The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider Starts Game 3

Burrows_Breath

I love this decision. As terrific as Luongo has been, the team plays better in front of Schneider. Luongo has stood on his head (except Brown's goal) but the team just wasn't playing inspired play off hockey in front of him. Starting Schneider is a wake up call to the Canucks. Hockey is a team sport and the TEAM plays better in front of Schneider.

If you ask me the team seems to score more when schnieder is in net ,maybe that is the reason for the change. Schnieder also plays very well on the road he is composed and they need to shake things up. The team also seems to protect much better in front of the young goalie, his control of rebounds and puck handling skills are above that of loungo's. Sure loungo makes big saves and flashes the glove that's all fine, but having control is much more of a advantage.

I feel bad for Schneider. This is the Canucks most important game all year long, a definite must-win and probably the 3rd most important game played by this team in the last 2 seasons considering the fact that if LA wins we're in the impossible 3-0 hole. Hopefully Schneider isn't too rusty to go.

while I don't think Luongo has been the cause of the flop by the Canucks, he hasn't been the goalie many here are portraying him to be. He's made some good saves, for sure, but he's also let in a few stinkers, and his poor save % is pretty telling. He could have easily stolen both those games if he was as stellar as many here are making him out to be.........Quick, on the other hand, has been stellar, and his stats back that up.

Luongo, again, has been outplayed by the goalie at the the other end of the rink.

If Schneids steals one tonight, that could well be the end of Luongo in vancouver

luongo has played well can't blame him on the both loss, but he hasn't made those key saves when the team really needed. So this is a good decision to put schneider in and spark the team somewhat. Definitely not blaming luongo for the losses as the team has been so bad, but he still has to outplay the other goalie no matter what and has not done so. Let's hope this change can give the canucks the spark they need.

PS: Whatever you do schneids, please don't control the puck when your out of your crease. Remember what happened last year...

As someone who isn't a fan luongo, I even question this decision. He definately wasn't the problem in games 1 and 2, I would only fault him for "taking a nap" as my father put it on one goal in game two. Game one we tried to be the Bruins in the wrong round and game two the tem fell apart.

That being said, the team plays different in front of Scneids, so maybe this is what we need tonight.

I dont agree with this move at all...I think Lu and Jansen have been the only guys on this team to show up.What I dont understand is how come no one bitchs about where is Henrik or Kesler.This team sucks against top goalies, their offence goes awol i.e. last years finals vs thomas.This move is a totally worthless move.If the powerplay and the captain don't show up along side Kesler this team is done.Goaltending was not the issue.If this was Naslund era he would be thrown to peices on this forum.In the playoffs you need a captain who can lead by example i.e. Dustin Brown.The teams who have a Captain who stands up end up playing for the cup.

why do people get so defensive when there is a goalie change. Give it a break its to shake the team up and put another element into the mix we all know that the team plays and protects well in front of cory so why not use him. Cory has played very well this year he deserves a shot so stop feeling sorry for loungo. Remember its a team game, win as a team lose as a team.

why do people get so defensive when there is a goalie change. Give it a break its to shake the team up and put another element into the mix we all know that the team plays and protects well in front of cory so why not use him. Cory has played very well this year he deserves a shot so stop feeling sorry for loungo. Remember its a team game, win as a team lose as a team.

Archived