The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault Lost Us This Game

406281dylan

As if this is the first game/series this buffoon as lost us :rolleyes:

Yeah, real new news there, Einstein. Who's to say this will be the straw that broke the camel's back? When will this idiot finally be turfed? I guess it'll be when Gillis's arse is too sore to take it anymore.

I said it after the 2010 playoffs, and now I'm saying it again: AV got a great team, but he can't make a champion out of it. Enough reason to try it with another coach. The twins maybe have two more years left on their prime level, Luongo as well. If we don't win it within the next two years, we have to rebuild, as it seems. It would be a shame if this great team didn't bring a cup home some day. It's the biggest chance this city has ever had. I have all the trust in the world in Gillis to make the right moves. But sometimes, he seems too loyal to me, as stupid as this may sound.

AV should have played Kassian more. Their relationship hasn't quite caught wind yet. No worries, AV, since Gillis is too much of a feline to fire you, you'll still be here to have your fun with Kassian. After all... Pyatt 3.0 to the rescue!

i think it's more to do with the Sedins are just not built for the playoff.. we'll never ever win a cup if we have to rely on the Sedins as they simply get pounded to the ground during the playoff.. having Daniel back honestly will make a difference but not big enough of a difference.. i mean how many playoff now have the Sedins been mediocre, average at best in? and also they don't play well without each other.. so what happens if every playoff one or the other have some kind of injury? we are screwed then.. they are great in the regular season.. but more and more team have figured out how to check them tight and shut them down.. if you have to rely purely on ur secondary scoring in the playoff.. we ain't gonna win much rounds..

Most of you people, including the two posts at the top do realise we have gone into this series without our top scorer ........right?

If we had taken a handful of the 70-80 chances made in the last two games we would not be seeing these threads. Daniel's absence from these games has affected every facet of this team's offence, from PP to goals, assists and his outstanding chemistry with his twin and Burrows.

And before you all start crowing for AV'S head remember he has been stricken as much by Daniel's absence as we and the team have.

So do you want to throw the dice, bring in a new coach, chop the team to pieces (which would be a possibility) or stick with a coach who has proven that he knows how to get to the playoffs in the first place.

I'm a great believer in making your own luck, however there is little to be done to make up for the loss of your top scorer and PP ace.

Forgive me if I see this series a bit like our season. We have started off tepid............but on last nights evidence we are reaching boiling point fast. LA are making their own luck by hard work and being there to take advantage of our slips.

But it was a lot harder for them than I bet they even imagined last night and it will be harder still from now on..........and we haven't had our luck yet despite our efforts.

So come on this is not a best of 5, it's a best of 7. Do you think the team should just give up like half the posters on here are doing, or should they dig harder and say to LA we are a force who will not be denied?

And who's his boss?

I found it funny how after game 1 drew doughty said they had watched tape on the Canucks pp, studied it and knew what they were going to do. The following day Canucks run only an optional skate, run by Newell btw, and they don't even practice the pp. Then comes game 2 and they're doing the exact same things as they were in game 1

I am in Shock, how you can come out with one period to go, with your Season on the Line in a Tie and get Completely Dominated, and Outplayed.

Anyways here's why I think we need a New coach:

-How you can Fail year after year with a Team this Talented is a Complete joke.

-How you can't motivate your team with one period left and your season on the Line, I just don't know how you can't get this team ready to play there best.

-And he has been satisfied with this kind of play for Months, I am not surprised one bit that we are down 3-0.

Not making Adjustments when needed:

- the Long bomb passes, it was being picked off or we weren't able to take them everytime in the 1st two games, we were better tonight but still, it was the Reason that we aren't in Overtime, edler went for it, Icing and Dang a few Seconds later we couldn't get it out and it was in the back of our net.

- It too him two Games to fix the Powerplay and the drop pass, he should have Adjusted that after Game 1, they Didn't and we lost game 2 because of it, we just threw that game away.

- "the best players play" to me this only seems to be the Case with Ballard/Bottom pair Defencemen and Fourth line players, Raymond should have sat the 2nd half of the third, he was brutal falling down agian its Typical, and why he was out with 2 minutes left and we need a goal is beyond me.

Does anyone else have any Reason's too Add?

He has been Great in his Tenure here but we can't Fail with this Team, to me we have 1, maybe 2 more years (Depending on the Moves Gillis Makes) before our Cup window Closes.

And Since he was hoping by Playing Schneider his team would be Sparked maybe it would spark them for next year if there Coach is fired.

I Like AV I really do I think he is Defiantly the Best Coach we have Had but no one Keeps there Job forever, I just think Change is needed and Players will be moved but the Core has to stay, they have proven they can go all the Way so be can't blow it up.

And don't say "He lead us to Two Presidents Trophies" because that's even More of a Reason why this Collapse, Choke, whatever you want to call it is inexcusable.

I am in Shock, how you can come out with one period to go, with your Season on the Line in a Tie and get Completely Dominated, and Outplayed.

-How you can't motivate your team with one period left and your season on the Line, I just don't know how you can't get this team ready to play there best.

-And he has been satisfied with this kind of play for Months, I am not surprised one bit that we are down 3-0.

- the Long bomb passes, it was being picked off or we weren't able to take them everytime in the 1st two games, we were better tonight but still, it was the Reason that we aren't in Overtime, edler went for it, Icing and Dang a few Seconds later we couldn't get it out and it was in the back of our net.

- It too him two Games to fix the Powerplay and the drop pass, he should have Adjusted that after Game 1, they Didn't and we lost game 2 because of it, we just threw that game away.

- "the best players play" to me this only seems to be the Case with Ballard/Bottom pair Defencemen and Fourth line players, Raymond should have sat the 2nd half of the third, he was brutal falling down agian its Typical, and why he was out with 2 minutes left and we need a goal is beyond me.

Does anyone else have any Reason's too Add?

He has been Great in his Tenure here but we can't Fail with this Team, to me we have 1, maybe 2 more years (Depending on the Moves Gillis Makes) before our Cup window Closes.

And Since he was hoping by Playing Schneider his team would be Sparked maybe it would spark them for next year if there Coach is fired.

I Like AV I really do I think he is Defiantly the Best Coach we have Had but no one Keeps there Job forever, I just think Change is needed and Players will be moved but the Core has to stay, they have proven they can go all the Way so be can't blow it up.

And don't say "He lead us to Two Presidents Trophies" because that's even More of a Reason why this Collapse, Choke, whatever you want to call it is inexcusable.

The LA Kings did not deserve to win the game tonight. The Canucks brutally outplayed them, and AV I would assume played a role in gearing up the troops and coming out with a real solid start. AV didn't lose us this game - once again poor coverage by Edler lost us this game on the switch with Pahlsson on the wide open Brown. Unfortunately, our PP has disappeared and our offense is in itself another story altogether, but did AV lose us this game? Nope - gotta stick with the process and believe in the team..

A coaching change is needed.

With that said, our roster needs some changes as well. I'll probably get flamed for this but Kesler isn't the right guy for second line center. A playmaker is more preferable for that position. AV tried several line mates with him but they just couldn't mesh. Unless Kes moves to the wing, I don't see him being productive in the second line not to mention he's struggling to score. I don't buy the offseason surgery excuse. He had a whole season to adapt but he's just not as productive. Who knows, maybe a long offseason will do him wonders but I've always wondered why he struggles to find chemistry with his line mates. Love Kes but he's part of the reason why this team has been struggling with offense throughout the season.

Bull crap. I'm sick of the same old playing a great goalie excuse.Other teams with less talent light them up, yet AV outside useless shots systems make these goalie look like gods.

AV's lack of any type of offenciye plays is the real problem

- "the best players play" to me this only seems to be the Case with Ballard/Bottom pair Defencemen and Fourth line players, Raymond should have sat the 2nd half of the third, he was brutal falling down agian its Typical, and why he was out with 2 minutes left and we need a goal ........"...

Wow. I've had this debate with so many people who have zero understanding of hockey it is getting unreal. I should probably make a template...

Remember that the SEDINS give a sh*t ton of credit to Sundin for helping them reach the next level. Remember the Sedins before Sundin? Hardly first liners. Hardly SCF finalists.

If he had signed the 2 year/20 million dollar deal (which he never would have, considering he wouldn't even take 10 million/1 year) it would have been better if he never signed...

I really do miss the days of Nonis though where the bottom-6 was stacked with players that had no role (Isbister? Ritchie? Mhmmm). I guess they had the same core, but Nonis had bad results where Gillis' team has won 2 President's trophies and made a SCF appearance and also made the playoffs every single year.

The Sundin signing had NO IMPACT on the Sedins leaving or staying.....

No. Hamhuis wasn't coming to Vancouver 'regardless'. He was coming to Vancouver because they were a contender and because in his interview with GMMG, GMMG touched on a lot of things close to his heart - like charity.

The Ballard trade wasn't a horrible one because the market for a top-4 defenseman was bare and there was NO PROOF at the time that Hamhuis was coming. Did you want the 2nd pairing to be Yann Sauve and pre-Hamhuis Kevin Bieksa?

The Sturm signing wasn't horrible. It was 1 year and could easily be removed/hidden. Nothing bad came of it.

Hodgson's camp WANTED a trade. Regardless if they outright asked for it or not. The agent went to AV and demanded more minutes for a player who hadn't earned it.

He didn't get rid of Ehrhoff..... He offered him a contract and Ehrhoff rejected it. What other choice did he have?

You're ideas are bogus and you have no understanding of how things happen in reality. This isn't some EA sports game.

Edit: Not to mention Sundin's effect on Kes' game. Once Kesler got moved to the RPM line he had 36 points in the last 41 games of that season. Prior to that he was showing very little offensive potential in terms of being a 2nd line center at some point. He proceeded to put up 70+ points twice.

And let's not forget all Gillis has done otherwise. Player development (Dave Gagner), sleep doctors, etc, etc, etc.

There's a reason the team has gotten better under Gillis despite the fact he has the same core as Burke & Nonis who couldn't make it past the 2nd f*cking round.

Edit edit:

Not to mention his trade deadline acquisitions have actually been useful. Lapierre & Higgins especially. Pahlsson has been great. Alberts was fine.. not great or horrible.

I think AV's gotta go

I saw henrik adjusting the powerplay with edler and kesler in game 2 which produced a better breakout on one of those PP rushes where instead of the drop pass they had a more lateral positioning and better puck support

It's no brainer for the kings to look at tapes from last year's finals and do the same thing that the bruins did, pressure pressure pressure

right now, the kings always have the upper hand, stand up at the blue line the canucks have no puck support on every rush, all their zone entries are low percentage

I think it comes down to a game plan how fast you adjust to other teams positioning and gameplay, i think av's been weak in that department, he's not putting the players in playing a game that's to their advantage

Archived