The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Surprise: The Fix Has Always Been In

*Buzzsaw*

So as Dustin Brown celebrates his winning goal, we have to ask to question:

Why was he even in the game?

Why was he not given a 5 minute charging major and a game suspension for his late hit deliberate attempt to injure Henrik?

The answer is simple.

The NHL will do anything it can to fix the result in favour of the big market US teams.

Southern California teams have sucked for the past few years, this is a prime market, attendance is WAY down, and Bettmann and his flunkies will do anything to get it back to the glory days of Wayne's first arrival in LA.

That's why Dustin Brown was in the game and able to score his goal.

And of course, LA had 9 PP to the Canucks 5.... big surprise. <_<

Yep, the fix is in.

So as Dustin Brown celebrates his winning goal, we have to ask to question:

Why was he even in the game?

Why was he not given a 5 minute charging major and a game suspension for his late hit deliberate attempt to injure Henrik?

The answer is simple.

The NHL will do anything it can to fix the result in favour of the big market US teams.

Southern California teams have sucked for the past few years, this is a prime market, attendance is WAY down, and Bettmann and his flunkies will do anything to get it back to the glory days of Wayne's first arrival in LA.

That's why Dustin Brown was in the game and able to score his goal.

And of course, LA had 9 PP to the Canucks 5.... big surprise. <_<

Yep, the fix is in.

As a loyal fan, it pains me to see them fishing....fishing for penalties, for goals, for time. If the best we can do is plead for delay of game penalties and the like, we've holed ourselves up in a terrible place. President's trophy does not directly translate into the Cup. I know that there are others that are as distressed as I am.

But this is what I'm getting at. It just doesn't feel right blaming the refs, or focusing on getting cheap calls when we need to focus on our gameplay. If our gameplay was good, we wouldn't need to resort to that stuff. Aren't we better than this? I just hope we can turn it around.

I wouldn't worry about that one, but calling Edler for delay of game after letting the whole period go and then not calling TWO delays of game on the Kings in the closing moments of the game was a bad one. Turn the page on the game and move on though.

Archived