Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Sedin Is Out For The Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

#31 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

I hope you're happy, Duncan Keith.

he probably is

#32 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

The series is over. Imagine if the Penguins lost Crosby.
Posted Image

#33 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

I thought this was the case from the very beginning. It sucks for sure and this team desperately needs him. Now this should be a wake-up call for the team that it's time for them to step it up big time.

I honestly don't think we need Danny to win because we have everything we need. The problem is this team isn't working as a team. Too many mistakes that turned into goals. Our Ds are struggling big time. PP needs help.

If they can address these problems asap, then this series wouldn't have been this bad. IMO, I think PP needs to be rebuilt starting with different combos and see how they work out. Obviously, these combos are not working anymore and our techniques has been figured out.

#34 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

his long term health is more important than our run this year.

Plus this team should be able to get its act together to beat LA.

#35 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

The series is over. Imagine if the Penguins lost Crosby.

They have lost Crosby during the season but they somehow made it to the playoffs. U know why because players in their team stepped up and played without crosby. I wonder who will step up in game 3 for Canucks.
Posted Image

#36 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Well this sucks :( frack you Keith.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#37 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Can we call it a setback now?

#38 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

I wonder what the Canucks told Shanny regarding this injury when he was considering Kieth's suspension?

Did they know how bad it was? I know concussions are tricky, but one wonders if Shanny would do it differently if he knew the severity of the concussion.

"Who knows, the center ice ref might have had a better view than the ref 5 feet away."

#39 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

I wonder what the Canucks told Shanny regarding this injury when he was considering Kieth's suspension?

Did they know how bad it was? I know concussions are tricky, but one wonders if Shanny would do it differently if he knew the severity of the concussion.

Nope. Nothing. Eblow to the head is 5 games no matter what.

If that's the case, maybe we should get Bitz or Duco to do the same to Keith. It's only going to be 5 games.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#40 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Nope. Nothing. Eblow to the head is 5 games no matter what.

If that's the case, maybe we should get Bitz or Duco to do the same to Keith. It's only going to be 5 games.

Or I suppose anyone with a clean record to make Anze see Kopistars.

"Who knows, the center ice ref might have had a better view than the ref 5 feet away."

#41 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

I'm actually glad there's a answer for him. That's one distraction out of the way for this team and they can just play. Recover well Danny.

#42 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,725 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thanks Keith

Regards,
CH9

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#43 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

So one injury and out total team collapses? Talk about gutless...

#44 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

So one injury and out total team collapses? Talk about gutless...

Gutless? Gutless? There is not one player in the NHL who is gutless. Ever block a 100 MPH slap shot? Go into a corner to retrieve a puck when you know you are going to be leveled?

Gutless is a useless word when it comes to describing hockey players. Right up there with 'classy and classless' oh, and I also hate it when idiots use the term 'pieces' to describe hockey players just cause they heard Bobby Mac do it.

Edited by coyotecanuck, 14 April 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#45 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Noooooooo!!!! I was hoping he'd be back this round. Maybe if he could come back it would have given a boost to the team. On the other hand the team will now have to focus and rally around his absence. Get well soon Danny.

#46 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Get better soon.

Edited by LuongoCFan, 14 April 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#47 gordfish

gordfish

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

I honestly thought we could beat the Kings without him. Their offence shouldn't be this hard to contain so we shouldn't need to score 4 goals to compete with them. The 2 we're getting should be enough against a team that barely averaged 2 goals per game.

Our problem is defence, not offence. If our defenders tighten up their play, stop making terrible giveaways inour own zone and stop dicking around with bad gambles like the Hamhuis dive for the puck and Edler drop pass we wouldn't be losing this series.

Agreed, to an extent. They turned the puck over 10 times in their own zone in the first period. And I've been saying for a few years now that their defense is over rated and lacks a legit number one, which is vital in winning Cups. If Edler keeps playing this poorly, they are doubly screwed. But now the Grabner, Ehrhoff, Samuelsson and Hodgson decisions have finally caught up with them, and that's why they can't score. And if you can't score, you don't win.

#48 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

The series is not over. Losing Daniel is bad but getting away from Vancouver will help this team. The pressure is way too much right now. And this is the best strategy. Let the team, fans, media know he isn't coming back to develop a bit of an us against the world attitude. I always thought they should have been far more straight forward on the injury. Playing the games only makes them look bad. Now it's easier to get behind the guys and maybe make them believe in becoming underdogs.

If I was in charge I would have had the wheels up on the airplane by midnight last night. Get the heck out of town before the articles and talk shows start. Also this announcement comes at a great time because now everyone will be focusing on Daniel and forget about that atrocious effort last night.

I would be very surprised if they don't win tomorrow and then enjoy the two days off at the beach somewhere without all the pressures of the Vancouver fans and media.

Edited by bd71, 14 April 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#49 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

this whole situation is easier to swallow if what happened was an accident, but from the looks of the play Keith has an intent to hurt daniel which makes it much worse that the league only gave him 5 games.

The canucks season is almost over, daniel is having setbacks, while Keith is laughing getting off easily and getting to play every playoff game they have.

#50 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Expected. He had a setback, and that was that.

No hope is lost though, we can still win this series without him.

#DoItForDanny!!!!
Posted Image

#51 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

Next time Duncan Keith plays in Vancouver i wanna see someone grab his head and smash it repeatedly in the glass and take the 2500.00 fine.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#52 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

I am very frustrated with Daniel out. Yes, i am hoping we can overcome this, but he is one of our top players. It also came at a time when we couldn't replace him on LTIR. It is the equivalent of LA being without Carter or Richards, or Kopitar. Any one of those out, and LA looks seriously different. LA is playing mathematically over the cap, they have a cap hit of 1.283 for Carter. Now, next year they have to adjust to make room, but for now, they get a reprieve on the cap. Vancouver is only getting about a 400k reprieve on Booth. With Daniel out, we are playing 6M below cap.

I really think this makes more difference than we would like to admit.I would be curious to try a line up of
Kesler Henrik Booth
Burrows Lapiere Hansen
Higgins Pahlsson Ebbett
Raymond Malholtra Kassian

to see if it would give Hank some support, some shooters to pass to.

I also think we need for right now to get Eddy off the PP.

Edited by WL Canuck Fan, 14 April 2012 - 10:50 AM.

Sig too big.

#53 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Duncan Keith is playing...Daniel is not..."Balls"

#54 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

I honestly thought we could beat the Kings without him. Their offence shouldn't be this hard to contain so we shouldn't need to score 4 goals to compete with them. The 2 we're getting should be enough against a team that barely averaged 2 goals per game.

Our problem is defence, not offence. If our defenders tighten up their play, stop making terrible giveaways inour own zone and stop dicking around with bad gambles like the Hamhuis dive for the puck and Edler drop pass we wouldn't be losing this series.

They've averaged over three goals a game since the trade deadline so there offence is picking up. So i think our problem is offence and defence.

The Hamhuis dive? That is on Kesler for a poor drop pass on the power play. I will agree Edler has been awful but this is on the whole team (except Lui) not just the D.
Posted Image

#55 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Next time Duncan Keith plays in Vancouver i wanna see someone grab his head and smash it repeatedly in the glass and take the 2500.00 fine.

I am willing to volunteer. That elbow may well have cost us a cup run and the Canucks millions of dollars in revenue.

I am keeping the faith and hoping we can bounce back somehow. I hope they give Lui a break (he deserves it) and try and wake our team up by starting Schneider. Desperate times, desperate measures.
Posted Image

#56 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

WHY?!?!

#57 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Anyone who follows mark Spector on twitter and is a Canucks fan needs to quit following him. He tweeted something about the nucks deserve head shots

#58 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Our defence is our biggest problem, they seem so lost and are always a step slow. Also when they have to puck its like they dont know what to do with it.

That drop pass is so pathetic, I cant believe not a single person on the coaching staff and the players havent realised how much that drop pass costs us. Also there is no communication going on between any of the players...the Dman that drops the pass before the forward has even taken a stride to move up the ice. Or he is close enough but just not lined up with the pass.

How did the coaching staff think that anything they keep dong over and over would not be exposed by the other teams.

#59 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

UH NO
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#60 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

I wonder if AV will resort to his trap style strategy he used in his first few years in Vancouver.

If you've noticed our total lack of a forecheck, I would say he has already been preaching that.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.