The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider Starts Game 3

Burrows_Breath

Lol I think its ridiculous how so many people are saying things like "poor coaching decision" "unclassy move by AV" "disgusting decision"

First of all, being a coach isn't about class. Its about winning.

Second, if he left Luongo in net and we lost again (down 3-0 in series) it would have been off with his head.

It's better to start Schneider in game 3 as opposed to game 4. If we still end up losing tonight (IF!) then we revert back to a rested Luongo, and the fate of this years run rests on our franchise goalie. Seems like a logical decision to me.

Not a bad move. This isn't about Luongo's play, or his feelings. It's about sparking the team. Luongo can start Game 4. Obviously Vigneault is going for the same effect as last year, where Schneider started Game 6 and the team responded with a great effort. I have just as much confidence in Schneider as I do with Luongo. This is the power of having a goalie tandem.

Luongo is a good teammate and while I'm sure he'll be disappointed, knowing the way him and Schneider support each other I think he'll be willing to put his feelings aside and the team first.

I don't get it... when Lu imploded in other years, they refused to switch.

Now that Luongo is one of the few guys that isn't a problem, he's out and Schneider is in? Don't get me wrong, I love Schneider, but that just doesn't make sense to me... :huh:

Archived