The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Do You Start In Game 4?

Easton76

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Luongo stole game 7 in Chicago, he stole the Nashville series, and he was the first goalie to ever get two 1-0 wins in the SCF. But yeah, I guess you're right. Schneider gives us a better chance of winning.

(last line was obviously sarcastic).

I'm not sure anymore! I chose Schneider. Schneider may be more consistent in this situation. Defense didn't fall apart in front of him. And I do agree that Lu wouldn't have stopped that 3-on-1. Either way, I'll be cheering for the Canucks!

In general, our game was better tonight than the last 2. Less turnovers. PP was threatening...sorta. Gotta stop shooting on the crest and get some rebounds! Funny thing, every time there was a rebound, nobody was there!

Yes, let's punish Luongo(and Schneider respectivly) because the "ALL STAR, OMG SEW CLASSY AND AWESOME" Sedins aren't scoring. And before you get defensive and say, "Well Daniel hasn't been playing!" Please take a look at the past 3 years.

2009 - Couldn't score on Khabby; both Sedins played

2010 - Couldn't score on Niemi; both Sedins played

2011: - Couldn't score on Thomas; both Sedins played

Having only one Sedin isn't the problem, the problem is that we've built our team around the Sedins to begin with.

Did You Know?

by

Paul on 06/10/11 at 11:26 PM ET

Comments (2)

Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo stopped 31 shots in posting his second shutout of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final. He previously made 36 saves in blanking the Bruins 1-0 in Game 1 of the series.

Luongo joins an elite group of goaltenders to have posted multiple shutouts in a single Stanley Cup Final (see below) and is the first since Toronto’s Frank McCool in 1945 to record a pair of shutouts by a 1-0 score.

Most Shutouts in Stanley Cup Final (since 1927)

3 - Frank McCool, Toronto 1945 7 GP vs. Detroit

Martin Brodeur, New Jersey 2003 7 GP vs. Anaheim

2 - Clint Benedict, Mtl. Maroons 1928 5 GP vs. NY Rangers

Earl Robertson, Detroit 1937 5 GP vs. NY Rangers

Johnny Mowers, Detroit 1943 4 GP vs. Boston

Harry Lumley, Detroit 1945 7 GP vs. Toronto

Terry Sawchuk, Detroit 1952 4 GP vs. Montreal

Gerry McNeil, Montreal 1953 3 GP vs. Boston

Gump Worsley, Montreal 1965 4 GP vs. Chicago

Patrick Roy, Colorado 2001 7 GP vs. New Jersey

Chris Osgood, Detroit 2008 6 GP vs. Pittsburgh

Roberto Luongo, Vancouver 2011 5 GP vs. Boston

You need to score goals to win games. You don't score goals, a brick wall with a puck-sized hole isn't winning you the cup. I don't presume who we should fire or add, but I know either goalie will give Canucks a better chance to win than LA has, any day of the week. Every game is Canucks' to lose.

Lou. Gotta start with your number one after this. Just like the third game, when Schneider starterd and it wasn't the goalies fault previously, you must play your Number One.

AV is done in this city unless he learns to lead.

He imploded in the Chicago series, dont try and argue that and yes I will give him credit for game 7, Nashville had little to no offensive power that series and you forgot to mentiion Ryan Kesler's 12 points, 2 shutouts were great but they were negated when he once again imploded in 3 games

We are screwed. It doesn't matter anymore. Schneider played very well tonight and his trade value is probably at its max already. No need to show case him anymore.

I say we play Luongo. This team sucks right now and game 4 is pretty much guarantee lost. But let him finish it.

Archived