The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carkner 'bertuzzi's' Brian Boyle - Sticking Up For Boyle Punching Karlsson Last Game

It's ok cuz carkner asked and he declined, so it wasn't like a sucker punch. Boyle is known to fight on a regular basis so I don't buy it that he was completely defenseless. Good on carkner for getting his money's worth. Secondly if the Canucks had someone like this the Sedins might actually get some respect once in a while.

I love how the ref/linesman just stands there with his hand up as Boyle is inches and seconds away from being paralyzed for life.

This league is a joke for the way in which it polices dirty hits, not only like these but for what Boyle did to Karlsson last game, and as a result anger builds up and players feel like they have to take things into their own hands which should never be the case or someone's career could be over.

Shanahan and Bettman are getting embarassed big time by scrums like these which should never erupt if they policed the game properly.

I watched it live and had the same thought as you: Dubinsky protects his teammate who does not intend to fight. How would that be the third man in? As I mentioned in other thread, what concerned me the most in this year's playoffs is that players have almost zero respect to other players. From Weber to Carkner and from Carkner to Hagelin and Burns, players are more interested in injuring star players or getting their own revenge rather than playing hockey.

Carkner did the right thing. Boyle is a douche.

For those that don't understand the honor in the game, listen up. Boyle roughs up Karlsson in game one - total bs move if u ask me. Then when he is asked to answer for his cowardly act, he stands there with his hands by his side, presumably trying to ensure a pp. Defenseless? Not even close. Best thing the league could do is NOT suspend or fine Carkner, because the thing that really needs to be dealt with here is the Boyle / Karlsson incident, not the game two fight. Boyle got what he had coming, case is closed IMO.

So...

Ask a opposing player for a fight and opposing player declines. Check

Punch opposing player in the face bare fist while he still has his gloves on. Check

Pin him down on the ice and punch him 5 more times because clearly a player who has fought in the NHL before is not in a defenseless position when he is pinned down on the ice. Check

Good on him?

:picard:

Remember this? Matt Bradley fights a lot too so obviously he is never defenseless by your theory. Bradley also actually accepts this fight just never gets set so he certainly was expecting it. And Carcillo forgets to follow it up with 5 extra punches when Bradley is down. Yet, Carcillo was suspended. But somehow Carkner didn't go way over the line?

Perfect. Standing tall totally gets it.

Yup, the NHL refuses to give 20 game suspensions to detour obvious headshots. And frankly this bullying is one step down from that. You're probably from the younger generation that was raised to fink on your bully. I'm from the generation that was taught to take care of you're problem. Carkner solved the problem. I get it, you love the rangers, but Boyle wasn't innocent. And if he has the nerve to refuse what is the deterrent from going after stars???. Carkner did the right thing for his team, the right thing in hockey and has the right playoff mentality. I know it wouldn't fly in the Starbucks or mcdonalds that u work in, but the world is bigger than Vancouver & things are done alot different in the majority of the world.

PS: if Chicago woulda responded to Daniel this way instead of headshoting him....his face might hurt abit, but he woulda missed 1 or 2 games at the most.

I love how the ref/linesman just stands there with his hand up as Boyle is inches and seconds away from being paralyzed for life.

This league is a joke for the way in which it polices dirty hits, not only like these but for what Boyle did to Karlsson last game, and as a result anger builds up and players feel like they have to take things into their own hands which should never be the case or someone's career could be over.

Shanahan and Bettman are getting embarassed big time by scrums like these which should never erupt if they policed the game properly.

I agree with you on the not getting jumped part, I disagree with calling Dubinsky 3rd man in.

It wasn't a fight, Boyle never dropped the gloves. He got sucker punched and dropped. I don't think Dubinsky should've gotten ejected for sticking up for his team mate under these circumstances. If they had both dropped the gloves and Dubinsky jumped in, then I would agree with the call.

Dubs was 3rd, the math is easy. Boyle roughs up a star rookie (total mismatch) and then won't answer the bell when he gets called on it ... Not cool.

Ask yourself why the linesman didn't stop Carkner ... Could it be that EVERYONE watching understands

that Boyle was simply getting what he had coming? Everyone except you, that is.

Archived