The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Home And Family Takes Some Of The Blame

Canouver

Just curious if anyone thinks being home with family can distract a player. Will being on the road help them focus and get their mind back on the game. I really don't know haw many LA players are married with family but I know most Canucks players are. You think it screws with their mental game. ??

Its about as much of an excuse as the tiring from an 82 game schedule, practices and constant exercise taking its toll and the stress of being the focus of thousands if not millions of people.

Legitimate but they're paid a big fat butt load to do it and shouldn't be an excuse

I wouldn't go so far as to say it screws with your head, but I've heard of teams staying in a hotel in their home city just to stay away from distractions. I guess sometimes hanging out with your teammates and focusing only on hockey can help keep your head in the game.

Its about as much of an excuse as the tiring from an 82 game schedule, practices and constant exercise taking its toll and the stress of being the focus of thousands if not millions of people.

Legitimate but they're paid a big fat butt load to do it and shouldn't be an excuse

Let's see...........we've had the 'blame' placed on karma from the game 7 SCF riots last year.......the orca logo.......Mark Donnelly's weight loss.......oh hell, why not blame it on home and family now. You folks are trying too hard........ we lost because we were outplayed by the Kings, pure and simple.

i think sometimes home ice CAN be a disadvantage, but not because of family/friends distractions. i think sometimes the electricity/nervous energy in a home rink can really get to a team, and get them off their game. at home i feel like the canucks are riding an emotional roller coaster out there because of the jacked up pro-canuck/but very nervous crowd. meanwhile the road team can play a level-headed, calm cool collected consistent game. hopefully we can do that in LA with no distractions and just put our solid game on the ice, get our confidence back.

Let's see...........we've had the 'blame' placed on karma from the game 7 SCF riots last year.......the orca logo.......Mark Donnelly's weight loss.......oh hell, why not blame it on home and family now. You folks are trying too hard........ we lost because we were outplayed by the Kings, pure and simple.

Archived