Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canouver

No Finish

31 posts in this topic

Canucks get shots on net.

First game 26 ok

Second game 48 great

4 goals on 74 shots

The team said many times that they are happy sticking to one or two goal games. Are they really satisfied with that. Their getting shots but no one can finish a damn play anymore. We're getting good goal tending now we need goals.

We need d men that play like they can defend Luo and effectively pass out without interceptions.

LA is all over the D and the forwards are not scoring.

Not a good combination.

Goaltending that lets in one goal and we could have won both games.

The D is letting Luo down and Luo has to be just that little bit more consistent.

they are just putting simple shots on net

they REALLY gotta make quick work and be the reason his team wins , right now he isnt

Maybe we should have traded for Selanne. Then we'd have twice as much Finnish!

they are just putting simple shots on net

they REALLY gotta make quick work and be the reason his team wins , right now he isnt

what really pisses me off about the team is when things get tough and the pressure is on and you can see their style of play isn't working, they say they need to stick to their game plan. I mean seriously if something is working why keep trying it. It really gets me angry and it's what has screwed us over time and time in the playoffs

We need players that are actually built for playoffs. When you look at the sedins they are great for the regular season but when it comes to playoffs all you need is for the other team to have great defense and they are shutdown. If we were to go against philly I can just imagine how how much punishment sedins would take. When you have your top paid players disappearing in playoffs it is very hard to score.

Canucks get shots on net.

First game 26 ok

Second game 48 great

4 goals on 74 shots

what really pisses me off about the team is when things get tough and the pressure is on and you can see their style of play isn't working, they say they need to stick to their game plan. I mean seriously if something is working why keep trying it. It really gets me angry and it's what has screwed us over time and time in the playoffs

All swede, no finish.

Others above have referred to "disappearing players" - we all know who they are. The mere fact that we consider Burr our most clutch player with loads of heart, says more about the team than it does about Burr. Honestly, he wouldnt stand out with most teams. When the playoffs arrive, we have many players who can't step it up that extra notch ... And it's not just the europeans - its almost like being Swedish is contagious, and Bieksa caught a very bad case.

Until this team is retooled with gritty Canadian boys, we just need to enjoy our Pres Trophy - it's like the SC for teams who dont like the pace of the playoffs.

Some interesting stats since lockout (speaks to parity in league):

Last 4 Cup winning teams had increased 'goals per game' in playoffs.

5/6 Cup winning teams had decreased 'goals against per game' in playoffs.

All Cup winning teams have had at least 8 players with increased 'points per game' in playoffs.

Basically, it means:

Teams win the Cup by scoring more goals than they did in regular season. It's accomplished by 8 or more players activating beastmode offensively. Scoring 1 or 2 goals per game does NOT = Cup.