The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Pgt) 1-0 Kings Win

GM PLACE ROCKS

Where do I even start?

These guys lose a heartbreaking game 7 on home ice last year. They train all summer, using that loss as motivation. They have waited 10 MONTHS FOR THIS MOMENT.

And they throw away the series to an 8th seeded Kings team. Gotta love this useless team.

Blow it up Gillis. Bye bye Edler, Burrows, Salo, Raymond, Schneids and maybe even Kesler this offseason. This team needs a total shake up, and I have no problem with it. If Gillis doesn't make any moves this offseason, he's lost a fan in me.

Don't like to talk bad about the team but this needs to be said.

There's no focus at the task at hand. they keep getting sidetracked. They're playing worse than AHLers. they take 40+ shots but only 3 were scoring chances. no hunger to win right now. No one drove to the net hard . Everyone complains about the calls ( under stably cause the reffing blows) no one can make a play on the pp. players are trying too hard, doing things that aren't part of their role. Bad decisions are plaguing this team ( but i won't point any fingers)

I hope we come through and win the series

BUT

we need Daniel badly. The balance has been screwed up.

Lots of shots are good but useless shots from the point into the goal tenders chest are useless! Sooo frustrating! I still have not lost faith. It aint over yet! :towel:

Stop the hater talk! Just 4 wins straight against a team that keeps dominating us and we are on to the next round! Hmm, doesn't sound so good when I type it out. :bigblush::mad::blush::ph34r::canucks:

Edler certainly has stepped up his play in the playoffs... for the other team.

Really, he had his hands on EVERY firggin' Kings' win in this series. I wonder what other bag of tricks Edler has, for Wednesday's Grande Finale of historical Canucks implosion?

We have been hanging onto him during all these years for THIS? A future Norris-caliber defenceman? I LMFAO.

Ok, I'm not exactly in the mood to be defending the Canucks or anyone associated with them but you are wrong about drafting not being one of the good things Gillis has done. Gillis' drafting has been the best the Canucks have had in a long time. Because the Canucks are a deep team, you're not necessarily going to see the products of his drafting for a long time. However, the progress so far of guys like Hodgson, Sauve, Schroeder, Rodin, Connauton, Cannata, Friesen, Polasek, McNally, Jensen and Corrado has been great.

Sulking around feeling sorry for the team and us fans is not something I enjoy.

Optimism:

We'll become the 4th team to come back from a 0-3 deficit. We just have to break Quick.

I'm going to stay positive and keep believing until the Kings OFFICIALLY eliminate us; or we get rid of them in 7.

Stop being bandwagoners and bitching out the team after a loss. Single players haven't choked either. This is clearly proof that the "clutch and grab" view of defense the league has taken up is along the same lines as "parity". Trying to make bad teams appear to play better by adjusting rules and reffing only hurts good teams. Pittsburgh is outraged at how Crosby is treated on ice but the refs allow it. Detroit`s Mike Babcock has spoken out about the reffing after two bloody games! Despite Bettman spamming people's inboxes with emails saying "If you comment on the reffing there will be a fine". Rangers are making similar mention of the officiating and Canucks fans have always smelled something funny.

Now I'm not saying CDC is filled with wise souls who blame the refs constantly and are always right (because clearly it's not), but when good organizations with amazing teams are pointing fingers all in one direction, year after year, it's pretty clear what's up. The league is trying to bull its way into more ticket sales at the expense of good hockey. Tonight was more of the same we've watched for a long while now.

Archived