The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

jaskaran.heer

Kesler and Burrows are a proven duo and should be given a chance to play together, put Higgins on that line with them. First line can be Booth, Hank and Lapierre. Maybe put Raymond with Pahlson and Hansen (Pahlson and Hansen are great with whoever their other winger is), and then Manny, Kassian and Weise (Bitz in Game 4).

David Booth - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows

Mason Raymond - Ryan Kesler - Jannik Hansen

Chris Higgins - Samuel Pahlsson - Maxim Lapierre

Andrew Ebbet - Manny Malhotra - Zack Kassian

Alex Edler - Kevin Bieksa

Dan Hamhuis - Sami Salo

Keith Ballard - Aaron Rome

I don't think Tanev is quite ready to be an NHL level defensemen, he has potential but he could still use some more experience.

Booth and Kesler are too similar to play well together. No matter how well each of them plays individually they don't get results because they do not have chemistry. This is mostly because they're both shooters with no playmaker.

I think they have both been among our best players thus far but it doesn't generate anything because you can't have sustained pressure and cycling without passing. Sure they can both protect the puck really well along the boards (which has impressed me the most about Booth in the playoffs) but they can't cycle down low. They can both take the puck wide and even cut to the middle but if they don't score right there on the rush its basically a dead play for them.

Either Kesler or Booth needs to play on the first with Hank and Burr and I agree with the OP that it should be Booth, because obviously Kesler is a centre, but also because his presence makes the second line a threat whereas Booth's can't.

Not sure why Booth plays RW he sucks at passing with his backhand.

I like the idea of Booth with Sedin and Burrows as he gives them a power element. Kassian can do the same for keslers line.

BOOTH-SEDIN-BURROWS

HIGGINS-KESLER-KASSIAN

RAYMOND-PAHLSSON-HANSEN

MALHOTRA-LAPIERRE-WEISE

Archived