The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver @ Los Angeles | Gm 3 Rd 1 | Cbc

gragnanifan1

Hope Schneids starts and if he is incredible...keep him in until he loses. Ride the hot goalie.

Lu has been great but unfortunately its all bout the W. Schneids is used to playing on the road, shouldnt be a problem.

Hopefully the team scores enough goals and picks their play up defensively.

To win this game and come back in the series, it's simple: The Canucks' best players need to be better. The two players I'm looking at specifically are Ryan Kesler and Alex Edler. Kesler needs to find his best game and be a force at both ends of the rink. I honestly believe Hank is playing just about as good as he can play without his brother. He's holding on to the puck well along the boards and making plays, and he's been the team's best forward at actually carrying the puck into the zone and then slowing the play down. Kesler's line, though, could be much better and Kesler himself has another gear that he needs to find. Also, Edler needs to get his head out of his butt and be the playoff warrior we know he is. This is a player that can change the Canucks' fortunes in multiple ways. He needs to be physical and lay the body out consistently, he needs to be smart and make simple plays in his own end, and he can help ignite the powerplay by being more effective at the point.

Without Daniel, I just don't think the team can reach their offensive peak, which means they have to play a more patient defensive game to match the Kings. The good news is they can play that game if the players I singled out find their games.

Trying to stay positive here. GO CANUCKS GO!!

If I'm being honest: I want to see Kassian log some serious ice-time and bully the crap out of LA while creating some chances offensively, I want Henrik to get over missing his brother and stop being such a beta male (prove you're not just a regular season player), I want Schneider to start and create some new energy, and I want someone to bitch slap Edler to get him going. Oh and get Bitz back in there ASAP.

Archived