The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There Is No Shame In Losing To La

D.Doughty

LA is a great team. They are not a prototypical 8th seed team.

LA lost 1-0 8 times this season

LA lost 2-1 9times this season

If they were able to score a few more goals, they would easily be a 100+ point team, good for a top seed in the West.

They have Kopitar, one of the most unselfish players in the league. Under Sutter's system, he was only able to produce 70+ points. In a more free environment, he can easily be a 90+ point player.

They struggled out of the gate with the Doughty cloud hanging over their heads.

In conclusion, I want to say that if the Canucks lose, there should be no shame. LA is an elite team and is well deserving of a shot of the cup.

Well we're competitive. There's shame in losing to anyone. LA is a good team, at the beginning of the year, they were expected to be a contender. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to beat them though.

And it's not just that we're losing, it's the way we're losing. If you go out and play your best, but were truly defeated by a better opponent, well there's no shame in that. But right now that's not the case. Right now we're beating ourselves. I hate to use this quote, but we're not exposing them for what they really are.

If we do lose, are we gonna sit around and be happy and pretend it's OK that we lost, just because LA is a good team? That may work for Team Belarus after losing to Team Canada, but t wouldn't work for us. Like I said fans, players, and coaches alike are competitive. No matter how good they are, this is a team we are (still!) capable of defeating.

I kept question myself why can't Nucks compete the way Flyers did against Pens. There's just absolutely no sense of urgency and well to win from Nucks the past couple games. Sure, there's no shame to lose to the Kings, but they should definitely be ashamed for not trying their best.

Archived