The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault Lost Us This Game

406281dylan

MG had the core practically handed to him right off the bat. Remember when he offered Sundin that 2 year $20 million contract? What if Sundin signed that right there? The Sedins would have been gone. Huge bullet dodged there.

MG made two good moves. One was the Ehrhoff trade. The other was the signing of Hamhuis. The latter shouldn't even count because Hamhuis was coming to Vancouver regardless.

Some of the terrible moves he's made includes the Ballard trade, the Sturm signing, the Hodgson trade, getting rid of Torres and Ehrhoff as well as keeping Raymond around.

Brutal.

Dale Tallon and Ken Holland are still the two best GM's in hockey.

Team has no soul, hockey god's punish us. We are not clutch, we are at the worst during the significant moments. Lack of luck shows lack of personality, things just don't go their way and everything collapses. Hard to watch, all year there's been an elephant in the room about this team, just not clicked despite the talent.

I think we need to go the Philly route and trade guys in our core for younger, hungrier, tougher and more talented players.

Philly has 9 players at a point a game or better in three games. Our Top 9 players have only 11 points...COMBINED.

Schenn and Giroux has more points in the playoffs than our entire team.

We have no identity. We're not a skilled team, we're not a defensive team, we're not a gritty team. We're supposed to be well balanced, but that seems to have come off the rails.

I think we need to lose AV and the entire coaching staff, and bring in a new voice behind the bench. If the players don't respond. Then it's time for changes. I too am losing faith in Gillis. His trades seem to be hurting us more than helping. And despite spending money it seems our scouts are not bringing in any better quality prospects.

Maybe try and coax Larry Robinson to be our head coach, or maybe try Don Hay if he's willing to leave junior.

Or maybe Adam Oates from New Jersey. Try a new coach behind the bench first. Then look at the players.

Wow. I've had this debate with so many people who have zero understanding of hockey it is getting unreal. I should probably make a template...

Remember that the SEDINS give a sh*t ton of credit to Sundin for helping them reach the next level. Remember the Sedins before Sundin? Hardly first liners. Hardly SCF finalists.

If he had signed the 2 year/20 million dollar deal (which he never would have, considering he wouldn't even take 10 million/1 year) it would have been better if he never signed...

I really do miss the days of Nonis though where the bottom-6 was stacked with players that had no role (Isbister? Ritchie? Mhmmm). I guess they had the same core, but Nonis had bad results where Gillis' team has won 2 President's trophies and made a SCF appearance and also made the playoffs every single year.

The Sundin signing had NO IMPACT on the Sedins leaving or staying.....

No. Hamhuis wasn't coming to Vancouver 'regardless'. He was coming to Vancouver because they were a contender and because in his interview with GMMG, GMMG touched on a lot of things close to his heart - like charity.

The Ballard trade wasn't a horrible one because the market for a top-4 defenseman was bare and there was NO PROOF at the time that Hamhuis was coming. Did you want the 2nd pairing to be Yann Sauve and pre-Hamhuis Kevin Bieksa?

The Sturm signing wasn't horrible. It was 1 year and could easily be removed/hidden. Nothing bad came of it.

Hodgson's camp WANTED a trade. Regardless if they outright asked for it or not. The agent went to AV and demanded more minutes for a player who hadn't earned it.

He didn't get rid of Ehrhoff..... He offered him a contract and Ehrhoff rejected it. What other choice did he have?

You're ideas are bogus and you have no understanding of how things happen in reality. This isn't some EA sports game.

the #1 reason why AV should be fired is the game plan on Quick.

A great goalie with awesome rebound control is not going to give up much with shots coming from the outside. You gotta move the puck laterally, get more traffic and score on the rebound.

the 41 shots tonight were mostly empty shots with no chance of going in.

Wow. I've had this debate with so many people who have zero understanding of hockey it is getting unreal. I should probably make a template...

Remember that the SEDINS give a sh*t ton of credit to Sundin for helping them reach the next level. Remember the Sedins before Sundin? Hardly first liners. Hardly SCF finalists.

If he had signed the 2 year/20 million dollar deal (which he never would have, considering he wouldn't even take 10 million/1 year) it would have been better if he never signed...

I really do miss the days of Nonis though where the bottom-6 was stacked with players that had no role (Isbister? Ritchie? Mhmmm). I guess they had the same core, but Nonis had bad results where Gillis' team has won 2 President's trophies and made a SCF appearance and also made the playoffs every single year.

The Sundin signing had NO IMPACT on the Sedins leaving or staying.....

No. Hamhuis wasn't coming to Vancouver 'regardless'. He was coming to Vancouver because they were a contender and because in his interview with GMMG, GMMG touched on a lot of things close to his heart - like charity.

The Ballard trade wasn't a horrible one because the market for a top-4 defenseman was bare and there was NO PROOF at the time that Hamhuis was coming. Did you want the 2nd pairing to be Yann Sauve and pre-Hamhuis Kevin Bieksa?

The Sturm signing wasn't horrible. It was 1 year and could easily be removed/hidden. Nothing bad came of it.

Hodgson's camp WANTED a trade. Regardless if they outright asked for it or not. The agent went to AV and demanded more minutes for a player who hadn't earned it.

He didn't get rid of Ehrhoff..... He offered him a contract and Ehrhoff rejected it. What other choice did he have?

You're ideas are bogus and you have no understanding of how things happen in reality. This isn't some EA sports game.

As much as AV has done for the Canucks, it's time for him to go. MacT will bring a different perspective. I think Gillis was smart for bringing him to the farm team to not only have an NHL calibre coach work with the prospects, but to have AV looking in the rearview mirror.

However, I say Canucks are running into a hot team who had to play lights out to get into the playoffs. King had the momentum...then tonights game went the Kings way....that's hockey.....honestly, I think the team is still mentally spent from last year. They may be professionals, but they're humans. Go out early, Gills make some solid trades, and move forward fresh next year.

the #1 reason why AV should be fired is the game plan on Quick.

A great goalie with awesome rebound control is not going to give up much with shots coming from the outside. You gotta move the puck laterally, get more traffic and score on the rebound.

the 41 shots tonight were mostly empty shots with no chance of going in.

Step back, take a deep breath, let the dust settle. No one's getting fired. We lost our top goal scorer and are facing a talented team with nothing to lose, backed by a hot goalie. This team has been coasting on cruise control since early March and just like everyone else in this city thought they had a God-given right to the Cup Final. They're getting what was coming to em. No one coasts into the playoffs, this is the NHL.

Archived