The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedin Is Out For The Series

drukes1234

:(

Recover well Daniel

Most would like to give the derogatory comment for Duncan Keith right now. I say it should be directed at the NHL for not really giving a damn for player safety regarding altercations on the ice that AREN'T HOCKEY PLAYS.

I honestly thought we could beat the Kings without him. Their offence shouldn't be this hard to contain so we shouldn't need to score 4 goals to compete with them. The 2 we're getting should be enough against a team that barely averaged 2 goals per game.

Our problem is defence, not offence. If our defenders tighten up their play, stop making terrible giveaways inour own zone and stop dicking around with bad gambles like the Hamhuis dive for the puck and Edler drop pass we wouldn't be losing this series.

Perhaps this will help Vancouver focus more on the task at hand, and not be waiting or thinking Daniel will be back to solidify the first line this series.

Hoping Daniel is back this season, of course if 110% ready.

As for Shift-4 's comments regarding Keith. I agree this is frustrating, what would be a solution in terms of Keith's suspension ? Should these kinds of suspensions be tied directly into how long the injured player is out for ?

Makes you wonder why Gillis said something so stupid a few weeks ago that he expected Sedin to be ready for the playoffs..... You'd think that if anyone would be aware of the concussion problems and how unpredictable they are , it should be him. If he would have stated from the get go that there is no time table at all for his return then we wouldnt have so many questions on his return.

I HATE DUNCAN KEITH and the nhl for not punishing a clear intent to injure. When you deliberately try to hurt someone it shouldn't mnatter if you are a first-time offender. First time offender should only be considered when it's a questionable/borderline hit. Pathetic that the nhl/shanahan said it he was 'closing the gap'. Give me a break. If that was crosby, duncan keith would be gone for the season/playoffs.

Next time we play the hawks someone better deal with him. He just ruined our chance at going deep into the playoffs. How one player can ruin an entire team's chance and get a slap on the wrist is beyond me.

Archived