Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 vote(s)

Is Anyone Being Hated For Their Love Of The Canucks?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#1 k_man08

k_man08

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Question:
Is there anyone on this board that has been completely pestered by their friends/family/co-workers for following the Canucks.

I swear, for the last few weeks, all anyone has told me is that Canucks will choke/lose and it is really starting to get me down. I would always defend the Canucks (still do), but after game 1 and 2, the intensity of the chirping has gone up.

I live in Ontario and I run into all sorts of loud mouth mofos. I'm 100% certain they're jealous and want to bring me down because my team actually made it into the playoffs. People still call the team dirty, cheap etc etc, and it really sucks becuase when we're getting beat down, there is no media support, but when we start to chirp/fight back, all of a sudden we're dirty.

I know our players are professional but when they see that they are being thrown under the bus in the media and all across Canada, it has to be getting to them. So a few of my friends that follow the Canucks have decided to start this movement. Our plan is to try and rally all the Canucks fans to visit TSN/Sportsnet board post game and give a 'thumbs down' to all posts that are negative about the Canucks.

As well, the plan is to call into any and all radio stations and defend the boys because after every loss/win, the team will be chirped and I think us fans need to stand up and say we're proud of our team win or lose..

So the plan is to start today.. win or lose, invade TSN/Sportsnet canucks news boards and give all Canucks haters a big thumbs down and then to call into the Hockey radio stations and defend our team.

We would love all the help we can get. Would you be willing to help out with this cause?

-Hardcore Canucka

#2 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

I get it all the time. A bunch of my friends are Wings, Flames, Leafs, and Sharks fans and they heckle me lots. I live in Ottawa, so I get it from random people pretty often when I'm wearing my jersey. It's usually not the Sens fans, but the Leafs and Habs fans. But I'm used to it, and I love the hate. It's all good fun :)
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#3 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

I get it from a bunch of my friends, some of which just don't like the Canucks to piss Canuck fans off. They have picked it up after the past 2 games, so I am hoping the Canucks just win the series and shut them up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

I am. Being in T.O, people always call me a bandwagoner and always sarcastically Luu at me. Even my own family has turned on me LOL.
If the canucks can finally finish it off this year, I can shut them up for good...fracking leafers >.>
And dw OP I'll help you out.

Edited by one-x, 15 April 2012 - 10:47 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 Crazy'nucksFan

Crazy'nucksFan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

I guess I don't get much hate because I am not in downtown Toronto. Here there are tons of Canucks fan.

#6 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

I'm hated cause I like Luongo
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#7 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Same here.
Posted Image Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 canucksgyal

canucksgyal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

I get it from my own family. My mom, uncle and cousins - huge Kings fan. My dad, though right now is rooting for Van, is a huge Leafs fan. He hates the Kings so thats prolly the only reason he rooting for Canucks right now. Before game 1, I was told we were going to get sweep. After game 1, everyone called Canucks babies, whiners, divers. Also said Van isnt an elite team-weak division-the usual hating done. Its really sad. I REALLY want the canucks to win the series. It would be a dream come true if they can take 4 in a row. I would love to shut my family up :) Haters gonna hate :)

#9 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

I live in toronto. You should see the text messages I get!

#10 Chicken Souvlaki

Chicken Souvlaki

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

I can honestly say that in one case in particular, my friends hatred for the canucks has hindered our friendship. He's a great guy, until you mention the canucks and he becomes ignorant, unreasonable and seems to value "canucks hating" over our friendship.

#11 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

I get it all the time. A bunch of my friends are Wings, Flames, Leafs, and Sharks fans and they heckle me lots. I live in Ottawa, so I get it from random people pretty often when I'm wearing my jersey. It's usually not the Sens fans, but the Leafs and Habs fans. But I'm used to it, and I love the hate. It's all good fun :)

I'm in Ottawa too!

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#12 NotoriousJatt

NotoriousJatt

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Aha, I do here in Calgary but its more of friendly hate not violence and all that, they usually say what happened to the canucks? This is what I say, whose in the playoffs, from there on they say whose got a cup, then it just keeps going but I usually win.

#13 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hell I get hated on all the time and I live in Vancouver.

Most people in Vancouver aren't from here, or BC, or Canada even.

#14 CaliNuckfan

CaliNuckfan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

I live in LA. You do the math.

#15 k_man08

k_man08

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Okay.. well i'd love it if you guys could help our cause out.
The goal really is to invade these media outlets and stand up for your team.
Spread the word and lets get 'er done. I'm tired of being bullied to death during playoffs.

-Hardcore Canucka

#16 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Being in Vancouver, no. But when the Canucks lost all the bandwagoners starts going at me.
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#17 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

imagine how it feels to be him.

#18 k_man08

k_man08

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Being in Vancouver, no. But when the Canucks lost all the bandwagoners starts going at me.

all the more reason to join us :) and spread the word. I would like nothing more than for this to eventually turn into a very loud crowd at the Rogers Center that cheers their lungs out every game during the playoffs to just let the NHL know we're passionate and we believe in the team.

-Hardcore Canucka

#19 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Me too.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

I love the cry baby tears and the Canucks have let me down so many times speaches..

then they say I can't be a fan anymore...they just let me down too many times... :sadno:

these dudes never put a pair of skates on in their lives
and just bandwagon who ever wins the cup...

:picard:

#21 Nuckswillwinitall

Nuckswillwinitall

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

I do, but I work in LA

#22 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

wow, you guys gotta learn how to pick your freinds.
you cant pick your family, but you can pick your freinds.
and if your family is an abusive relationship....

i know other people that like other teams. some of them are freinds. none of the ones i call freinds "hate" things i am passionate about.

#23 Tiek

Tiek

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Haters gonna Hate

Definitely! Most of my co-wokers in my organization are Habs & Laffs fans. Go figure!...But even though they both had miserable a season, still still chuck Sh#t for my support of the Canucks.

Being a die-hard, life-long Canucks fan, I have gone through all the bad years, endured the many uniform changes, the lean years, witnessed the '94 & '11 Riots, all the highs & lows and I'm not ever gonna let some Haters comments deter me from always supporting & Beleiving in the Vancouver Canucks.

Be Proud!

Canucks   Fear The Whale 1

Attached Files

Tiek

Canucks Meme
Uploaded 22 Apr 2012 - 22:11

#24 k_man08

k_man08

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

wow, you guys gotta learn how to pick your freinds.
you cant pick your family, but you can pick your freinds.
and if your family is an abusive relationship....

i know other people that like other teams. some of them are freinds. none of the ones i call freinds "hate" things i am passionate about.

Agreed. But. Hatred for Canucks really started last year when lets face it.. some of our players were diving around to get attention from the refs because we were being manhandled.

Us fans understand that when nothing was being called, the players acted a certain way to get attention. However to other NHL fans this looks cheap.

In addition, I dunno about others, but I was able to get many NHL fans on the canucks bandwagon but then they got schooled in the last round (duno if schooled is the right word but they were definitely taken down hard). And those ppl have now jumped on other team's bandwagon and have started to chirp me.

It is hard to make friends with a Canucks fan around where i live.

-Hardcore Canucka

#25 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Let me get this straight... Leafs, Oilers and Flames fans are pestering and ridiculing Canuck fans while those same Leafs, Oilers and Flames fans saw their teams sit at the bottom of the standings yet again while the Canucks have won 2 straight Presidents Trophies?? And you don't just laugh in their faces because why exactly??

#26 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

No I made sure that if anyone says that kind of crap to me, I'll get really upset at them. People who are close to you should know better.

#27 SuchChange

SuchChange

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

If anyone somehow upsets you for your love of the canucks, watch this.

#28 k_man08

k_man08

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Let me get this straight... Leafs, Oilers and Flames fans are pestering and ridiculing Canuck fans while those same Leafs, Oilers and Flames fans saw their teams sit at the bottom of the standings yet again while the Canucks have won 2 straight Presidents Trophies?? And you don't just laugh in their faces because why exactly??

problem is.. fans that cheer for american teams look to down the Canadian teams as it is..
But because the Canucks fans always put down the other canadian teams, now its like the two have teamed up against the Canucks.

Laughing at these ppl only makes the backlash worse. Atleast that's how i've seen it

-Hardcore Canucka

#29 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Its just going to be all the more sweeter when we win the series bud , just remember that
Posted Image

#30 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

problem is.. fans that cheer for american teams look to down the Canadian teams as it is..
But because the Canucks fans always put down the other canadian teams, now its like the two have teamed up against the Canucks.

Laughing at these ppl only makes the backlash worse. Atleast that's how i've seen it

Sorry, but you really do need to learn to laugh at them. they deserve to be laughed at. (and you may want to remind them that the goal of a team is to win the most hockey games, not to play the most golf games, which the Leafs appear to be highly successful at...)

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.