The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Start Schneider Sunday

irani1378

I posted this in the other thread but since that might get buried, I'll post it here too...

When asked who's gonna start Sunday, AV refused to say who's starting because according to him, he wants to notify his goalies first... and that means that Cory is definitely starting, because if it was Lu, there would be no need for him to notify anyone since Luongo has always been the starting goalie unless notified otherwise...

I think it's gonna be a mistake starting Cory... Luongo's been playing well and he's bound to steal a game or two and LA isn't exactly one of the places he has trouble with (like Chicago or Minnesota)... I think he can definitely steal 1 of the 2 games there and if the team makes a half decent effort for the other one, there's a fairly good chance that we could come back here tied 2-2 for game 5...

This is gonna be a very risky move; to start Cory just to spark up the team, especially considering the fact that Luongo's actually playing well... I donnu, i just don't have a good feeling about this one...

WHY YOU NO SCORE MOAR GOALS LUONGO

Seriously, the guys skating around the whole sheet of ice are the only issue here. LU has been good, first game two 5 on 3 penalties and a five minute major killed us. Second game if you really want to blame lu for something, the third goal, he maybe should have stopped, but the main issue is the same one we all ignore from the 4th round series last year....You can't win if you don't score and Vancouver had one goal until the final 3 minutes last night.

so, i guess if you expected Lu to score more goals, then yes, play Schneider next game.

Luongo has done everything to keep us in the two games.

But this team needs a shake-up

Maybe they'll play more responsibly, harder working with Schneids in net.

This team needs a big kick in the ass and having Schneider start may open up their eyes.

I agree the team has far more issues than its goaltending. Lack of power play quarterback. Lack of finishers. The biggest issue this year was scoring goals. Kesler is clearly not the same player as last year. No daniel is disastrous for our inept goal production. Booth has hands of stone. Salo is older than dirt. Raymond can't even grow a beard. Softest player in the league without soft hands. Vigneault is unable to motivate this team any longer. What happened to the aggressive offensive team? The systems sucks. Time for a change. The kings have totally magnified the gaping holes on this team. Last year was our chance sadly.

It will take a miracle to resurrect the hole that's been dug in this series. P.S. luongo still flops around on his belly like a wounded seal.

I am starting to think that a lot of you like Lou more then winning. When a team needs a spark and you have one of the best goalies in the league as a back up you go with him for the good of the team. There is no if and or buts about it think about what you have in Cory.

If we win then stick with the goalie that wins for sure. What will it say to the team if pull the winning goalie out. This is really not a shock I think all of us thought we would see Cory in net at some point as he was the goalie that was playing better the last month of the season.

To whoever said that the team plays more confident in front of Schneider- I disagree with that assessment.

That would be implying that the team think that they're better with one as opposed to the other. If anything, the Canucks might give a better effort because they feel like they need to make up for the inexperience in net (that inexperience has fast left the building after this season... big games in Detroit, Boston, etc).

I believe that Luongo has been our best players so far in this series, but I think that we should roll with Schneider for game 3 in LA since that gives us one more bullet in going back with Luongo for game 4 if things don't work out.

If we win, that's great, if not, we are at least using the depth that we have in our goalies.

Archived