The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I've Just Watched The Whole Game Again.

Bodee

The one that matters the most is the hitting. The Canucks are doing to the Kings what the Bruins did to them. They might not be getting the Ws in the early going but they've been absolutely crushing the Kings. Remember you're dealing with a playoff hardened squad vs a team that hasn't won a playoff series in over a decade. Just need to have a little patience.

I rewatched it too.... Need to put Schneider in for sure for game 3 to change the momentum.... Lu was good but did have a bit of a meltdown on goals 3+4.... Kassian needs to be parked in front of the net on the pp.... I thought he was pretty strong on the puck from behind the net in the second period and was also the screen on pahlssons goal.... La had a hard time with him....

Can't see the crap that went on outside of your television.

Are you sure we were good? Are you really really sure?

You obviously didn't see the stupid positioning of everyone then. The team was clumped together for 90% of the game. Defenseman only had 1 option, and that option was taken away. The team looked lost out there, they don't know how to counter the King's forecheck either.

The only way I see this series turning around is if AV majorly adjusts and throws the Kings a huge curveball. A lot of turning points in the playoffs are caused by one team making a significant change or shake-up and totally catching the other team off guard. Quennville and the Hawks did this to the Canucks in years past.

One example I can think of was mentioned earlier in this thread: AV has got to make use of Zack Kassian. Throw him in the top 6 and throw him on the PP as a net presence. This is a player that can change a series simply by giving his team a completely different look. Gillis went out and traded a huge piece of the team's future for this guy. USE HIM!

The hardest thing to do is create a gameplan based around a goalie imo. you have to take the chances as they come and hope things go your way. you can't just say, 'we need to get quick moving laterally' as if thats the magic recipe to scoring goals. no goalie is invincible even when he's able to square himself to shots, you just gotta keep it simple and try to shoot it where the goalie aint. once you start overthinking and trying to be fancy or precise, you will likely fall on your face like they did against thomas last year.

All good ideas, but I think you left out the biggest one (turnovers). We have to stop turning over the puck. Last game we made too many risky passes. Luckily, this is something we can easily control, as long as the players smarten up and execute.

Kassian for sure needs to park his arse in front of Quick! Look at that 2nd goal and where he was! Keep him there, make him make it his office! Don't leave all series. Make Kesler, Burr, Booth, Hansen, Lappy crash that net!

We got this still. One thing I keep saying What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger! And LA didn't kill them, they did. It's not over till it's over baby! Wooooooooooo!

why do you think teams go over tape? so they can catch different angles at a differetnpoint in time with a different mindset. Im sure most people who watched the game last night were watching through a frustrated haze (i know I was after 4 pps and barely a shot) and so you tend to see things in a certain way. watching the same game a day later can offer a more objective viewpoint as emotions and perception can be different. its not rocket science.

Guest BuckFoston

And also the turnovers. 1st game we had TOO many penalties, last night we improved on that. Then last night we ahd TOO many turnovers, are we going to improve on that tmr and actually spark something and freaking win?!?! And come back from a 2-0 series??! IF BOSTON DID THAT LAST YEAR, WE CAN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kes is starting to turn ihis BEAST MODE back on!

Quick was giving up so many rebounds last game, but the Canucks could just not get in front of the net. We just need one man in front of the net to bang in those rebounds, that is how we will score and beat LA.

2 Our physicality more than matched LA.4 Edler and Luongo were neither weak nor to blame for the defeat.5 We must try to pass laterally in front of Quick. 6 Its good to have Ballard back. Apart from a couple of moments it was like he had never been away. I also think by the 3rd game he will have calmed Tanev down enough to find his best game. Tanev didn't play badly it was just that he wasn't at his best

Archived