Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Start Schneider Sunday

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#91 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

I agree, we do need change, but not in goal..

You guys saying this sure don't understand Hockey...

#92 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

i think luongo should get the start, however i dont really mind it that much if schnieder get the start tomorrow. although no matter what happens when he plays, luongo gets the start next game.

LOL, this is a joke right? Why? So we can be at square one all over again?

Edited by DoItForRaymond, 14 April 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#93 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

I think Lu has been the best Canuck on the ice but the fact remains Something has to be done, if they continue playing this way its over! They can't bench the entire team, so the only solution seems to make a goal tender change, something to show the rest of the boys that yes we will bench our best player if that is what it takes to win! I am sure Lu can handle it he's a big boy and if he can't well if Schenids wins and keeps winning then that is just what has to happen!

29mln9e.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#94 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Even Cory thinks it's a good decision!

“We haven't given him a lot of help on a lot of these goals and kind of hanging him out to dry on a few of them,” Schneider said of Luongo. “It's not my decision. Maybe give the team a new look, shake up the team.”

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=8629

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 14 April 2012 - 08:15 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#95 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

He's our only hope.

Signed,

Obi Wan Kenobi

Edited by lui's knob, 14 April 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#96 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

if Schneider goes in, he aint coming back out =]

You couldn't be more wrong.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#97 George_Costanza

George_Costanza

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

You couldn't be more right.

Fixed.
Posted Image

#98 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Fixed.

:picard:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#99 Canuck666

Canuck666

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

We're getting broomed...that's not a word but I'm 100 percent sure we will get the broom. I love the team but I am also realistic.

#100 FanInCalgary

FanInCalgary

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

This makes total sense, lets pull our goalie that has been playing lights out, to play our other goalie who may play lights out.
I'm not against playing Cory for game 3 but ONLY! because it may somehow make the rest of the team start playing better.
Luongo has been on fire the past 2 games and anyone who blames the losses on him are plain foolish.

He played good in the first game, alright in the second game. Definitely not good enough to steal the series.

#101 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Luongo has had his chance but he has not played consistent as you need in the playoffs. Give Cory the start and see where the series goes now. It is now going to be a really interesting offseason to figure out what they are going to do with the current goalie situation.

#102 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Start Schneider Sunday and GO KICK SOME LA ASS!!!!..we figure out the roster stuff later.

#103 DrWhom

DrWhom

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

He played good in the first game, alright in the second game. Definitely not good enough to steal the series.

For two game the Kings goalie has played like a team needs the goalie to do in the playoffs. SV% 95-96.
Luongo has not. 1st game was ok with 92% but second was 84% which is jus not good at all.
LA needs to be beaten 1-0 or 2-1. If they score 4 goals it indicates a problem. Luongo played that way during the season against them. A couple low scoring wins but he also let them win big (4-1 I think it was).
The Canucks have one of the best backups in the league, with a season SV % not far from Quicks, sitting on the bench. Luongo has had two goes in these playoffs without a win. It would be silly to not try a change at this time.

#104 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

I will never understand people's preoccupation with "redundant" threads.

I didnt either until playoffs started. I'm new here and now that playoffs have started i find i have to do a lot of sifting through threads to find worthy reading material that isnt someones emotional thought of the moment about the sky falling. But i probably wouldn't call them out on why they started a thread. I would rather add my 2cents and move on.

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.