The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Use Your 'brainpower' And 'willpower' While Watching Game 3

Franz Liszt

Hi.

Something that I've been studying lately: PSYCHOKINESIS

I think brain power has a little to do with how something you really have passion for and love, like our Canucks. If you think hard and hope quietly, but deep and intense in thought in hope that the Canucks will win. So if there are people who are nervous and skeptical about winning, they won't do well. So we all have to watch the game and stare at the screen hoping for virtually every good thing to happen. 2 on 1's, goaltending, the powerplay, etc.,

My point is: When I, myself am deep in thought while watch the game, I've felt that better things happen to them. They are 11-0-1 since the 2009-10 season when I go to games. I sit there quietly with an intense look on my face, and only cheer when I have to. They also seem to typically lose games I completely miss due to school or work for some reason, so I am not typically thinking about the game like I am while watching it.

DURING LAST YEAR'S FINALS: Instances where this worked for me.

Game 1: Had game muted for first two periods, because I was with a family friend who had cancer (God, rest her soul), then her and her husband left with about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd period. I turned the sound on again, and kept saying to myself, "Win in for her, win it for her". (I won't name names), then the Torres goal happened.

Game 2: I had friends coming over, and they were on their way during the 1st period and arrived during the 1st intermission. Then during the 2nd period, one of my friends starts going through my liquor cabinet, starts making drinks, and I'm like "No!" I lost my train of thought about the game, where Boston scored 2 in that period.

Game 3: I knew the game was on, but I was working at the dealership I was at, didn't know what was going on so I wasn't thinking about the game. Get home to a 5-0 Boston lead in the 3rd period. Gave up that day.

Game 4: Missed game completely.

Game 5: I was at work, but my bosses had all left already, so I had the radio on, but other workers were also there, so I couldn't just stop, but I could hear the game, I was trying to think about the game, but I couldn't clearly do so. I get off work duing the 2nd intermission, rush home and begin my psychokinesis. 1-0 win.

Game 6: Same answer as game 4.

Game 7: This one was tricky. I was already 5 beers deep by the start of the game, and 9 deep by the 10 minute mark of the second period where Marchand scored the wraparound. So I tried to start my technique, but I woke up on my bathroom floor at about 10:35 that night. With an incredibly aching head, I find out that we lost 4-0.

Could that all be coincidence though? I really don't think so, but it seems to work for me.

So tomorrow, I want you guys to think hard and do the same technique,, and all together we might help the outcome through brainpower and willpower. If you are watching the game with friends or family, its okay to talk to them during the game, but not as much during play, between whistles and commercials is completely fine. I want to see how they do, then on the PGT, tell us if you tried this technique.

Just try it tomorrow.

Go Canucks Go!

well i know I'll be sitting at home yelling at the TV as loud as i can even though the canucks clearly can't hear my screams, just like the canucks can't hear your thoughts/brainpower (except salo, maybe) but hey, even though its completely insane that shouldn't stop you

do what you gotta do.

Archived