The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider Starts Game 3

Burrows_Breath

Good luck Cory! Lou's been playing well, i will give him that. However, if the Canucks need a spark, we obviously can't switch out every player on the team. Plus Daniel's out which doesn't help our cause. Every loss hasn't been Lou's fault, it comes down to SHGs by LA and the fact that we can't seem to score on Quick.

I hope we win tonight. GO CANUCKS GO!

I'm not saying you're wrong but I just don't see the coaching staff benching Edler for Rome or Alberts. Edler has definitely made a few super costly mistakes but if he plays well his upside is exponentially more than Rome or Alberts.

I don't get it... when Lu imploded in other years, they refused to switch.

Now that Luongo is one of the few guys that isn't a problem, he's out and Schneider is in? Don't get me wrong, I love Schneider, but that just doesn't make sense to me... :huh:

I am happy that Schneider gets a chance to turn this around. Maybe now the team will respond.

Luongo wasn't the reason for the 2 losses but I sure wish he would stop doing that belly flop like on the 2nd goal. When you put yourself in that position, you have no options if your defense don't clear the loose puck or the bodies from in front.

This start for Schneider in no way should be viewed as a criticism of Luongo's play thus far. His stats aren't stellar but the team in front of him has been absolutely horrendous in front of him. He has been their best player throughout the first 2 games of this series but he can't be expected to score goals at the other end. The Canucks are doing what they did in the regular season: you lose a few games so you switch your goaltender and hope your team wakes up and realizes they are the reason this had to be done.

The Canucks need to stop putting unneccessary pressure on themselves by giving up boneheaded shorthanded goals. They were easily the better team at 5-on-5 in Game 2 but basically gave the game to the Kings with that embarassing excuse for a powerplay. I was going through game logs for Vancouver over the past year and it's amazing how many times their powerplay bailed them out with even a single goal. If Brown can figure out a way to counter the Kings' pressure on their PK, this series can be turned around in a hurry.

Archived