The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider Starts Game 3

Burrows_Breath

Goaltending is about consistancy and putting up the numbers ! Coaches and managers use stats to build their teams. Goalies need to put up consistant numbers,,,as do scorers...and defencemen need to be on the plus side. Shut down players need to do just that. Its about balance in a team.

How well Schneider does as a starter is anyones guess..how he handles the grind and pressure .But one thing is a for sure..he has the fundamentals down pat, plays by the book and trusts in this and his ability. He plays by the numbers....its what everyone does.

Hopefully tonight he will help the Canucks win but I'm betting he'll compete at the highest level and not beat himself.

This should shake the team up.

They like Lu and should feel like they have let him down. He did all he could, but the guys in front of him hung him out to dry. This better kick start the rest of the squad.

Plus, Schneider will see this as his big chance to shine, and stake his claim as #1. He will bring his A game.

Maybe He is,

I think Cory is in a very Tough Situation though !

He has been thrown into a must win situation !

Most goalies if they were to lose,You hear them state,they were rusty from not playing,need to work the bugs out etc -Not Cory,He mans up and takes responsibilty for his play,right or wrong

Hopefully He plays a great game,as well as the Canucks and Pull out the win

Roberto said it best the other day " Its not about who plays Goal, Its about the Team"

This should shake the team up.

They like Lu and should feel like they have let him down. He did all he could, but the guys in front of him hung him out to dry. This better kick start the rest of the squad.

Plus, Schneider will see this as his big chance to shine, and stake his claim as #1. He will bring his A game.

What i fear will happen tonight, is We as a team will show up, and win convincingly. Not because of the addition of Schneider to our starting line up, but because they realize that they can't go down 3-0 and it's about time they show up. However the media and many fans will take it as a sign that luongo has lost his starter job, and the team plays better with Schneider etc, when really the team hasn't played a game this series so far.

What i fear will happen tonight, is We as a team will show up, and win convincingly. Not because of the addition of Schneider to our starting line up, but because they realize that they can't go down 3-0 and it's about time they show up. However the media and many fans will take it as a sign that luongo has lost his starter job, and the team plays better with Schneider etc, when really the team hasn't played a game this series so far.

What an enlightening post. Pure speculation, nothing more.

When did you become a goalie analyst and expert in the position? Vancouver seems to have an abundance of goalie analysts. Amazingly, none of them have never studied the position, nor have played it.

Thankfully the organization is wise enough not to listen to the likes of bandwagon fans. Win or lose, Luongo will be back in for game four.

first things first. i really like Cory. I think he is great goalie and deserving of the start.

However. I must point out that Lou did not deserve to be pulled. Lou was not to blaim for the loss in the first 2 games. The team would not play well in front of him. The team has also played a bit better in front of Cory for the most part. So this move is a good one. It gives us the best chance to win. But this has nothing to do with how Lou performed in the first 2 games. It has everything to do with the performance of the rest of the team.

If they fail to show up yet again. They deserve to loose. I love my team. but when they are determined to play at a level which has no hope of winning then they deserve what they get. Here is hoping that pissing away the first 2 games with B grade efforts has woken up the sleeping Canucks.

this is must win territory tonight. Game 4 is not much better. going home anything less then tied is bad news. going down 3-0. Forget it!!!

Archived