Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TRR

Why Not Call Up Reinprecht?

35 posts in this topic

I thought the team had said before the playoffs that because there was no cap they were planning on calling up Reinprecht once the playoffs had started. I'd say now is as good a time as any.

I'd like to see the forward lines for next game look something like this:

Raymond Sedin Kassian

Higgins Kesler Booth

Burrows Pahlsson Hansen

Weise Reinprecht Lappiere

My reasoning? Raymond had a great game last night and Kassian powered to the net at times extremely well. There needs to be a shake up as Henrik's linemates did a pretty awful job at getting open at times. Maybe the speed and the toughness can help out there.

Higgins, Kesler and Booth had numerous scoring chances without being able to finish, hopefully they can work that out.

Burrows with Pahlsson, and Hansen (the latter two who both had good games) would create a third scoring line.

And Weise, Reinprecht and Lappiere, which would create somewhat of a legitimate bruising and grinding fourth line. Malhotra should be a scratch I believe, as statistically he was badly out chanced last game.

We need something to shake the team up and hopefully that means bringing in Reinprecht.

Subject to re-entry waivers. LA could just claim him for the hell of it. It's too bad tho as he's playing well for the wolves. 2 goals and an assist last night. His second 3 point game in his last 4 games

If he was NHL caliber he'd be in the NHL. Reinprecht is not the answer. Our core that is making multi-millions need to play like it.

If he was NHL caliber he'd be in the NHL. Reinprecht is not the answer. Our core that is making multi-millions need to play like it.

That's not at all why he's not in the NHL. Cap-hit plays a large roll in why he isn't.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's not the answer and it's foolish to believe otherwise.

Defence is the problem right now!!!! edler cost us both games, other than the poor play in the d-zone the canucks havent looked that bad

A 4th liner will not be the difference maker, especially someone that has played in the AHL the entire season

How do you know he Isn't? He's been playing well, and he could probably come up here and Contribute.

To think that Reinprecht would be the difference maker when our core has played less than par (except Luongo) is like I said before foolish. Maybe he could come up and and a point or two or some more grit but that still doesn't change the fact that unless our stars start to play like it, it doesn't matter. Reinprecht is not an all-star with game changing abilities and I truely don't believe that he would make a noticable difference. I tend to think that Canucks management would agree seeing he's with Chicago.

I thought he didn't have to clear re-entry waivers? Odd. Regardless, the Wolves have playoffs too. I would've liked to bring him up for more depth, but he's not going to be the difference maker, that's for sure.

I never alluded to him being an all-start. Where would you even figure we would find an all-star at this time of year. Malhotra had an awful game last game. The team needs to be shaken up. You're an idiot if you think the only changes that should be made should be to slot in an inexistent "all-star".

I thought the team had said before the playoffs that because there was no cap they were planning on calling up Reinprecht once the playoffs had started. I'd say now is as good a time as any.

I'd like to see the forward lines for next game look something like this:

Raymond Sedin Kassian

Higgins Kesler Booth

Burrows Pahlsson Hansen

Weise Reinprecht Lappiere

My reasoning? Raymond had a great game last night and Kassian powered to the net at times extremely well. There needs to be a shake up as Henrik's linemates did a pretty awful job at getting open at times. Maybe the speed and the toughness can help out there.

Higgins, Kesler and Booth had numerous scoring chances without being able to finish, hopefully they can work that out.

Burrows with Pahlsson, and Hansen (the latter two who both had good games) would create a third scoring line.

And Weise, Reinprecht and Lappiere, which would create somewhat of a legitimate bruising and grinding fourth line. Malhotra should be a scratch I believe, as statistically he was badly out chanced last game.

We need something to shake the team up and hopefully that means bringing in Reinprecht.

Please re-read my post as you do not understand english. I never made a mention of "slotting in a non-existent all star". Where did you get that idea?

No but it was implied in the fact that you essentially wrote off the idea because "he is not a difference maker". Regardless of whether or not he can score - you're missing the point. The team needs a shake up.

The whole team needs to get their head out of their @sses !

To think that Reinprecht would be the difference maker when our core has played less than par (except Luongo) is like I said before foolish. Maybe he could come up and and a point or two or some more grit but that still doesn't change the fact that unless our stars start to play like it, it doesn't matter. Reinprecht is not an all-star with game changing abilities and I truely don't believe that he would make a noticable difference. I tend to think that Canucks management would agree seeing he's with Chicago.