The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carkner 'bertuzzi's' Brian Boyle - Sticking Up For Boyle Punching Karlsson Last Game

You see, I do understand and no where in my statement did I say he didn't deserve it. I think hockey is getting pussified, and it really shouldn't be.

But the 3rd man rule is for a fight, a fight requires 2 people. Last night Boyle decided he wasn't going to fight, and he turtled, thus I don't think Dubinsky should have been kicked out.

I'm not arguing Boyle was in the right, I think he got what he deserved. I'm arguing that Dubinsky didn't deserve to be kicked out of the game. Two totally different things there bud.

If the league suspends Carkner, they are only fixing their orginal mistake: letting Karlsson get punched repeatedly.

If the league protects its players in the first place, the enforcers don't have to go after the opponent and implement their own justice.

The league needs to instill fear into the players so you don't have players running around elbowing and punching each other in the head, absolutely classless and disrespectful.

Actually it doesn't require a fight

46.16 Third Man In - A game misconduct penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, shall be imposed on any player who is the first to intervene (third man in) in an altercation already in progress except when a match penalty is being imposed in the original altercation. This penalty is in addition to any other penalties incurred in the same incident.

This rule also applies to subsequent players who elect to intervene in the same or other altercations during the same stoppage of play.

Generally, this rule is applied when a fight occurs.

Not really, two guys shoving and facewashing each other is an altercation, two guys jousting with sticks is an altercation, referee descretion on whether to throw the player out, thats why it is rarely called. I think the ref tossed a guy from each hoping to settle things down and that was the easiest rule to apply.

I still disagree with the call, to me those are scrums and nobody ever gets tossed in those. Those happen every single game with nobody getting thrown out. But if it was actually a fight and a third guy jumped in, I'd have no problem with it.

In the playoffs you don't just start making calls that never get called, the consequences are too great. Look at Game 1 on the LA series, Kes gets called for snow showering? That happens every game with a warning, but they decide to call it in the playoffs? crap reffing.

Kida like Boyle did to Karlsson? Quit trying to sell Boyle as a defensless victim cause no one is buying. Boyle is the schoolyard bully who beat up the smallest kid in the playground then chickened out when the kids big brother came looking for him, he was given every opportunity to defend himself, instead he took the Sean Avery route, start something, then run away when it comes back on you.

Thank you. Everyone is trying to compare this incident to the bertuzzi incident and it's not even close. He deserved it, he was going after smaller skill players on the senators and thought he was a tough guy and got put into his place. Some people are acting like Carkner was throwing haymakers to boyles head on the ice or something. I wish someone would to the same to Keith, he went out of his way to attempt to sucker punch another player and take his head off. Keith deserves the same treatment but the Canucks won't do anything about it. Even if we do end up playing the Blackhawks in a series keith will not be threatened and will go untouched.

Archived