Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Cory Schneider Starts Game 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
204 replies to this topic

#31 Bleed_Blue1

Bleed_Blue1

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Lu wasn't the problem but we needed a change...

Do you think that the rest of the team feels bad? I mean, Lu's been our hero in this series so far........

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. ~Vincent Van Gogh

Posted Image

#32 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Lu wasn't the problem but we needed a change...

lu cant score goals. were fracked tonight with schneider in net. quote me. the change needs to come for the forward lines. not goalies..disgusted wth this coaching decision.
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#33 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Schneids to save AV's butt,and Newell Brown's and who knows whom else's.

#34 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Who knows maybe this sparks the team, altho a team needing a spark now from this has serious question marks in that locker room imo. The one thing i do like about this move is that Luongo and the team as a whole is so predictable and it was starting to show. The richards goal in game 1 and the 3rd goal in game 2... The kings know every single tendency of Luongo. We'll see what happens tonight.

#35 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Firing 40 shots from the perimeter will do that for you....

i dont know if you noticed the goal that was scored from the corner just above the goal line on lou.

#36 canucks411

canucks411

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Luongo has a 0.891 save % in playoffs, good for 16/17 out of all goaltenders. How has he been great?

behing bryzgalov and fluery? hmm i doubt it
Posted Image
Thanks Ballard_4 for the sig!

#37 Van_City123

Van_City123

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Go schnieds!!!!!

negufo.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig!

#38 Burrows_Breath

Burrows_Breath

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

lu cant score goals. were fracked tonight with schneider in net. quote me. the change needs to come for the forward lines. not goalies..disgusted wth this coaching decision.

Time will tell but we seriously needed a change..Sure Lu wasn't the problem and played great but something needed to be done..

Maybe Schneider will spark the team and they will play harder..Who knows but I think this is a good move.

#39 Luuuuuup

Luuuuuup

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

For whatever reason, the team often plays better in front of Schneider. I think it's worth a try to change the momentum.

#40 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Let's hope the team can come together for him

#41 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Lol I think its ridiculous how so many people are saying things like "poor coaching decision" "unclassy move by AV" "disgusting decision"

First of all, being a coach isn't about class. Its about winning.
Second, if he left Luongo in net and we lost again (down 3-0 in series) it would have been off with his head.

It's better to start Schneider in game 3 as opposed to game 4. If we still end up losing tonight (IF!) then we revert back to a rested Luongo, and the fate of this years run rests on our franchise goalie. Seems like a logical decision to me.

#42 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

what happen if we win? go back to Luongo???????????? it not fair that he couldnt win because the rest of the team fail

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#43 CaptainJack

CaptainJack

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Firing 40 shots from the perimeter will do that for you....

This. We've made Quick look better than he is. He really hasn't had to make any outstanding saves. Personally, I take the stats on both goaltenders with a grain of salt.

#44 PowerAids

PowerAids

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

i dont know if you noticed the goal that was scored from the corner just above the goal line on lou.

Yea, I was just speaking about Quicks save % not Lu's.... just saying we're not making it that tough on him.

#45 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

It's funny because for another team, this would never happen. Imagine Bryzgalov playing well, but the team is playing poorly. Would they suddenly make the switch for their backup?

Posted Image

#46 BleedBlueAndGreen

BleedBlueAndGreen

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

It's all about igniting a spark. this is not a discussion of which goalie is better or if the team plays better in front of either, it's all about changing it up because SOMETHING is clearly not working.

14o6bli.jpg
Credit to -VintageCanuck for the sig

#47 puck1919

puck1919

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

you need a goalie with playoff experience!. I would stick with Luongo. This could be a horrible move.

#48 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

It's funny because for another team, this would never happen. Imagine Bryzgalov playing well, but the team is playing poorly. Would they suddenly make the switch for their backup?

Yeah but compare Philly's backup to Schneider....I think that pretty such sums it up.

#49 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

every Luongo hater celebrating right now.......

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#50 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Not a bad move. This isn't about Luongo's play, or his feelings. It's about sparking the team. Luongo can start Game 4. Obviously Vigneault is going for the same effect as last year, where Schneider started Game 6 and the team responded with a great effort. I have just as much confidence in Schneider as I do with Luongo. This is the power of having a goalie tandem.

Luongo is a good teammate and while I'm sure he'll be disappointed, knowing the way him and Schneider support each other I think he'll be willing to put his feelings aside and the team first.

Edited by etsen3, 15 April 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#51 Burrows_Breath

Burrows_Breath

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

what happen if we win? go back to Luongo???????????? it not fair that he couldnt win because the rest of the team fail

If we win with Schneider, they are going to ride him for sure..If he loses, they probably go back to Luongo in Game 4.

#52 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Luongo has a 0.891 save % in playoffs, good for 16/17 out of all goaltenders. How has he been great?

Well it's actually good for 14/16 of the goaltenders in the playoffs according to the NHL.com website stats (Link: http://www.nhl.com/i...rcentageLeaders), (Edit: I forgot yesterday Halak was injured and Elliot did come in to finish the game, so yes there is 17 goalies now who have played in the Stanley Cup, but NHL hasn't even added Elliot to the stats yet not even his name.). It's not the greatest, but if Luongo had Defence and didn't watch players cough the puck up, or allow odd man chances when they are on the PP, it wouldn't look that bad, and yes if you had watched the games, if it wasn't for Lu this team would of been blown out in both games.

Cause if you watched the games you would see that he really did play well. You have to keep in mind that D hasnt been helping him... so he can only do so much.

Yeah feel bad for Lu cause hes been doing well but I hope that Schenider starting will change the way the rest of the team has been playing.

Your dead on it's the D and players in front of Lu who have caused most of the goals scored and even more, but Lu kept them out. I feel bad for Lu because he's the only player who has showed up for both games in this series.

Were are fortunate to have a solid backup like Cory, if we had Alex Auld still, or Jason Labarbera, or Curtis Sanford still Luongo would be playing game 3 hands down. Cory has proven he can play in big games all season this year and which gives us the chance to use him as a backup and not be worried. The team needs a shake up and hopefully this move does it.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 15 April 2012 - 02:10 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#53 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Anyone who can't see that Luongo was at least a small part of the problem is game 2 is a homer. I will give you he wasn't the main reason they lost...but in game 2 he also did not do enough to help the team win.

The team left him out to dry, like schneids said!

#54 canucks411

canucks411

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

who gives sh&t if its fair or not. As long as the Canucks win I'm sure most people could probably not care less. If both Sedins had to miss the rest of the games for Van to win the cup, I would do it in a heart beat.
Posted Image
Thanks Ballard_4 for the sig!

#55 YSSUP

YSSUP

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

i feel bad for luongo but we needed to change the line up so it could pump up our guys

#56 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

The circumstances of the games. You can give up a lot of shots but few good scoring chances, and have a goalie look amazing. Thats not the case here, we've given up absolutely awesome scoring chances to the kings, so many the scores should be doubled against us, but Luongo made quite a number of tremendous saves, the team just kept giving the Kings great chances...

look at the shorthanded goal, it was a phenomenal save to stop kopitar, and then nobody was taking the next man trailing and they scored on the rebound...

#57 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

I think they'll go back to Luongo. It's not that Luongo is playing badly, AV wants to spark the team and once the fire gets lit he'll go back to Luongo.

#58 Alex Edler 23

Alex Edler 23

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

you need a goalie with playoff experience!. I would stick with Luongo. This could be a horrible move.

Schneider did play in the playoffs last year, he had a start in round 1 game 6 against the hawks, but got injured in the third.
Sig too big.

#59 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Yea, I was just speaking about Quicks save % not Lu's.... just saying we're not making it that tough on him.

not hackin on ya. just sayin, if the shots we are taking from the perimiter are not supposed to go in. then all the defence of lou is a little overstated.
the teams that are winning are getting 60+ min of amazing goaltending. not just moments of greatness.

#60 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,819 posts

I don't get it... when Lu imploded in other years, they refused to switch.

Now that Luongo is one of the few guys that isn't a problem, he's out and Schneider is in? Don't get me wrong, I love Schneider, but that just doesn't make sense to me... :huh:

It's pretty simple really. This season was another step ahead for Schneider's development as an NHL goaltender. He got the start in Boston and in Chicago, then was rotated with Louie once the 'Nucks had at least 2nd wrapped up.

The whole idea was to have him prepared for just this type of scenario.

Hope we'll get a W, but this makes no sense. If it's true: desperate move bij AV (shows he lacks the tactical knowledge maybe). And Roberto deserves better with his recent performances in min...unclassy move!

It makes a ton of sense. You shouldn't accuse an NHL coach of "lacking tactical knowledge" when you clearly do so yourself.

Luongo didn't play poorly in Vancouver, but the team in front of him did. This move is designed to change the momentum for the entire team, not just between the pipes. Schneids has shown that he can handle the pressure and he has been statistically superior to Luongo down the stretch.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.