The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Not Call Up Reinprecht?

TRR

I thought Gillis has said many times that the reason he (Reinprecht) hadn't been called up yet (regular season) was due to cap space and the fact the Canucks felt that he would be snapped up on waivers. I also thought that Gillis stated that Reinprecht was somebody to look for when he was called up in the playoffs as he (Gillis) felt Reinprecht was a REALLY good player. (??) Couldn't we use "that" really good player right now? Lastly could have sworn that waivers don't exist once the playoffs start. (??) Am I worng here?

:)

To think that Reinprecht would be the difference maker when our core has played less than par (except Luongo) is like I said before foolish. Maybe he could come up and and a point or two or some more grit but that still doesn't change the fact that unless our stars start to play like it, it doesn't matter. Reinprecht is not an all-star with game changing abilities and I truely don't believe that he would make a noticable difference. I tend to think that Canucks management would agree seeing he's with Chicago.

Waiting until Wolves' playoffs are done. Cap hit doesn't count in the playoffs so that's not right. He does have to go through the re-entry waivers but he can't play for that team until the next season if he is claimed. Not many teams would go out of their way to crush a veteran's hopes like that, especially when he's not a game changer.

There is no re-entry waivers during the post season. Teams can call up and send down to their hearts desires!

I believe the Wolves are still playing, so they dont want to take him away from that... And who knows if he's ready for NHL level play since he's been down there almost all year. Its not always the easiest transition. Might just be better to wait for him to come up next season.

Guest The Brown Burrows

If he was NHL caliber he'd be in the NHL. Reinprecht is not the answer. Our core that is making multi-millions need to play like it.

Where would he play? Fourth line? Who would he be an upgrade on? As for what you took out of context, I meant a point or two over the course of one or more complete series. As for grit we have out hit the Kings 71 to 60 over the last two games. I don't see his contributions being any greater than anyone in our current lineup.

Archived