The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider Starts Game 3

Burrows_Breath

Lou hasn't been the problem so far, but he hasn't been the answer either. .891 is just not going to get it done, and every team that makes a deep run in the playoffs will have an off game and rely on their goaltender to bail them out. I think Schneider is going to do just that for us tonight.

well haven't you notice that the team seems to score more when schneider is in net IMO I have notice this all year, and goals are what we need so again why not mix it up take LA off their game. Its clearly not loungo's fault but maybe by switching it will make the team see how they let him down in the two games.

Disagree using this method - the Kings are on to it.

It's the reason our PP has sucked in this series.

In the last game, just about every time we dumped it in - the Kings got it out and we wound up with no shot.

When we carried it in (the few times) , at least we got a shot.

Schnieder also plays very well on the road he is composed and they need to shake things up. The team also seems to protect much better in front of the young goalie, his control of rebounds and puck handling skills are above that of loungo's.

Im just saying this is Schneiders first start this playoff and I see posts saying basically "we will lose this is a horrible decision etc" I can't say that before game 1 of the series I saw anyone posting the same about Luongo, and if there were then yes they are blind Schneider homers and just as stupid....however I didn't see a single post like that before game 1 or 2.

Stats are a measurement of performance....Schneider is not perfect( ie stick handling) but his stats are FAR superior to Lous. the team plays better in front of Schneids because he makes it easier...directing shots to corners, finding and covering loose pucks and staying cool. Predictability makes things easier !! The quiet confidence rubs off on the team...while Lou looks like a deer in headlights !

Lou gave up 3 weak goals at critical times and we lost our chance to win. Had he stopped that weak one in game one things might have been different...a weak attempt on breakaway in game 2 and the the last two stinkers sunk us in game 2.

Its hard to believe that Lou fans don;t see it for what it is !!

So we are losing the series because of this reason....right!!! our offence has be great henrik and kesler have shown up.Higgins has been red hot.Do you fans watch the games or just like to say stupid things because our media in Vancouver has bunch of idiots working in it.

you claim how cory gets caught out of net. News flash it happens to every goalie not just cory. when you have been watching this team since 1982 and have seen the ups and downs come talk to me when you have real hockey knowledge.

Archived