Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Easton76

Who Do You Start In Game 4?

246 votes

1. 1. Who do you start in game 4?

• Lu
    • Schneids

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

170 posts in this topic

It really wont matter who starts unless you can build a brick wall in goal. Its over.... :angry:

schneids kept it the closest so far, the best performance gets the start.

We all know our goal tending is not the problem, it's that fact that we can not score, however I would still go with Schneids.The team has played better with him in net so far this series, they showed so much more heart and passion last night, just needed to score! It's not over until it's over and elimination games are the toughest for the other team to win.

Doesn't really matter. Schneider gave up a bad rebound, his only mistake in the game, and it ended up being the game winner. Our goalies have to play perfect for us to even have a shot, and given our offense, that might not even be good enough.

schneider...sit lu for the rest of the season..offer him the tandem next year or force him out. thank you mg.

Lu, and he should have started game 3 as well. Fire AV before practice and we might pull this out of the fire.

Too much was made of Lu in the finals last year. The issue then and the issue now is that our team can't score two goals before the start of the third period.

1.33 goals per game is a good reason to golf earlier rather than later. The two games Lu started the final score had nothing to do with him, so why on earth did Cory start the third game? The offense didn't even bother with a single goal last night. Cool. heads should be rolling out of Rogers Arena as I type this...but for whatever reason we will stick with A.V. until our superstars are past their prime. Maybe I will see a Cup Parade in Vancouver in my lifetime, but not while AV is the coach.

Lu, and he should have started game 3 as well. Fire AV before practice and we might pull this out of the fire.

In Luongo's defence, he's shown can steal games in LA, and for as much as people are gushing over Schneider's Game 3, he hardly did anything. Maybe 1 difficult save. Luongo was getting peppered with quality scoring chances and the Kings got even more flukey.

In Schneider's defence, his best performance so far has been 1 goal in compared to 3. That is, according to my math, less pucks in the net and thus a better game.

Regardless, it doesn't matter who's in net if the team can't score.

This is simple - lu is your regular starting goalie, you have to go with him and let be what is to be. Lu will be back in next that is 100 percent for certain.

It is correct that goaltending has not been our problem...but...the team plays better in front of Schneider for whatever reason and it's a must-win game...Scneider gives us the best chance to win...I vote Schneider.

Itis lkely to be Luongo's last game as a Canucks......let him go out playing, not sitting

Luongo has been great so far but never the same since losing his first series to Chicago. Sure his stats were great at many times but he always let in those weak goals.

Schiender played great last game. Schiender has grown into pretty much a goaltender that should be a starter. Schiender has had his share of blemishes but compared to Luongo's skyscraper they look like an ant hill.

I believe whoever starts tomorrow will determine his own fate if Luongo plays bad a trade including him should seriously be considered. If he plays great then by all means keep him. I'd Schiender plays bad we all know he is going to be traded but if he plays good that brings up the issue "Should Luongo be traded?"

But the problem in this series has been our offense and defense they have completely collapsed and when you dont respond to the 2 best players on your team being targeted you don't deserve anything.

"IF" the Canucks lose in 4 straight games I believe rash decisions are not the best way to go about preparing the team for next year, if you have the whole summer use it to think and make smart decisions over rash ones.

Now for a personal opinion which I'm probably gonna get trolled for you cannot keep the same team for next year. You have got to get some physicality into your team at least 2 players, maybe Chris Neil or Brenden Morrow, you have to get a legitimate top 4 d-man, and you have to get a veteran or legitimate known playoff preformer that can log top 6 minutes which ease. What I don't want is some shady crap where your try to fill the roster with diamonds in the rough, player career ressurection attempts, we don't need maybes and question marks we need proven players.

Go ahead CDC troll on

58.5% want Schneider to start ....that makes it a majority of the pollers...maybe going with a goalie who has a GAA of under 2 goals a game gives us just a bit better chance? We need every edge in game 4 ! as for hockey!? Cory had a SP of .950...including pealties etc...not Lous .891....

58.5% want Schneider to start ....that makes it a majority of the pollers...maybe going with a goalie who has a GAA of under 2 goals a game gives us just a bit better chance? We need every edge in game 4 ! as for hockey!? Cory had a SP of .950...including pealties etc...not Lous .891....

Lu simply because he is our number one and if they are supposed to win this series and go on in the playoffs you need this guy to have confidence. Nothing tells a goalie that your coach has confidence in you more than putting him back in net after he sat out the last one.

I hope AV goes with Schneids.

But I suspect that between the pressure from above and AV's own loyalty to Lu that he will get the start.

Shame. Because Cory gives us the best chance to win.

He has been the better goalie all year. It would be stupid to go with the second best at this point.

Now I'm not saying that Lu is a bad goaltender, but Cory is just better at this point. Even if Lu plays his best and "gives the team a chance to win" he might still let in one suspect goal. That's all it takes, especially for a team like LA. The third goal in the second game by Jarret Stoll were the puck kind of leaked through Lu's pads while he was down was one that smelled a little. I know the Lu supporters will say that the rest of the team had to score more than two, and that he made a lot of other great saves, but at this time of year, even a sliver of a better choice can mean everything.

Heres another angle....hockey is a business...the Canucks want another home game because , not only is it about pride, but its over a million dollars in revenue...the farther they go in the playoffs, the more the owners make...its huge money !