The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Pgt) 1-0 Kings Win

GM PLACE ROCKS

What's with all the "bring back Danny" posts? Seriously, you think one player - who went through one of the worst scoring droughts of his career just weeks ago - is going to waltz in and singlehandedly turn this series around? Oh, please. Implying that the whole team is rubbish because one person is missing just shows that this must be an otherwise weak team and weak teams deserve to be knocked out as soon as possible. Time to stop whining about it or how much you hate Keith, because there are plenty of teams who are holding down the fort without key players, just like there are others teams who have all of their stars and are still useless... (Malkin?!)

Edler needs to be benched for a game. His play has been brutal and he has cost us these three games.

If we want to win, sit Edler out. AV might not do it but his mistakes have been costing big time.

We thought he can step it up but he has proven he can't. 3 strikes already.

Might as well put Rome or MAG for game 4. No need to even try winning the series because it's clearly over.

Guest BuckFoston

Danny coming back NOW would not be any miracle cure, as he'd have to get back to game speed, but you cannot say that (without the Keith hit) having a healthy and eager Daniel heading into the playoffs with the first line intact, would not have made any difference so far. That's a huge weapon out of our arsenal. Its not just because they're twin brothers they play so well as a team....its because they've been linemates learning together for decades already! And Burrows without the second twin tries to do too much on his own. But with them he's the perfect mix of grit and quickness. And then there's the domino effect down the lines, and next you know AV is panicking again and loosing his mind and giving Raymond over 16 minutes of fumbling with the puck.

Ok I'm starting to get angry again thinking about how they wasted this chance. Like Lu, Cory gave them a chance. Even better... only allowing 1 freakin goal! You could just see it that whoever scored the first goal was going to win. AURGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Hey all. I'm a Flames fan, but I didn't come here to beak. I thought you might appreciate a unbaised view of what I saw while watching the game with my roommate and close friend, who happens to be a die hard Canuck fan.

The hit on Sedin, although questionable, was not dirty. You can't really compare it to the Rome hit in any other way other than the fact that it could be argued as being a late hit. Otherwise, it was not a hit to the head, Brown never left his feet, no actual contact to the head ever occured, and Sedin - although shaken up - did not seem to be injured on the play. He came back 6 minutes later and seemed his normal brotherless self after he returned. With the Rome hit, it was a hit to the head, and Horton was out for the rest of the playoffs...and you could argue has never been the same since.

Both goalies played very well. Quick is incredible, his rebound control is amazing. The tough question is who do you go with now? Both goalies have played good enough to stay, yet neither has won a game. I'm guessing Luongo is back in next game.

L.A. tries harder in their defensive end. They smother you guys. There always seems to be 2 Kings on every Canuck. It was pretty impressive watching it. Even on your PP, there was no time and space for Salo to ever send a Salo Bomb in. As soon as the puck got the point, there was a guy already on him. As soon as he passed it, there was a guy on that guy...and so on.

Kesler is getting outworked, aside from last game, he has kind of been a non-factor.

L.A. is a better team than their regular season stats would lead you to believe. You guys are up against a team that legitimately has a chance to come out of the conference. Since the trades they have actually scored more than 3 goals/game on average.

Oh, and on the CoHo trade, my roommate says that he kept hearing a rumor that Cody has been asking for a trade for over a year now. AV hates playing young guys (with the exception of Schneider), so he needed another place where he could be let loose to shine, rather than smothered on the third line with a tight leash.

Anyways, like I said I didn't come to beak or pour salt in the wounds. That is just the game as I saw it from an unbiased view.

Good luck in game 4.

ah. that would only be called if it was the Canucks that scored.

don't ever forget. Thanks to the riot last year. The refs have instructions to hose us whenever posslbe. The league does not want the Canucks to do well.

Which makes you wonder. Have they been instructed to throw the series? I mean. does their play look like a team interested in winning to you? We play a B grade effort at home and effectively gift wrap games 1 and 2 for the Kings. Then we play a good game right up until the 3rd period when we decide to play like we have a lead and worse, we continue to play like that after the inevitable Kings goal. Everything points to 1 of 2 possible conclusions. Either this team has zero interest in winning or they have been told to throw it.

Wow, that Quick is a real #1... I am not the least bit surprised by this as the Kings have a very talented line-up, they just needed a man like Sutter to get it out of them.

But it isn't over yet... have faith as it has happened before... One thing I give the Nucks and I noticed it last year against the Hawks, your forecheck is ferocious.

Archived