The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There Is No Shame In Losing To La

D.Doughty

LA is a great team. They are not a prototypical 8th seed team.

LA lost 1-0 8 times this season

LA lost 2-1 9times this season

If they were able to score a few more goals, they would easily be a 100+ point team, good for a top seed in the West.

They have Kopitar, one of the most unselfish players in the league. Under Sutter's system, he was only able to produce 70+ points. In a more free environment, he can easily be a 90+ point player.

They struggled out of the gate with the Doughty cloud hanging over their heads.

In conclusion, I want to say that if the Canucks lose, there should be no shame. LA is an elite team and is well deserving of a shot of the cup.

They have showed zero signs of any pushback thus far. Blind faith is delusional. The chemistry on this team has been tweaked too much. We needed more scoters, more aggressive players WITH skill. All year their has been troubling signs with this team. I was seriously hoping some of the issues could be fixed with a a trade or two, instead we gave away Hodgson for a TBD kind of player. We needed to add not subtract. It is shocking a player like Raymond is still on this team? How is this possible? A complete joke of a player! Why the carte Blanche with him??

I trust that's NOT what you would be saying in the dressing room if you were coach tonight.

Quite honestly, I see why you have started the thread. However I don't think anyone on the Canucks side should be even contemplating losing...........to anyone.

And if the worst was to befall us, no amount of cries for control and reason will stop the crapstorm that will hit these boards, the media, BC hockey in general.............so I'm afraid you will be wasting your time.

All we need now is to get them back here, thank God for the chance and square them away into history, like a bad dream.

If the Kings win, they'll have beaten the President's Trophy winners easily, playing in one of the toughest buildings with great success and their offence is finally coming together now. Plus, they were 2nd in the NHL with hits and have huge bodies up front across all 4 lines which is what it takes to win the Cup, along with a great shutdown D-pairing and a hot goalie.

This is crap. We are the president cup winners, not the "I got lucky and made the playoffs team".it needs to get fixed and it's up to the coaches to get our team on track. Ffs the guys wanna win they have tools now they need some results otherwise its golf season.

dont mean to be rude here, but way to stay positive. You say that there is no shame in losing to LA, but it there is a big shame going from a team that beat the blackhawks last year, and going to the finals to struggling against a team in which we can beat 5 on 5. We stay 5 on 5 we can win. Tonights game will define this team and this series. I still believe we will pull through but we can not afford anymore special teams or mistakes. Lets play smart hockey, lets start crashing the net and get at least 1-2 bodies in front of the net.

orly.jpg

Tell that to the Sharks of '08-'09, who won the Presidents' Trophy, but got booted in the 1st round by the Ducks.

That above all else is why we (ironically) label that team as "chokers". The Canucks must not get cornered the same way, no matter what it takes.

there is shame... we made it to game 7 of the final and lost - and the GM bet on the same core group to do the same... in fact, we have the same core group PLUS some huge additions like booth and higgins... theres no reason that the difference between last year and this year means that LA destroys us.

vancouver is the only team against the ropes that hasn't stepped it up... i mean, 2 goals per game is enough to win what, the boston series? and thats it? 1 out of 8 series we have scored enough to win.... brutal

Anyone can beat anyone but lets be serious it'd still be a massive upset, Daniel or not.. The canucks are supposed to be challenging for a cup this year, waiting all year for the playoffs. To bow out in the first round is a massive failure no if's and's or but's. We lose and i expect some pretty significant changes cause this core is not going to get it done, all talk and no show.

LA is a great team. They are not a prototypical 8th seed team.

LA lost 1-0 8 times this season

LA lost 2-1 9times this season

If they were able to score a few more goals, they would easily be a 100+ point team, good for a top seed in the West.

They have Kopitar, one of the most unselfish players in the league. Under Sutter's system, he was only able to produce 70+ points. In a more free environment, he can easily be a 90+ point player.

They struggled out of the gate with the Doughty cloud hanging over their heads.

In conclusion, I want to say that if the Canucks lose, there should be no shame. LA is an elite team and is well deserving of a shot of the cup.

For a team that positioned themselves to compete for the cup and set that as a goal at the beginning of the year, yea sorry but there is a lot of shame in getting booted in the first round.

In order to lose this series the Canucks have to play below their potential, when they are playing their best they are an elite team and should win on most occasions, if the Canucks fail to bring their 'A' game for the most important games of the year, yes they should be ashamed.

Archived