The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I've Just Watched The Whole Game Again.

Bodee

One improvement is to get some greasy ones on Quick. He's able to get set on those outside shots. LA's D seems to be getting in the lane to block the shots...rather than holding off and looking for the perfect pass...bang some shots off the end boards and get the rebounds.

I was at the game buddy, the Canucks were terrible.

Sure, we may have been "better," whatever that means, but we still suck. The Kings are terrible too, they get the stupidest goals. They aren't good, we just suck. We beat ourselves, they don't beat us.

I don't understand how anyone could think we played "well" last night, we played even worse than in Game 1. We played terribly, everoyne in the building was shocked at how we had 45 shots. We played terribly, deserved to lose.

What did I see the second time?

1 We had more than enough play and chances to win the game.

2 Our physicality more than matched LA.

3 We need to concentrate on parking a man in front of the net..........at both ends.

4 Edler and Luongo were neither weak nor to blame for the defeat.

5 We must try to pass laterally in front of Quick. We are faced in Quick, with a net minder who is trying to do a Tim Thomas on us. He is taking the piss with the distance he is venturing out of his goal area. We must find an angle by giving the shooter a lateral option instead of the low percentage shot. I think we should use Kassian more to stand in front of Quick. This would be an ideal way of using his size and his attitude.

6 It's good to have Ballard back. Apart from a couple of moments it was like he had never been away. I also think by the 3rd game he will have calmed Tanev down enough to find his best game. Tanev didn't play badly it was just that he wasn't at his best.

7 Kesler looks as if he is about ready to light up.

8 There are players in our team who look ready to break out. They are playing well but getting little reward. Kesler, Raymond, Hansen, Pahlsson, Burrows, Sedin and to a lesser extent Higgins, Booth and Ebbett. Kassian needs a set role (like Volpatti) Use him to screen, and throw his weight about in front of Quick. This team isn't Boston and although they are physical they are NOT intimidating.

9 We need to guard against leaving the back door open against this team. As far as I can see that is their only real weapon, the counter attack. Deny them that and I think we will rip them a new one. On the same theme, when we are all over them, we are getting ourselves out of position in our determination to score and losing concentration. More control and adhesion in our system is required.

Lastly if I was LA I wouldn't feel too cocky. There were signs there that given a break or two we will be a hot handful in LA. Personally I can't wait for it. Get our PP sorted (at least so it doesn't leave us vulnerable to counterattack) and we will start to roll.

Can't see the crap that went on outside of your television.

Are you sure we were good? Are you really really sure?

You obviously didn't see the stupid positioning of everyone then. The team was clumped together for 90% of the game. Defenseman only had 1 option, and that option was taken away. The team looked lost out there, they don't know how to counter the King's forecheck either.

The one that matters the most is the hitting. The Canucks are doing to the Kings what the Bruins did to them. They might not be getting the Ws in the early going but they've been absolutely crushing the Kings. Remember you're dealing with a playoff hardened squad vs a team that hasn't won a playoff series in over a decade. Just need to have a little patience.

Good post OP. We need to win the special teams battle, PP and PK. Last year our PP was fast puck movement which would confuse the opposing team, this season our PP looks so fracking slow. Our entry needs to be simpler and more efficient too - no more drop passes (which BTW, I heard there were none in our PP drills in practice today!). I still think Ballard should rush up the ice with the puck on the PP, he's such a smooth skater and gets around everyone.

the annoying thing is, we have a lot of guys who are looking good right now yet we cant find the back of the net yet. However with saying that, if we focus on good special teams and try to play more 5 on 5, we'll be alright. Luongo has been the best one on the ice both games as well, so this discussion about who will start tomorrow is kinda stupid.

Like the Boston series - no goals, no win.

What did I see the second time?

1 We had more than enough play and chances to win the game.

2 Our physicality more than matched LA.

3 We need to concentrate on parking a man in front of the net..........at both ends.

4 Edler and Luongo were neither weak nor to blame for the defeat.

5 We must try to pass laterally in front of Quick. We are faced in Quick, with a net minder who is trying to do a Tim Thomas on us. He is taking the piss with the distance he is venturing out of his goal area. We must find an angle by giving the shooter a lateral option instead of the low percentage shot. I think we should use Kassian more to stand in front of Quick. This would be an ideal way of using his size and his attitude.

6 It's good to have Ballard back. Apart from a couple of moments it was like he had never been away. I also think by the 3rd game he will have calmed Tanev down enough to find his best game. Tanev didn't play badly it was just that he wasn't at his best.

7 Kesler looks as if he is about ready to light up.

8 There are players in our team who look ready to break out. They are playing well but getting little reward. Kesler, Raymond, Hansen, Pahlsson, Burrows, Sedin and to a lesser extent Higgins, Booth and Ebbett. Kassian needs a set role (like Volpatti) Use him to screen, and throw his weight about in front of Quick. This team isn't Boston and although they are physical they are NOT intimidating.

9 We need to guard against leaving the back door open against this team. As far as I can see that is their only real weapon, the counter attack. Deny them that and I think we will rip them a new one. On the same theme, when we are all over them, we are getting ourselves out of position in our determination to score and losing concentration. More control and adhesion in our system is required.

Lastly if I was LA I wouldn't feel too cocky. There were signs there that given a break or two we will be a hot handful in LA. Personally I can't wait for it. Get our PP sorted (at least so it doesn't leave us vulnerable to counterattack) and we will start to roll.

Archived