The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There Is No Shame In Losing To La

D.Doughty

I kept question myself why can't Nucks compete the way Flyers did against Pens. There's just absolutely no sense of urgency and well to win from Nucks the past couple games. Sure, there's no shame to lose to the Kings, but they should definitely be ashamed for not trying their best.

orly.jpg

Tell that to the Sharks of '08-'09, who won the Presidents' Trophy, but got booted in the 1st round by the Ducks.

That above all else is why we (ironically) label that team as "chokers". The Canucks must not get cornered the same way, no matter what it takes.

I kept question myself why can't Nucks compete the way Flyers did against Pens. There's just absolutely no sense of urgency and well to win from Nucks the past couple games. Sure, there's no shame to lose to the Kings, but they should definitely be ashamed for not trying their best.

The Canucks have a great will to win, its just right now Quick is playing amazing goal. Every Canuck is hitting and finishing checks, even Henrik. They are standing up for one another, and they are battling hard in all cases. The Canucks are not beating themselves the Kings are beating the Canucks. I'm hoping that they put Schnieder in net and Lappy on the first because he will go hard to the net which Raymond isn't very good at doing.

Guest BuckFoston

LA is a great team. They are not a prototypical 8th seed team.

LA lost 1-0 8 times this season

LA lost 2-1 9times this season

LA is a great team. They are not a prototypical 8th seed team.

LA lost 1-0 8 times this season

LA lost 2-1 9times this season

If they were able to score a few more goals, they would easily be a 100+ point team, good for a top seed in the West.

Don't think about that.

But what I can't understand is Darryl sutter.

Anyone that gives Matt Stajan a 4.5 million dollar contract with a ntc should never be allowed near hockey.

But he has done a decent job in la I guess sadly.

His plan wasto ruin Calgary,then come to la.

I honestly think whoever wins this LA-Canuck series wins the Cup.

If the Canucks come back from 2-0 down, they'll have proven they can face adversity and respond appropriately but more importantly, can adjust to a great team's system in the Kings and overcome a hot goalie.

If the Kings win, they'll have beaten the President's Trophy winners easily, playing in one of the toughest buildings with great success and their offence is finally coming together now. Plus, they were 2nd in the NHL with hits and have huge bodies up front across all 4 lines which is what it takes to win the Cup, along with a great shutdown D-pairing and a hot goalie. The only reason they lose is if Quick gets fatigued (which will happen in a long series, he played too much during the regular season) or their offence faces a stifling team defence like St. Louis', Boston's or even Nashville's.

The Canucks have a great will to win, its just right now Quick is playing amazing goal. Every Canuck is hitting and finishing checks, even Henrik. They are standing up for one another, and they are battling hard in all cases. The Canucks are not beating themselves the Kings are beating the Canucks. I'm hoping that they put Schnieder in net and Lappy on the first because he will go hard to the net which Raymond isn't very good at doing.

People, it's not time to keel over and die and congratulate the Kings.

It IS in fact shameful to lose by taking dumb penalties and giving up shorthanded goals.

That stuff should never happen, especially in the playoffs, especially for a team at this calibre.

It IS in fact time to man up and play some hockey.

I guess your just another fan with low expectation. I will call this a failure of a season if we lose to L.A. Nuff said. Some teams have expecatations. For example if your an Oiler or Flames fan, you be satisfied and happy if the team made it to the playoffs, and lost in round 1 But no, for us, is failure.

No shame? What a stupid comment. The Canucks are proclaimed as favorites. In fact they may be the most arrogant team in the league. MG proved that he is also stubborn, impulsive and irrational when trading Hodgson for two duds. AV is " REAL confident in this group." I have never seen a coach mess up the lines like he does. Absolutely no consistency. Is this team a fast pace, aggressive, offensive minded team or a defense first, sit back and wait team? Their identity has been compromised. With the players brought in and the system. The players are floundering and confused.

Solution after the Canucks are horribly embarrassed by an 8th seed. Fire every coach. Consider firing MG if he doesn't own up to his absolute miscalculations. Sturm, Torres, Hodgson, Samuelson, Booth. If I were the owner I would demand luongo be sent packing. Force a trade by signing Schneider long term. I would also fire the complete mess, sound mixer @ Rogers arena. Worst music ever.

Archived