The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carkner 'bertuzzi's' Brian Boyle - Sticking Up For Boyle Punching Karlsson Last Game

Pretty insane scene here. Game 1, Boyle got some shots in on Karlsson, the Sens best player. Obviously the Sens didn't like it and were gonna get even, but who thought it'd happen like this!

Carkner just smashes into Boyle in the corner and then starts pounding on him! Weird thing is, no Rangers player did anything for about 3 seconds, and Carkner was literally pounding Boyle with punches while Boyle lay defenseless on the ice just getting pounded. Check out 5:35 of the video and get the main part of it all. Then, Dubinsky rushes in an nails the crap out of Carkner who is just knocking out Boyle and gets him off of him. .....Dubinksy then moments later gets ejected from the game for sticking up for a defenseless player.....wtf is wrong with the NHL and officiating, today showed how much of a mockery it is truly.

Yea Carkner did the right thing to stick up for Karlsson, but man did he take it to a bad extent and go over the top - I liked what he did by sticking up, but for doing that and just punching Boyle on the ground, he's a douche. On the other hand, Dubinsky gets tossed for helping out when no one did anything for about 3 seconds? Total nonsense! Dubinsky did the right thing and therefore gets kicked out? If he never helped out and Carkner kept on pounding on Boyle, Boyle could've possibly got concussed! All in all, it was cool Carkner gave a message, the way he did it was horrible, and for Dubinsky doing what he did was just awesome, but for him getting tossed was blasphemy. Here's a quote of some youtuber that gave in what he thought, and I agree with it totally.

Great to know sticking up for your teammate who's in a defenseless position getting pummeled gets you a game misconduct. Boyle didn't even drop his gloves! Seriously, this league is becoming a Peeping joke. Pathetic.

I watched it live and had the same thought as you: Dubinsky protects his teammate who does not intend to fight. How would that be the third man in? As I mentioned in other thread, what concerned me the most in this year's playoffs is that players have almost zero respect to other players. From Weber to Carkner and from Carkner to Hagelin and Burns, players are more interested in injuring star players or getting their own revenge rather than playing hockey.

It probably deserves a suspension. Maybe it would have been better to just fight him straight up like Bertuzzi.

But you know what? Boyle should have seen it coming. This is hockey, you can't beat up on a star player like that. I wish someone would have sent a message to Marchand last year. Yeah it was over the top and pretty dirty but I can understand that he was standing up for a teammate.

Although this is never good, I feel that Carkner just returned the favor to Boyle...If Boyle was willing to punch their star player out of nowhere then he has to accept that a team with Kenopka, Neil and Carkner will return the favor. Interesting to see if John Scott makes an appearance.

I know its wrong what Carkner did i still wish someone did that to Keith. The NHL dropped the ball again with the Weber non suspension where its ok to target the other teams stars. Its clear you cant let the NHL handle the discipline anymore and now the players are taking it into their own hands what a crazy saturday night for hockey.

And yea, it's funny...this seems like it was harsh, but if that was a Canuck doing it to Marchand or Keith, it would of been a whole different story - I wouldn't have minded it one bit.

Cool to see something like this happen as a 'neutral' viewer/not going for either team and getting to analyze. You understand why it was done, but then see how far it was taken - I'm sure Sens fans loved it and Rangers fans are in disgust...would be real interesting if this happened with Marchand or Keith lol

I hope they bring up John Scott. Adjust to Ottawa's game and it will start to get easier.

Carkner deserves to be suspended but Boyle deserves every single punch he got. Bet he does not feel like a tough guy now.

Rangers started this by roughing up stars on Ottawa and forgot that they do not have the toughest team. Maybe turning it into this kind of game against an 8th seed first round opponent was a bad idea.

(I am also heavily biased.)

I don't think we wou

And yea, it's funny...this seems like it was harsh, but if that was a Canuck doing it to Marchand or Keith, it would of been a whole different story - I wouldn't have minded it one bit.

Cool to see something like this happen as a 'neutral' viewer/not going for either team and getting to analyze. You understand why it was done, but then see how far it was taken - I'm sure Sens fans loved it and Rangers fans are in disgust...would be real interesting if this happened with Marchand or Keith lol

Guest The Brown Burrows

Honestly, I loved seeing Carkner beat Boyle. That being said, I believe Carkner should get 5 games (Weber should have gotten 4).

This is what the league needs (Shanahan ain't doing his job the way he was in September/October).

It's ok cuz carkner asked and he declined, so it wasn't like a sucker punch. Boyle is known to fight on a regular basis so I don't buy it that he was completely defenseless. Good on carkner for getting his money's worth. Secondly if the Canucks had someone like this the Sedins might actually get some respect once in a while.

Archived