The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Pgt) 1-0 Kings Win

GM PLACE ROCKS

The difference between Darryl Sutter and Alain Vigneault's responses in the press conference is exactly why we're down 3-0. Sutter is all business, saying nothing is easy and the Kings will have to play better. He has never been all that complimentary towards his team even though they're up 3-0. Never satisfied. That's a winning coach. Alain Vigneault? Patting the team on the back again. Giving far too much credit to L.A. His cliched answers are weak and there is no anger or frustration shown. Just pathetic shoulder shrugging and lame answers. This is the guy that's supposed to will this team back from an all-but insurmountable deficit? Come on! First priority in the offseason, if it begins after the next game, get a new friggin coach! He doesn't have the Tortorella/Babcock/Laviolette gumption to rev this team up and get a win out of them. I don't care about last year, what have you done for me lately AV? I don't care about the regular season, the Stanley Cup is not won then, it's won in the spring. You never give credit to the other team. If you lose it's because its something you didn't do, not something the other team did. Oh well, if we lose next game, a lot of players and staff will have participated in their last game with this organization. This is on the verge of disaster of monumental proportions.

Agree. Gillis has his point but it seems like today's NHL is that players should pay no respect to other players. Weber sent a "firm" message to Zetterberg by grabbing and smashing his head into the glass. Carkner just simply attacked Boyle because Boyle "Marchanded" Karlsson in Game 1. Hagelin made sure his elbow made contact with Alfredsson's head. Elbows flew around player's head. At one point, I really think players are more interested in taking their personal revenge or injuring opponent's star players (Philly) rather than playing hockey (Mike Gillis). WHERE IS THE GOD DA*N RESPECT?

Really trying to be positive, but I also see reality. The probability of coming back after going down 3-0 are almost zero. The writings on the wall.

The similarities between this series and SCF are almost identical. The only difference is, other than Daniel, Canucks are completely healthy. Which brings me to believe this current team, as constructed, is not a playoff team that can bring the Cup. They went to game 7, so did a lot of teams, but here still is no Cup. The failure to act after your captain was blindsided was embarrassing. Again.

I want a Philly style rebuild. Sedins, Burr, Hamhuis and one of the goaltenders are the only untouchables. I want Gillis gone, I want his apology for making the most horrific trades in history since joining this team - specifically this yr and summer of 2010. He's killed the future of this team by horrid drafting and failing to integrate young players into this roster. I'm not interested in seeing this current team on the roster next year, it clearly doesn't work.

So sad cause I don't think anybody deserves a cup more than the Sedins. But their teammates have stood silent as they got cheapshotted game after game with no response. They deserve better.

It's sad to say, I never thought I'd say it. But the game has changed. I think it really changed through the SCF last year, teams took note and employed that strategy this year. Shannahan and the NHL have enabled this style of play, and it's time for the Canucks to adapt. Elliotte Friedman stated "teams, Canucks in particular, are thinking of doing the Boston style rebuild. They weren't happy with how league has handled suspensions, so they are thinking of building a team who will take care of it themselves".

I don't think, check that, I know Gillis is not the man to rebuild this team. He's done great things, but drafting and trades are not one of them. Time for Canucks owner to make some hard decisions.

Damn it. I am overwhelmed with disappointment. Hodgson gamble has clearly failed. Luongo looks tradeable. We need a game changer to play top 6. Same old predictable plays... Without Daniel, most of Henrik's no look passes are errant turnovers. Defense is unreliable other than Hamhuis and Bieksa. Fourth line is nonexistent again. What a roller coaster this has been for the core of this team.

Manny Fing Malhotra, gets paid 2.5m to be responsible defensively and cant even make a simple clear!

The team played its heart out, there were some giveaways but you can blame half of it from bad ice.

Even though we lost, i think we have the momentum, we carried the play for the most part and if it wasnt for that bad bounce, the game could still be in O.T

Now back to Malhotra, the guy contributes NOTHING to the team, ive said it all year long, were wasting a roster spot for a guy who takes faceoffs.

Were essentially playing 2 lines and a half, Malhotra and Pahlsson are the same players taking 2 roster spots.

Look who LA has on their 4th line? a rookie Nolan and King who makes less than Malhotra combined and both can play 5 on 5.

Where the F is Reinprecht? the guy was suppose to be our playoff wild card? Why not call him up, he has playoff experience?!

Malhotra centering 2 Kassian and Weise is a disaster, nowonder they get caught all the time.

I hope this opens up MG and Management's eyes that you CANNOT have a guy making 3rd line player money taking faceoffs.. especially not in a team thats suppose to contend for the Stanley Cup!

It's sad to say, I never thought I'd say it. But the game has changed. I think it really changed through the SCF last year, teams took note and employed that strategy this year. Shannahan and the NHL have enabled this style of play, and it's time for the Canucks to adapt. Elliotte Friedman stated "teams, Canucks in particular, are thinking of doing the Boston style rebuild. They weren't happy with how league has handled suspensions, so they are thinking of building a team who will take care of it themselves".

I don't think, check that, I know Gillis is not the man to rebuild this team. He's done great things, but drafting and trades are not one of them. Time for Canucks owner to make some hard decisions.

Archived