Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Lineup Changes For Game 3 ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#61 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

What will AV do???
The same thing he always does leave Raymond in and do the same old thing!!!!!!
Dump and chase.
He'll say play more defence boys cause me know no offence.

#62 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

i agree with the whole line up

if lappy doesnt find his way to the first ill be angry

and kassian has shown he can make room for the puck , i think they should put him on the 2nd too

I take it you ment "on the 2nd *powerplay unit too"

But yeah I agree what you said too, hopefully that 2nd line (if together) will all play the same way so they wont have raymond holding them back they can all hit, and go hard to the net and really work hard and grind out goals.

zackass.png

#63 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

I don't really see an AHL-player producing in the playoffs for a NHL-team. I just don't see it happening.

#64 toyotafan

toyotafan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

I just don't see the reason why we keep Kassian in the line up right now. He's got hands of stone and Bryan Orser could kick his a$$.

#65 b-mo

b-mo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Can't call up Reinprecht because of waivers.

\Iain MacIntyre @imacVanSun

@thejoel55 Reinprecht subject to re-entry waivers. He has already been paid, so LA would probably claim him to deprive VAN.

since when do waivers apply to playoffs?
Posted Image

#66 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

its all about lapierre on the first he does not deserve to pay with the 4th because of how well he has been playing

Yeah but he makes that 4th line what it is. He should be back on the 4th line with Malhotra and either Kassian, Bitz, Weise or Volpatti (fingers crossed as I would love to see this guy back in the line up, he would be so hungry).

#67 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

I like all of it except the MAG

Lappy Sedin Burrs
Higgs Kes Booth
Ebbet Pahlsson Hansen
Weise Malh Kass

Bieksa Hammer
Edler Salo
Ballard Grag

this is what i wanna see. And don't shorten up the bench!! let the third and forth line get their chances... you can't just ride our top 2 lines for most of the night.

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#68 TACanucks

TACanucks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Volpatti wouldn't make that much of a difference on the 4th line, I would rather keep the proven players...besides we should be worrying about our top lines and stop shuffling our bottom players

#69 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Ebbett-Sedin-Burr
Booth-Kesler-Lapierre
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Weise-Malhotra-Bieksa

Hamhuis-Salo
Ballard-Tanev
Grags-Alberts

Top line played well leading into the playoffs and was split for game 1. IMO Raymond messes with the overall team chemistry. I like him but he needs to stay in the pressbox for the good of this team.

Booth plays a far more effective game on the left wing. A line that exploded with offence in the final game of the season and on paper looks like it should be a playoff effective line (played a decent first game until they were split).

Third line needs no explanation.

Fourth line and d pairings are pretty much for sh*** and giggles but I do think that Bieksa would be a more effective fourth line winger than defenceman at the moment. As for the d pairings I just came up with something that had Edler sitting in the pressbox for a game because he really seems to need a break to wake up from whatever funk he is in. Would love to see if Ballard or Grags can add a little jump to our PP. I chose Alberts over Rome because he is right-handed. I do believe either player is likely to make a questionable hit in the first period and end up kicked out of the game anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Kryten, 14 April 2012 - 11:34 PM.

Posted Image

#70 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,204 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Lapierre Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Booth
Ebbett Pahlsson Hansen
Raymond Malhotra Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Salo
Ballard Tanev

I'd shake up on the power play. Just even for the first one.

First Unit:

Pahlsson Sedin Hansen
Edler and Salo manning the point

Second Unit

Burrows Lapierre Kassian
Ballard and Tanev on the points, Kassian crashes the net while Lappy and Burr do their thing.

This adds some defensive responsibility to the team trying to score with guys like Hansen and Burrows.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 14 April 2012 - 11:36 PM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#71 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Playoffs aren't the time to try D men out as forwards. That's ridiculous.

#72 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

This is exactly what we didn't need, which was to play musical chairs with our entire lineup DURING the playoffs. We had the entire year to figure it out and now look where we are.

No cohesion, no meshing, no consistency...

Not sure if this is MG or AV, I think both.

Last year our lines except for the second line were solid and in place all year and even that second line had Kesler. We are right back to square one. Not a single line is pulling its weight. Useless fricken garbage.

ARRR

Oh and for the love of god, get Kassian out of the line up. He looks like a shell shocked lost dog in a tornado. He barely made the sh***y Buffalo team, what makes AV think hes right for the playoffs?

Edited by hsedin33, 14 April 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#73 Pimp C

Pimp C

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

Lapierre - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Ebbet - Pahlsson - Hansen
Weise - Malhotra - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

*Throw Raymond down a well.

#74 Haidacanuck

Haidacanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

What lineup changes will AV make for Game 3 ?

I say Do this....

Since Daniel is out for the series.. Call up Steven Reinprecht and slot Kesler with Henrik

Kesler - Henrik - Burrows
Higgins- Reinprecht - Booth
Hansen - Pahlsson- Lapierre
Raymond - Malhotra-Kassian/Weise

Bieksa- Hamhuis
Edler -Salo
Ballard-Tanev

Luongo

I say keep Luongo in net, because all the goals he let in werent his fault it was all the defensive misques that led to us down 0-2.

What do you guys think about this ?

I think we should get lappy back on the top line. Shnieds should start and leave Amex alone. I like the def pairings

#75 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Shuffling the deck is no solution. At the end, you are left with all the same cards. Some of them just need to be dealt with.

#76 IwantGDiduc!

IwantGDiduc!

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

You can't hang the blame on Luongo, he's been good enough to win. From what I've seen, the blame needs to be placed squarely on the five guys in front of him. Missed assignments, lazy play in our own end defensive mistakes, the list goes on in our own end. At the other end, a lack of goal support hurts Luongo as much as the defensive play has. I you can't score you can't win. Henrik has what two points ? Kesler has what? 0 ? Where's that guy from last year ? What's his name ? Oh Yeah Mason Raymond where is he ? Last year he was electric to watch and gave the defense fits ! Higgins has not been perfect either, the best line we have right at the moment is our third line. At least they are trying and getting chances and usually keep the play in the right end of the ice. Time has come to put up or shut up and go golfing. President cup two years in a row means something to me, it means MY team should be dominating these teams who just squeek into the final spot of the playoffs. Thus far I'm dissappointed, but that won't stop me from cheering them on.

#77 riske1

riske1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

So if Rome and Alberts ar too big and slow for the Canucks, why the hell are Mitchell and Green so effective for the Kings? The kings are a big team that plays tough so AV takes out Rome, Alberts and dresses Ebbett instead of Wiese. Stupid move IMHO. Use the right tools to do the job for f**k sakes.

One of the main reasons everyone outside of BC hate this team is the perception that they will just out skill everyone else and turn the other cheek. It dos not take much to realize that if two teams are equally skilled then the bigger more physical team will come out on top.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

#78 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hey .... Tim Thomas just let in a Luongo type goal and that series is tied.

The fact that you just labelled it "a Luongo type goal" should say enough don't you think?

#79 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

For a team touted to have so much depth, how does it fall apart so easily?

It's not the depth players that are faltering, it's the top 6 and our supposed "Stud" D.

Of the 4 goals we've scored so far, 2 were by the 3rd line players and one from a flukey tip on a shot from the D. Our top 6 have done essentially nothing since Burrows' spin-o-rama goal early in the first game.

#80 serenityvan

serenityvan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Its SCHNIEDERS time to shine!!!!!!

#81 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

Last year, AV wouldn't play the 4th line because he didn't trust the talent. THis year, they have a mix of grit. size, speed, tenacity they could use to form an effective 4th line and here we are, our lines are a complete mess (except 3rd), AV is once again not rolling 4 lines and even our top lines are pieced together ona game by game basis.

When AV accidentally stumbled across Lappy with Hank and Burrows as being effective, he dismantled it for teh playoffs. WTF?!!

The problem for the Nucks can't be solved with some magical shuffling of the players. It started months ago when AV continually tinkered with players in and out of the line up looking for "magic" instead of letting players learn their roles, get comfortable with their responsibilities and teammates, and focus on playing a team game.

This team looks confused and demoralized and they are not playing any kind of "system" partly because half of them are in new positions and with new line mates every game. NO wonder assignments are missed.

AV is throwing crap at the wall hoping something will stick.

I honestly believe the Nucks are one of the most talented teams in the NHL and have the talent to dominate in the playoffs. What they lack is a coach that utlilze those assets effectively. More juggling at this stage won't change things.

#82 snipes2539

snipes2539

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

AV's unwillingness to scratch Raymond will hurt this team, Raymond as it is doesn't fit in anywhere on this lineup, but he's AV's golden boy who can do no wrong and will undoubtedly find his way in somewhere, and eventually wind up on the 1st or 2nd line.
Marriage = When the man comes home, he checks his balls at the door.

#83 DutchieBang

DutchieBang

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Amex line is back in tact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hansen the beast promoted to the first line with Burr and Hank. Lapierre with Malhotra and Kassian, Tanev in with Ballard. Looks like Luongo starts.

Edited by shouldaplayedhockey, 15 April 2012 - 10:09 AM.

Posted Image

#84 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Last year, AV wouldn't play the 4th line because he didn't trust the talent. THis year, they have a mix of grit. size, speed, tenacity they could use to form an effective 4th line and here we are, our lines are a complete mess (except 3rd), AV is once again not rolling 4 lines and even our top lines are pieced together ona game by game basis.

When AV accidentally stumbled across Lappy with Hank and Burrows as being effective, he dismantled it for teh playoffs. WTF?!!

The problem for the Nucks can't be solved with some magical shuffling of the players. It started months ago when AV continually tinkered with players in and out of the line up looking for "magic" instead of letting players learn their roles, get comfortable with their responsibilities and teammates, and focus on playing a team game.

This team looks confused and demoralized and they are not playing any kind of "system" partly because half of them are in new positions and with new line mates every game. NO wonder assignments are missed.

AV is throwing crap at the wall hoping something will stick.

I honestly believe the Nucks are one of the most talented teams in the NHL and have the talent to dominate in the playoffs. What they lack is a coach that utlilze those assets effectively. More juggling at this stage won't change things.

100% agree. This coach is a clown

#85 6string

6string

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

this may be coach v's toughest challenge in the canuck organization, if the pp gets the job done we'll be okay, no line-up changes! go nux!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.