The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault Lost Us This Game

406281dylan

Yes, Sutter has AV "figured out"....

41 shots to 20. The one lucky bounce of the game goes to Brown and suddenly it's genius coaching as far as CDC is concerned.

Bear in mind that Sutter employed the exact same strategy that had CDC crucifying AV a few years back when the Canucks held a third period lead over Chicago.

People around here are so clueless when it comes to evaluating an NHL coach, it's maddening.

Not enough motivation? What kind of player needs extra motivation this time of year?

Trevor Linden? Seriously? I don't like to use the word "fanboy", but that's what you are if you actually think Trevor would make a good NHL coach. He's never even coached in the minors and has never expressed any interest whatsoever in becoming a coach.

CDC automatically says that when the team loses, AV has been "outcoached". It's just plain garbage. 41 shots to 20. Someone has to find a way to get one of those shots past Quick. AV can't go out there and do it for them.

BTW: I suppose Bylsma is being "outcoached" by Laviolette too? Or is it because he has a so-called star goalie who can't make a simple save?

Sick of AV and his inability to get players to be ready for big games.

We sh!t the big in game 7 and played one good game this series and still lost.

I would love to see him gone. Regular season success does not translate to the playoffs.

A coaching change is needed.

With that said, our roster needs some changes as well. I'll probably get flamed for this but Kesler isn't the right guy for second line center. A playmaker is more preferable for that position. AV tried several line mates with him but they just couldn't mesh. Unless Kes moves to the wing, I don't see him being productive in the second line not to mention he's struggling to score. I don't buy the offseason surgery excuse. He had a whole season to adapt but he's just not as productive. Who knows, maybe a long offseason will do him wonders but I've always wondered why he struggles to find chemistry with his line mates. Love Kes but he's part of the reason why this team has been struggling with offense throughout the season.

Off Season deals.. Victor Hedman and Mattias Ohlund and Steven Stamkos for Sami Salo and cory Snieds and Booth/Higgins/Burrows

Bitz, Ebbet for Torres

Keith Ballard, Booth/Higgins/Burrows for Christian Ehrhoff

AV for Dan Bylsma

Luongo For Lundqvist

Fire Mike Gillis and make the Vancouver Canucks community the GM of the team.

Kassian for Ott

And speaking of MG, Can we even fire him since he is a President of the Canucks Organization.?

Most of you people, including the two posts at the top do realise we have gone into this series without our top scorer ........right?

If we had taken a handful of the 70-80 chances made in the last two games we would not be seeing these threads. Daniel's absence from these games has affected every facet of this team's offence, from PP to goals, assists and his outstanding chemistry with his twin and Burrows.

And before you all start crowing for AV'S head remember he has been stricken as much by Daniel's absence as we and the team have.

So do you want to throw the dice, bring in a new coach, chop the team to pieces (which would be a possibility) or stick with a coach who has proven that he knows how to get to the playoffs in the first place.

I'm a great believer in making your own luck, however there is little to be done to make up for the loss of your top scorer and PP ace.

Forgive me if I see this series a bit like our season. We have started off tepid............but on last nights evidence we are reaching boiling point fast. LA are making their own luck by hard work and being there to take advantage of our slips.

But it was a lot harder for them than I bet they even imagined last night and it will be harder still from now on..........and we haven't had our luck yet despite our efforts.

So come on this is not a best of 5, it's a best of 7. Do you think the team should just give up like half the posters on here are doing, or should they dig harder and say to LA we are a force who will not be denied?

At least the penguins are scoring!!!! What the hell are we putting in the back of the net?!!! The last sedin gets run over and we do nothing. IF that was crosby getting run over , there would be some dead kings on the ice.

We might need a coaching change. It's a weird thing to say after two 50 win seasons, two President's trophies and A Stanley Cup Final game 7 appearance in the last two years.

But...when you've done everything else...and players are not easy to move...and you might not get better players in return...what do you do?

Totally totally agree with you and a +1 given. AV's stats are padded though, you say he is our best coach, well, maybe but no other coach has had the talent and resources he has had to work with. We need someone who can adapt mid game. I have been saying this for 3 years now and Im sick of it and him. He is outcoached every year in the playoffs, now pack your bags AV and f**k off to Habland. If MG stands by him this summer it will cost him his job too

I agree, he has been out coached by everybody and I kinda I think he is overrated in some ways, but he does have the best record in our history, and say what you want about how good our team is but they were terrible when he got here and he helped get them to where they are now.

Either way if we lose to LA I think he goes, he can't get out coached in the playoffs that he has, its a big reason of why we have struggled.

I had to stop you at your Raymond opinion... I know you're pissed but if ray ray wasn't playing last night the score would have been 5-0 kings... Ray ray was really great out there defensively and offensively, no exaggeration, just good plays everywhere, and if I recall when he dropped to a knee he made his pass... So how can I trust your observations about this team if you have to look at everything subjective to your own delusions?

Archived