The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Surprise: The Fix Has Always Been In

*Buzzsaw*

it's funny because everyone was wondering why burrows was in game 2 of SCF last year and scoring two goals and an assist after he clearly bit that bruin guy. the fix was "always in". really? if the fix was in, it would be super easy to suspend burrows in that situation, no? the reason the canucks lost this time is not the refs here, it's lackluster hockey.we were all thinking SCF. we should have been thinking about SCQF;

Wouldn't matter. ZERO goals for on the PP. Same thing that happened last year in the finals. This team has learned nothing since losing in the finals last year. Same exact ending to a series, just earlier in the playoffs. Good teams make adjustments. This is a fake good team. I don't know how they managed to finish first in the NHL. I guess it's because they play in the worst division in the league?

Even Henrik said the hit was clean.

I think it was too. Watch the replay, it wasn't late and Henrik's head wasn't targeted.

The only thing that I didn't like about the hit was that it was slightly high and could've been a charging penalty.

Guest BuckFoston

So as Dustin Brown celebrates his winning goal, we have to ask to question:

Why was he even in the game?

Why was he not given a 5 minute charging major and a game suspension for his late hit deliberate attempt to injure Henrik?

The answer is simple.

The NHL will do anything it can to fix the result in favour of the big market US teams.

Southern California teams have sucked for the past few years, this is a prime market, attendance is WAY down, and Bettmann and his flunkies will do anything to get it back to the glory days of Wayne's first arrival in LA.

That's why Dustin Brown was in the game and able to score his goal.

And of course, LA had 9 PP to the Canucks 5.... big surprise. <_<

Yep, the fix is in.

Canucks lost because they can't score. Plain and simple.

Whilst I don't agree with the 'fix' I do think Brown should have been ejected- late hit and contact with the head. I actually think it had much more malice than Bitz's hit but because Henrik get's up (how on earth do people think he's soft??) it's swept under the rug.

This is why the image of the Canucks is so tainted...whining. Constant and unending whining. Man up and play better. They take Lu out, but he was not the problem in the slightest. That move was just done so that once they lose, AV can say "Well...I put..I put Schnieder in!!!1!12"

Pure job saving move.

Good one moron, and maybe the fact the hit was at least two seconds late doesn't matter?????? :picard:

Or the fact the hit was directed at his head??????

Looks like you're as blind as the refs, or maybe you're not a canucks fan?

Bigger issue is what's the point of building a model around Detroit when you can just play like the Bruins and go for the KO (injuring blow) get suspended for a game/fined while the skilled team is losing their best players?

NHL needs to get a better discipline process since the whole thing is flawed.

So as Dustin Brown celebrates his winning goal, we have to ask to question:

Why was he even in the game?

Why was he not given a 5 minute charging major and a game suspension for his late hit deliberate attempt to injure Henrik?

The answer is simple.

The NHL will do anything it can to fix the result in favour of the big market US teams.

Southern California teams have sucked for the past few years, this is a prime market, attendance is WAY down, and Bettmann and his flunkies will do anything to get it back to the glory days of Wayne's first arrival in LA.

That's why Dustin Brown was in the game and able to score his goal.

And of course, LA had 9 PP to the Canucks 5.... big surprise. <_<

Yep, the fix is in.

Selfish fans like you need to look beyond our own self-indulgence and realize that which franchises are being favored is not the biggest issue.

The issue is the overall health of the people playing this game, and it is very much in question right now, IMO.

I would propose a lockout, but I know selfish fans like you would much prefer to witness another year of demo-derby-on-ice. How the hell anybody can endorse this garbage is beyond me, and it starts with bad hockey fans.

Archived