The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Surprise: The Fix Has Always Been In

*Buzzsaw*

Interesting how the Canucks Marketing department is both locking down topics and turning OFF the Board when the criticism mounts...cowardly is what I would call that.

Here are the facts - The Canuck Management made a huge egotistical error in trading Hodgson and they did it for the wrong reason...we are NOW enjoying the results.

We used to have THREE lines which could score and shut down Malhotra 4th line...when we traded to Hodgson for Kassian (really??!!??) we gave that advantage away.

Now we have two first lines and two 4th lines. With Sedin injured, we have now have just have one line - a 2nd line with a Center who has lost his touch - so we are easy to shut down.

It is just math folks - JUST MATH. When they traded Hodgson they unbalanced the team and took us from 3 lines to just 2. With injuries, now just ONE.

So why did they trade Hodgson? Well evidently there was some pressure from the Hodgson camp to play him more. Canuck Management responded to this by trading him in order to "teach him a lesson" (and perhaps those like him).

And what happened tonight? Sedin gets disrespected and absolutely hammered by thier Captain Brown and we NO NOT RESPOND. Kassian...? He went out there after that when Brown was on the ice...what did he do?...NADA...nothing...Thanks for coming out Kassian. Waste of a fresh uniform.

No one did...besides Bieksa but who wasn't backed up by anyone either right after the hit, or later in the play. He WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO HIT BROWN IN PLAY AFTER HE HIT SEDIN - NO one else did. Not one...Brown was out there for 15 more minutes and he was untouched...

Anyone prefer Hodgson in that #9 Jersey now?

I'm done with my season tickets, after 17 years - anyone want them? Great seats. You just need to shell out $16,978 each year for the regular season and about $600 a game for the play-offs. No? C'mon, that blue face paint looks good on you!

Bigger issue is what's the point of building a model around Detroit when you can just play like the Bruins and go for the KO (injuring blow) get suspended for a game/fined while the skilled team is losing their best players?

NHL needs to get a better discipline process since the whole thing is flawed.

I don't think it's "flawed" at all. The players have just lost the respect because of how the game has changed. It's changed to youth running the league as opposed to the older and wiser players like before. The league used to be full of Naslund, Linden, Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, etc. but now the league is full of youthfull players that have money and egos, such as Toews, Crosby, Hodgson(yes, I said it), Doughty, etc. The respect is gone because the average age has lowered.

Isn't it obvious too? Even the youth in today's society are disrespectful little s***s, now imagine the youth with that kind of attitude, but making 3-6 million dollars a year.

I honestly don't think it would. The players(who are mostly youth now) only care about money and not winning. It's part of the reason why Niemi went to an arbitrator, why Hodgson asked for a trade, and why Ehrhoff didn't sign here. And as much as I love Stamkos, it's also a big part of the reason why he stuck with Tampa Bay.

Money > Winning in todays NHL.

Interesting how the Canucks Marketing department is both locking down topics and turning OFF the Board when the criticism mounts...cowardly is what I would call that.

Here are the facts - The Canuck Management made a huge egotistical error in trading Hodgson and they did it for the wrong reason...we are NOW enjoying the results.

We used to have THREE lines which could score and shut down Malhotra 4th line...when we traded to Hodgson for Kassian (really??!!??) we gave that advantage away.

Now we have two first lines and two 4th lines. With Sedin injured, we have now have just have one line - a 2nd line with a Center who has lost his touch - so we are easy to shut down.

It is just math folks - JUST MATH. When they traded Hodgson they unbalanced the team and took us from 3 lines to just 2. With injuries, now just ONE.

So why did they trade Hodgson? Well evidently there was some pressure from the Hodgson camp to play him more. Canuck Management responded to this by trading him in order to "teach him a lesson" (and perhaps those like him).

And what happened tonight? Sedin gets disrespected and absolutely hammered by thier Captain Brown and we NO NOT RESPOND. Kassian...? He went out there after that when Brown was on the ice...what did he do?...NADA...nothing...Thanks for coming out Kassian. Waste of a fresh uniform.

No one did...besides Bieksa but who wasn't backed up by anyone either right after the hit, or later in the play. He WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO HIT BROWN IN PLAY AFTER HE HIT SEDIN - NO one else did. Not one...Brown was out there for 15 more minutes and he was untouched...

Anyone prefer Hodgson in that #9 Jersey now?

I'm done with my season tickets, after 17 years - anyone want them? Great seats. You just need to shell out $16,978 each year for the regular season and about $600 a game for the play-offs. No? C'mon, that blue face paint looks good on you!

So as Dustin Brown celebrates his winning goal, we have to ask to question:

Why was he even in the game?

Why was he not given a 5 minute charging major and a game suspension for his late hit deliberate attempt to injure Henrik?

The answer is simple.

The NHL will do anything it can to fix the result in favour of the big market US teams.

Southern California teams have sucked for the past few years, this is a prime market, attendance is WAY down, and Bettmann and his flunkies will do anything to get it back to the glory days of Wayne's first arrival in LA.

That's why Dustin Brown was in the game and able to score his goal.

And of course, LA had 9 PP to the Canucks 5.... big surprise. <_<

Yep, the fix is in.

Despite my grammatical and spelling challenges on the original post - does no one wish to argue with me? If not, you all know what I'm saying is the truth. We gave away the season with the "blockbuster" trade deadline deal. It has cost us a run...

AND in my case, a lost season ticket holder...but alas....there are many of you with blue face paint who will pick up the slack and pay these Canucks like $20,000 per year from your pocket arn't there?

Despite my grammatical and spelling challenges on the original post - does no one wish to argue with me? If not, you all know what I'm saying is the truth. We gave away the season with the "blockbuster" trade deadline deal. It has cost us a run...

AND in my case, a lost season ticket holder...but alas....there are many of you with blue face paint who will pick up the slack and pay these Canucks like $20,000 per year from your pocket arn't there?

Archived