The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Start Schneider Sunday

irani1378

as a goalie in my own right, you can't blame a goalie if the team can't score, this is the dumbest topic i've read here,

luongo has played great, you can't blame him for TWO short handed goals, or the fact that bitz charges a guy and gives them a 5 minute major, or two 2 man powerplays, this team can't make passes right now and you are saying we should change the goalie for a spark. This is why I hate fellow canucks fans, you don't know what you want, to win you have to score and we are not doing it.

Now if Cory came in and had a bad game, would he be thrown under the bus?

remember this is a team sport put the blame to one person is unfair and unjustifed,

blame Edler for giving the puck away on the break out in his own zone which caused the first short handed goal, or blame hamhius for falling over and letting brown skate in a score the 2nd, or bitz for the charging call which cost him 2 game (which i'm glad hes gone) or blame gillis for trading hodgson away for kassian (worst trade) or blame the pp unit which can't get anything going!!!!

Ya, start Schneids. Lu has been great the past 2 games, but he needs a break, so I think starting Schneids, will spark the team up a bit. I notice that we always win with Schneids, and we sometimes win or lose with Lu. I dont hate Lu, I still respect him. But he needs a break, let Schneids start.

No, but what's the downside? Luongo has been great, but he hasn't been stealing games for us. Schneider has never done anything but prove that he can be an elite goaltender. We're down 2-0 in a series where Luongo has let in a couple of soft goals, so why not put Schneider in for a game? Maybe he'll be able to step up and steal us game 3.

It's a shame that this sorry franchise always chooses to go down with its starting goalie. They did it twice with the Cloutier sieve and they repeat the same mistakes with Luongo again and again even though they have a more than capable backup goalie sitting on the bench.

Luongo is one of the main reasons why the Ds are running around in chaos when he always redirects all pucks, even those from dump ins, to the corners and sideboards and has his Ds take hits after hits by the big Kings. Luongo should be playing goalie and not table tennis in the Canucks goal. Fools only look at the spectacular saves Luongo makes, which he always does, that have earned him a big contract. But the fact is that Luongo is a goalie who makes easy saves looks spectacular but who cannot make crucial saves at crucial times. A 3.59 GAA and a .891 save percentage by Luongo will win you no games vs Quick who basically has shut the door. If AV and MG has guts and courage, they MUST start Schneider who gives up almost haly a goal less than Luongo per game and who has a better save percentage than Quick the next game in LA.

GET ONE BACK BY SCHNEIDER IN LA AND THE CANUCKS ARE BACK IN THE SERIES. SCHNEIDER SIMPLY CANNOT BE WORSE THAN LUONGO.

I think Lu has been the best Canuck on the ice but the fact remains Something has to be done, if they continue playing this way its over! They can't bench the entire team, so the only solution seems to make a goal tender change, something to show the rest of the boys that yes we will bench our best player if that is what it takes to win! I am sure Lu can handle it he's a big boy and if he can't well if Schenids wins and keeps winning then that is just what has to happen!

This makes total sense, lets pull our goalie that has been playing lights out, to play our other goalie who may play lights out.

I'm not against playing Cory for game 3 but ONLY! because it may somehow make the rest of the team start playing better.

Luongo has been on fire the past 2 games and anyone who blames the losses on him are plain foolish.

Archived