The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Pgt) 1-0 Kings Win

GM PLACE ROCKS

The sad thing is it's not like we're getting mauled. These 3 games have been quite winnable. Sadly the offence is M.I.A.

The goaltending has been good. Just no offence to go with it. Kesler you get $5m, Booth you get $4m. Can we get something in return for that please?

All the people blaming the Canucks' lack of offense, Alex Edler for some mistakes, or ANYONE ELSE in the Canucks' organization is ignoring the fact that Jonathan Quick is the best goalie in the Western Conference and made 41 saves tonight. The Canucks' offense isn't anemic, it's the Kings' D and goaltending that's stellar. You may say, "but the Sharks scored 8 goals in the last two games of the season against Quick", well, the problem with that logic is the Canucks are not the Sharks. I mean, let's face it, at least we won a playoff game in 2012.

Didn't get to watch the game tonight, but I had my eye on the score all evening. Was thrilled when we were in the third period with a 0-0, figured that meant we were playing a really solid D game and Schneider was being a rock star in net, and it was only a matter of time before we put in 1 goal and got ourselves a win. Really disappointed that it went the other way.

Oh well. I'm still planning to watch the game on Wednesday, cheer like crazy for the Canucks. It's make or break time, either we watch them start to climb out of this hole with a W, or we see them off to the golf courses with dignity. The way fans should.

It's still been a hell of a season, with more seasons to come.

Well im depressed but here are some useless observations:

-Shooting 25ish shots directly into a goalies chest doesnt create rebounds or chances as well as pads a goalies stats.

-Shooting the remaining shots low where Quick is one of the best doesnt score goals.

-Refusing to go high and aim at corners leads to the above points.

-Henrik needs to shoot the puck. He is trying to hard to create with no one on his line to create something for. Burr and Hansen are 3rd liners at best with Burr maybe being a 2nd liner on another team. He had 1 SOG in game 3. No Daniel means Hank should start shooting.

-2nd line is not producing but is performing solid.

-Edler has playoff performance issues.

-Schneider was good but that rebound was not.

-Neither was no one watching the backside. Someone should of been there (that wasnt falling over.)

-Too much individual play. Watch as players skate around. Instead of crashing the net the forwards are standing and watching the play. Makes defence for LA real easy.

-Stretch passes do not win games and create turnovers or dumb penalties now too.

-Speed skating does not win games.

-Hodgson for Kassian was bad.

-"Shutdown" C and toughness at the trade deadline didnt help. The team needed a true top 6 shooter or playmaker.

-AV has no motivation and can not motivate his team.

-Browns hit was legal. The fact that it was late, blindside, and seemed to have intent was not. At least deserving a charging minor.

There are my useless observations of the series. LA has outplayed VAN. Simple math. Sure LA was anemic for most of the year, they are scoring when needed now. LA went and got Carter and the team has taken off. They are a fantastic team and are outplaying VAN.

Hope for the best and that a comeback is possible but our backs are against the wall. No more overconfident bull. This team needs to lay it all out. If they show nothing in game 4 again then they simply deserve to get swept.

All the people blaming the Canucks' lack of offense, Alex Edler for some mistakes, or ANYONE ELSE in the Canucks' organization is ignoring the fact that Jonathan Quick is the best goalie in the Western Conference and made 41 saves tonight. The Canucks' offense isn't anemic, it's the Kings' D and goaltending that's stellar. You may say, "but the Sharks scored 8 goals in the last two games of the season against Quick", well, the problem with that logic is the Canucks are not the Sharks. I mean, let's face it, at least we won a playoff game in 2012.

I had a feeling this team wasn't going to get as far as they had the season prior.

Kesler was having an off year. It's arguable he's a one season wonder. The twins were having an off year. It's arguable that they left their prime as soon as they entered it. And a result of this, the PP is lesser than that of last season, the goal production as a whole is lesser than that of last season. 5 on 5 play has taken a significant dip statistically speaking, face offs as well have dipped. Luongo was playing lesser than that of last season, solid nonetheless, but still an inferior season.

Quite frankly I'm not surprised we were going to go down at one point, but in the first round and in this manner? COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Edler has facepalm written all over his playoff performance.

Cory gave us a pretty good chance to win tonight and Malhotra goes and does one of those weak clearing attempts only to have the puck end up in our net. Creating chances is great, but finishing them it the most important thing. No finish means no goals, no goals mean no win and no win means elimination.

This has got to be the worst Canucks debacle in team history.

Even our meltdowns against Chicago weren't this bad

I said it before and I'll say it again:

The Canucks are not just losing hockey games, they're losing fans. Never again will we believe in this team. They can go 82-0 in the regular season and they won't have a supporter in me. They've lost believers IMO.

9-13 the scoring chances in this one, in LA's favour. 8-11 at even strength and 4-10 with the score tied at 5-on-5. A lot of the Canucks' game, generating rebounds, creating chances off of blocked shots and the like. Jonathan Quick, as he has all series, kept those rebounds away, and the Kings' defence just cleared those rebounds away with unimpressive efficiency, creating little in the way of scoring chances for Vancouver.

Canucks need to relax. Too much desperation and lack of confidence in their game. need to play more like they used to, slow it down a bit boys, and you can score. Schneider and Hamhuis our best players tonight.

Hey all. I'm a Flames fan, but I didn't come here to beak. I thought you might appreciate a unbaised view of what I saw while watching the game with my roommate and close friend, who happens to be a die hard Canuck fan.

The hit on Sedin, although questionable, was not dirty. You can't really compare it to the Rome hit in any other way other than the fact that it could be argued as being a late hit. Otherwise, it was not a hit to the head, Brown never left his feet, no actual contact to the head ever occured, and Sedin - although shaken up - did not seem to be injured on the play. He came back 6 minutes later and seemed his normal brotherless self after he returned. With the Rome hit, it was a hit to the head, and Horton was out for the rest of the playoffs...and you could argue has never been the same since.

Both goalies played very well. Quick is incredible, his rebound control is amazing. The tough question is who do you go with now? Both goalies have played good enough to stay, yet neither has won a game. I'm guessing Luongo is back in next game.

L.A. tries harder in their defensive end. They smother you guys. There always seems to be 2 Kings on every Canuck. It was pretty impressive watching it. Even on your PP, there was no time and space for Salo to ever send a Salo Bomb in. As soon as the puck got the point, there was a guy already on him. As soon as he passed it, there was a guy on that guy...and so on.

Kesler is getting outworked, aside from last game, he has kind of been a non-factor.

L.A. is a better team than their regular season stats would lead you to believe. You guys are up against a team that legitimately has a chance to come out of the conference. Since the trades they have actually scored more than 3 goals/game on average.

Oh, and on the CoHo trade, my roommate says that he kept hearing a rumor that Cody has been asking for a trade for over a year now. AV hates playing young guys (with the exception of Schneider), so he needed another place where he could be let loose to shine, rather than smothered on the third line with a tight leash.

Anyways, like I said I didn't come to beak or pour salt in the wounds. That is just the game as I saw it from an unbiased view.

Good luck in game 4.

Statistically, a comeback has a very low percentage of occurring. Yet, it can still happen, only if the Canucks really start playing their game and not this <however we are playing now> game. Yes, I will say we had a good effort tonight, and Quick stole the show. Goaltending this series hasn't been the main issue. Luongo played well in the first game, though going 23 for 27 in game 2 didn't help him. Schneids played well tonight, solid as usual. The team is starting to pick up their game, but it may be to late. I feel, the Canucks and Canuck Nation are still feeling a little SCF Hangover from last year with all these drawing of similiarities between <insert SCC 2012> and the LA Kings. We are down 3-0 in the series, and it doesn't look good.

Yet, as cliched the saying is "it ain't over till it's over", comebacks have happened against all statistical odds, so here's hoping, believing and whatever else I can optimistically say. GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Hey all. I'm a Flames fan, but I didn't come here to beak. I thought you might appreciate a unbaised view of what I saw while watching the game with my roommate and close friend, who happens to be a die hard Canuck fan.

The hit on Sedin, although questionable, was not dirty. You can't really compare it to the Rome hit in any other way other than the fact that it could be argued as being a late hit. Otherwise, it was not a hit to the head, Brown never left his feet, no actual contact to the head ever occured, and Sedin - although shaken up - did not seem to be injured on the play. He came back 6 minutes later and seemed his normal brotherless self after he returned. With the Rome hit, it was a hit to the head, and Horton was out for the rest of the playoffs...and you could argue has never been the same since.

Both goalies played very well. Quick is incredible, his rebound control is amazing. The tough question is who do you go with now? Both goalies have played good enough to stay, yet neither has won a game. I'm guessing Luongo is back in next game.

L.A. tries harder in their defensive end. They smother you guys. There always seems to be 2 Kings on every Canuck. It was pretty impressive watching it. Even on your PP, there was no time and space for Salo to ever send a Salo Bomb in. As soon as the puck got the point, there was a guy already on him. As soon as he passed it, there was a guy on that guy...and so on.

Kesler is getting outworked, aside from last game, he has kind of been a non-factor.

L.A. is a better team than their regular season stats would lead you to believe. You guys are up against a team that legitimately has a chance to come out of the conference. Since the trades they have actually scored more than 3 goals/game on average.

Oh, and on the CoHo trade, my roommate says that he kept hearing a rumor that Cody has been asking for a trade for over a year now. AV hates playing young guys (with the exception of Schneider), so he needed another place where he could be let loose to shine, rather than smothered on the third line with a tight leash.

Anyways, like I said I didn't come to beak or pour salt in the wounds. That is just the game as I saw it from an unbiased view.

Good luck in game 4.

Archived