The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedin Is Out For The Series

drukes1234

Noooooooo!!!! I was hoping he'd be back this round. Maybe if he could come back it would have given a boost to the team. On the other hand the team will now have to focus and rally around his absence. Get well soon Danny.

I honestly thought we could beat the Kings without him. Their offence shouldn't be this hard to contain so we shouldn't need to score 4 goals to compete with them. The 2 we're getting should be enough against a team that barely averaged 2 goals per game.

Our problem is defence, not offence. If our defenders tighten up their play, stop making terrible giveaways inour own zone and stop dicking around with bad gambles like the Hamhuis dive for the puck and Edler drop pass we wouldn't be losing this series.

The series is not over. Losing Daniel is bad but getting away from Vancouver will help this team. The pressure is way too much right now. And this is the best strategy. Let the team, fans, media know he isn't coming back to develop a bit of an us against the world attitude. I always thought they should have been far more straight forward on the injury. Playing the games only makes them look bad. Now it's easier to get behind the guys and maybe make them believe in becoming underdogs.

If I was in charge I would have had the wheels up on the airplane by midnight last night. Get the heck out of town before the articles and talk shows start. Also this announcement comes at a great time because now everyone will be focusing on Daniel and forget about that atrocious effort last night.

I would be very surprised if they don't win tomorrow and then enjoy the two days off at the beach somewhere without all the pressures of the Vancouver fans and media.

this whole situation is easier to swallow if what happened was an accident, but from the looks of the play Keith has an intent to hurt daniel which makes it much worse that the league only gave him 5 games.

The canucks season is almost over, daniel is having setbacks, while Keith is laughing getting off easily and getting to play every playoff game they have.

I am very frustrated with Daniel out. Yes, i am hoping we can overcome this, but he is one of our top players. It also came at a time when we couldn't replace him on LTIR. It is the equivalent of LA being without Carter or Richards, or Kopitar. Any one of those out, and LA looks seriously different. LA is playing mathematically over the cap, they have a cap hit of 1.283 for Carter. Now, next year they have to adjust to make room, but for now, they get a reprieve on the cap. Vancouver is only getting about a 400k reprieve on Booth. With Daniel out, we are playing 6M below cap.

I really think this makes more difference than we would like to admit.I would be curious to try a line up of

Kesler Henrik Booth

Burrows Lapiere Hansen

Higgins Pahlsson Ebbett

Raymond Malholtra Kassian

to see if it would give Hank some support, some shooters to pass to.

I also think we need for right now to get Eddy off the PP.

I honestly thought we could beat the Kings without him. Their offence shouldn't be this hard to contain so we shouldn't need to score 4 goals to compete with them. The 2 we're getting should be enough against a team that barely averaged 2 goals per game.

Our problem is defence, not offence. If our defenders tighten up their play, stop making terrible giveaways inour own zone and stop dicking around with bad gambles like the Hamhuis dive for the puck and Edler drop pass we wouldn't be losing this series.

Archived