The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Anyone Being Hated For Their Love Of The Canucks?

k_man08

Question:

Is there anyone on this board that has been completely pestered by their friends/family/co-workers for following the Canucks.

I swear, for the last few weeks, all anyone has told me is that Canucks will choke/lose and it is really starting to get me down. I would always defend the Canucks (still do), but after game 1 and 2, the intensity of the chirping has gone up.

I live in Ontario and I run into all sorts of loud mouth mofos. I'm 100% certain they're jealous and want to bring me down because my team actually made it into the playoffs. People still call the team dirty, cheap etc etc, and it really sucks becuase when we're getting beat down, there is no media support, but when we start to chirp/fight back, all of a sudden we're dirty.

I know our players are professional but when they see that they are being thrown under the bus in the media and all across Canada, it has to be getting to them. So a few of my friends that follow the Canucks have decided to start this movement. Our plan is to try and rally all the Canucks fans to visit TSN/Sportsnet board post game and give a 'thumbs down' to all posts that are negative about the Canucks.

As well, the plan is to call into any and all radio stations and defend the boys because after every loss/win, the team will be chirped and I think us fans need to stand up and say we're proud of our team win or lose..

So the plan is to start today.. win or lose, invade TSN/Sportsnet canucks news boards and give all Canucks haters a big thumbs down and then to call into the Hockey radio stations and defend our team.

We would love all the help we can get. Would you be willing to help out with this cause?

I get it all the time. A bunch of my friends are Wings, Flames, Leafs, and Sharks fans and they heckle me lots. I live in Ottawa, so I get it from random people pretty often when I'm wearing my jersey. It's usually not the Sens fans, but the Leafs and Habs fans. But I'm used to it, and I love the hate. It's all good fun :)

I am. Being in T.O, people always call me a bandwagoner and always sarcastically Luu at me. Even my own family has turned on me LOL.

If the canucks can finally finish it off this year, I can shut them up for good...fracking leafers >.>

And dw OP I'll help you out.

I get it from my own family. My mom, uncle and cousins - huge Kings fan. My dad, though right now is rooting for Van, is a huge Leafs fan. He hates the Kings so thats prolly the only reason he rooting for Canucks right now. Before game 1, I was told we were going to get sweep. After game 1, everyone called Canucks babies, whiners, divers. Also said Van isnt an elite team-weak division-the usual hating done. Its really sad. I REALLY want the canucks to win the series. It would be a dream come true if they can take 4 in a row. I would love to shut my family up :) Haters gonna hate :)

I get it all the time. A bunch of my friends are Wings, Flames, Leafs, and Sharks fans and they heckle me lots. I live in Ottawa, so I get it from random people pretty often when I'm wearing my jersey. It's usually not the Sens fans, but the Leafs and Habs fans. But I'm used to it, and I love the hate. It's all good fun :)

Okay.. well i'd love it if you guys could help our cause out.

The goal really is to invade these media outlets and stand up for your team.

Spread the word and lets get 'er done. I'm tired of being bullied to death during playoffs.

I love the cry baby tears and the Canucks have let me down so many times speaches..

then they say I can't be a fan anymore...they just let me down too many times... :sadno:

these dudes never put a pair of skates on in their lives

and just bandwagon who ever wins the cup...

:picard:

Archived