if they can trade ballard and raymond for picks that'll free up space to get parise... then if lu accepts, trade him to tb for purcell and lee and their 1st or for their 2 1st and no lee... then why not go after bobby ryan and sending one of the 1st or 2 1sts to get him or keep the picks and try to get one of the better dmen this draft eg murray/reinhart/dumba...

#103 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:54 AM

are you high?

Hahahahahaha Thanks for the Laugh LOL that was hilarious. :lol:

Your post makes me sick. I don't care how you come back, let's be clear. Anyone posting that now, is no fan of this team.

I want to say it in "working man's terms" but I have had one warning and your not worth getting another for.

Where is the damned loyalty in this fan base. It's all instant gratification, king's new clothes, immature cretinous garbage.

If Kesler and the Sedins rallied and took us all the way to the Cup now, you would be changing your bed every morning for weeks.

Is it safe to say what the OP said now? but realistically I agree with you.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 16 April 2012 - 01:54 AM.

zackass.png

#104 kelnet

kelnet

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Canucks will take game 3 .... 5-0 & game 4 .... 6-0 !! They'll be playing for pride henceforth. And a game 7 may be needed, but who cares?

Stay out of the prediciton business.

If Kesler and the Sedins rallied and took us all the way to the Cup now, you would be changing your bed every morning for weeks.

That rally doesn't seem to be happening.

Why are you making a thread on the players to trade if the playoffs hasn't ended yet? What if we make it to the SCF again and Kesler scores a whole bunch of hat tricks? Would you still want to trade him then? Lets keep believing, we're only down by 2 games. You need 4 to win

Where was Kesler's hat trick?
Looks like they still need four to win. Maybe Kesler gets that hat trick in game four. But really, has he shown us anything this year that would make us think that he will?

#105 sulihpoeht

sulihpoeht

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Stay out of the prediciton business.

That rally doesn't seem to be happening.

Where was Kesler's hat trick?
Looks like they still need four to win. Maybe Kesler gets that hat trick in game four. But really, has he shown us anything this year that would make us think that he will?

THey were what ifs. I was just trying to tell a point by saying we're still in it. The fact that you're quoting me after a loss doesn't really work when I posted that before the loss..
GO CANUCKS GO!

#106 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Luongo for Lecavalier
Kesler, Edler, Tanev, Ballard, Raymond, 1st for Weber, Suter
Daniel, Henrik, Raymond for Toews, Kane

Burrows - Toews - Kane
Booth - Lecavalier - (?)
Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Weber - Suter
Bieksa - Hamhuis

I wish

Posted Image

#107 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Kesler to Florida for Huberdeau

Schneider and Edler to Tampa for Hedman and their 1st

Sign Suter

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Huberdeau Kassian
Higgins Pahlsson Hansen
Malhotra Lapierre whoever

Suter Hedman
Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Tanev

Luongo
Lack

Plus whoever you draft with that #6 pick (Galchenyuk for the future?)

A lot more pieces to work with than the Flames :lol:

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#108 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Here is what our line up for next year should be:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
???-???-???
Higgins-???-Hansen
???-Lapierre-???

Hamhuis-Bieksa
???-Salo
???-???

(Let Kassassin, Tanev play in the AHL)

Trade everyone else

#109 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

If you could start a team from scratch right now, and choose from every player currently in the league, would the Sedins be your first picks for the 1st line?

Definitely, or at the very least keep Hank (though he and his brother are magic, at least in the regular season); to be honest he`s playing at such levels of toughness that I never thought I would see from him, consistently battling down low and even playing hard despite getting laid out by Brown last night. Once he starts shooting the puck I could see him and his brother both being handfuls for the opponent to handle, as he`s become kind of like Zetterberg in the grit department but he just needs to surprise the goalie sometimes by shooting when he has the opportunity to.

Danny and Hank are for keeps. However, adding someone with heart like a Ryan Smyth-type for cheap to that line could work, as adding elements like guys established with down-low plays around the net could also encourage the Twins (esp. Hank) to in turn be more aggressive around the net.

Edit: maybe if they offer sheet Latendresse (who may not get an offer from Minny) or Nick Foligno (really hard working guy who knows how to get get it done) they can have a winger that can work with the Twins with size, or for Kesler`s line (this is a pipe dream) RFA Tyler Ennis who has speed, intensity and is a play-maker, something the team needs for the 2nd line.

imagine that:

Twins - Foligno (many dirty goals, or Nick can work alongside the Twins in their cycle or in their creative plays)
Ennis - Kes - Booth
(speedy, offensive wingers with play maker Ennis, centered by shooter and defensive center Kes)

:frantic:

Edited by MessiNacity10, 16 April 2012 - 12:01 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#110 AJK19

AJK19

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

The Sedins will retire as Canucks! They will eventually move down from the first line but they won't get traded.

Posted Image

#111 kelnet

kelnet

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

THey were what ifs. I was just trying to tell a point by saying we're still in it. The fact that you're quoting me after a loss doesn't really work when I posted that before the loss..

"What ifs" don't work as a response to a point, either.
My point - They are not playing well. Changes are needed.
Your response - Yeah, but what if they played well?
Well then I wouldn't have made the first point then, would I?

Anyway, can everyone who is happy with this series please post in this thread and let us know why you are happy?

#112 sulihpoeht

sulihpoeht

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

"What ifs" don't work as a response to a point, either.
My point - They are not playing well. Changes are needed.
Your response - Yeah, but what if they played well?
Well then I wouldn't have made the first point then, would I?

Anyway, can everyone who is happy with this series please post in this thread and let us know why you are happy?

I was basically telling you that this series isn't over yet, so lets wait and see... How could I have foretold that we would have lost yesterday?
GO CANUCKS GO!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.