The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Ocean

canucks82

First off, I think the Vancouver Canucks fans are some of the greatest Hockey fans in North America. I've been following/loving/hating/crying/cheering on the Canucks since the late 80's.

I have this idea, I'm sure I'm NOT the only one:

I would love to see every fan in Rogers Arena to be sporting a Canucks Blue T-shirt, kind of a similar Idea to what they do in PHX, NSH, PIT during the playoffs.

Can you imagine 18,000 + fans wearing all the same blue? It would become 'The Ocean'

-Continuing our tradition of the twirling towel would look like white caps spitting off the rolling ocean waves (Very familiar sight for us coastal dwellers)

-The fan favorite 'wave' would have a whole new connotation.

-There would be a new sense of coherency / unity amongst fans, creating a culture / excitement.

-There would be a intimidation factor for visiting teams as well.

The shirts could be sold at Rogers Arena at a recommended donation price, say $10. All the proceeds would go towards the 'Canucks for Kids Foundation'.

The shirts could read "This is what we live for" or something of the sort.

Obviously not everyone would have / want to buy one. Lots of people I'm sure would wear their Home Jerseys / Blue Shirts, etc.

I do understand that there has been many identities / colours incorporated with the Canucks - that in itself represents a culture and diversity this city is known for internationally.

I just think it would be pretty cool to see the 'Ocean'

Sorry if this is already a topic deep in the bowels of CDC. I couldn't find it.

CANUCKS WILL COME HOME FOR GAME 5! GO CANUCKS GO! :towel::canucks::towel:

absolutely not. Wearing all the same color is childish IMO. I love the fact that this team has so many different jersey color schemes in their history. I would waaay more prefer that than one silly color. You can wear what you want. If yoiu want to wear a blue shirt go for it, but you'll never get me to take off my black flying skate Linden jersey at games. never never never.

absolutely not. Wearing all the same color is childish IMO. I love the fact that this team has so many different jersey color schemes in their history. I would waaay more prefer that than one silly color. You can wear what you want. If yoiu want to wear a blue shirt go for it, but you'll never get me to take off my black flying skate Linden jersey at games. never never never.

this is ROGERS ARENA we are talking about , if you want to create an ocean you dont give out shirts... YOU WOULD HAVE TO GIVE OUT BLUE SUITS AND TIES .. rogers arena is way to corporate

And I disagree with you when it comes to Canuck fans, majority of fans SUCK... we boo are own team... we hate are elite goaltender, we want the best coach we ever had fired...

most fans only cheer if the canucks are winning

if the games tied or the canucks are down the building has no energy

the crowd has not been a factor in neither playoff game so far. Home ice advantage is a non factor for the canucks it might even be a disadvantage

this is ROGERS ARENA we are talking about , if you want to create an ocean you dont give out shirts... YOU WOULD HAVE TO GIVE OUT BLUE SUITS AND TIES .. rogers arena is way to corporate

And I disagree with you when it comes to Canuck fans, majority of fans SUCK... we boo are own team... we hate are elite goaltender, we want the best coach we ever had fired...

most fans only cheer if the canucks are winning

if the games tied or the canucks are down the building has no energy

the crowd has not been a factor in neither playoff game so far. Home ice advantage is a non factor for the canucks it might even be a disadvantage

Some fan unity would be nice. The games Ive been to Canucks fans have been dicks to each other there is no team mentality. Just people thinking 'Im at a canucks game and going to chirp other fans for being loud or trying to get into the game'. Canucks fans are pretty bad, a lot more showing up now that the playoffs are on weird...

And to further intimidate the LA players we all need to scream ocean threats to them ,,as LOUD as we can

" I WILL FLOW INTO YOUR WEAKEND LUNGS AND THEN I WILL FLING YOUR BROKEN BODY UP ONTO SOME REALLY POINTY ROCKS"

or

"I WILL NURTURE CARNIVOROUS FISH AND WHEN YOUR FAMILY AND THEIR MISGUIDED HEARTS SWIM IN ME ...I WLL CURRENT THEM RIGHT AT YOU ALL"

or

"I PROMISE TO GET EXTRA SALTY SO YOUR TRAITOROUS EYES BURN QUITE A BIT WHEN YOU SWIM IN ME"

yours in true hatred'

the ocean.

And to further intimidate the LA players we all need to scream ocean threats to them ,,as LOUD as we can

" I WILL FLOW INTO YOUR WEAKEND LUNGS AND THEN I WILL FLING YOUR BROKEN BODY UP ONTO SOME REALLY POINTY ROCKS"

or

"I WILL NURTURE CARNIVOROUS FISH AND WHEN YOUR FAMILY AND THEIR MISGUIDED HEARTS SWIM IN ME ...I WLL CURRENT THEM RIGHT AT YOU ALL"

or

"I PROMISE TO GET EXTRA SALTY SO YOUR TRAITOROUS EYES BURN QUITE A BIT WHEN YOU SWIM IN ME"

yours in true hatred'

the ocean.

Archived