Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Vigneault Lost Us This Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
182 replies to this topic

#61 5nothincanucksohno

5nothincanucksohno

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

I have been a Alain Vigneault supporter ever since i started watching the Canucks. The team was playing well tonight until Vigneault took apart a productive line of Lappy pahlsson and raymond. They were creating lots of chances and then Vigneault suddenly takes playoff performer lapierre off the third and puts Kassian who is inexperienced. Results were shown when Kassian gave the puck away and then Vigneault puts Manny on the third and Manny has not played well all season and then L.A scores. After that Vigneault goes right back to playing an unconfident lapierre on the third line after benching him for 15 minutes.
We are still not done but are chances are slim i just hope next game Vigneault doeas not F''' with chemistry.

It's the personnel not the coach

#62 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

You call 1.75 mill alot of money for torres. Okay there. Please get out

Well still I guess he thought it was? or there was some kind of an Upgrade someone could Provide, maybe he let Torres walk so there would be a top 9 Spot for Coho at the Start of the Year.

zackass.png

#63 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Ken HITCHCOCK!!!!!! The blues sucked and then he came along and sprked them up, Im not saying we suck, BUT if we do fire AV, we should get Ken.

If we are able to get teams coaches that easily, lets get Babcock.

seriously, Hitchcock already has a job!

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#64 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

I kept wishing and hoping that Lapierre-Henrik-Burrows would be united for at least one more shift...

Press the Panic Button! arrow.small.up.gif

Signature-canuckmunkey.jpg
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl, Steve Montador
Sig by .CM.

#65 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

I kept wishing and hoping that Lapierre-Henrik-Burrows would be united for at least one more shift...

they were together in game 2 I believe, It didn't work

zackass.png

#66 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

MG had the core practically handed to him right off the bat. Remember when he offered Sundin that 2 year $20 million contract? What if Sundin signed that right there? The Sedins would have been gone. Huge bullet dodged there.

MG made two good moves. One was the Ehrhoff trade. The other was the signing of Hamhuis. The latter shouldn't even count because Hamhuis was coming to Vancouver regardless.

Some of the terrible moves he's made includes the Ballard trade, the Sturm signing, the Hodgson trade, getting rid of Torres and Ehrhoff as well as keeping Raymond around.

Brutal.

Dale Tallon and Ken Holland are still the two best GM's in hockey.

Wow. I've had this debate with so many people who have zero understanding of hockey it is getting unreal. I should probably make a template...

Remember that the SEDINS give a sh*t ton of credit to Sundin for helping them reach the next level. Remember the Sedins before Sundin? Hardly first liners. Hardly SCF finalists.

If he had signed the 2 year/20 million dollar deal (which he never would have, considering he wouldn't even take 10 million/1 year) it would have been better if he never signed...

I really do miss the days of Nonis though where the bottom-6 was stacked with players that had no role (Isbister? Ritchie? Mhmmm). I guess they had the same core, but Nonis had bad results where Gillis' team has won 2 President's trophies and made a SCF appearance and also made the playoffs every single year.

The Sundin signing had NO IMPACT on the Sedins leaving or staying.....

No. Hamhuis wasn't coming to Vancouver 'regardless'. He was coming to Vancouver because they were a contender and because in his interview with GMMG, GMMG touched on a lot of things close to his heart - like charity.

The Ballard trade wasn't a horrible one because the market for a top-4 defenseman was bare and there was NO PROOF at the time that Hamhuis was coming. Did you want the 2nd pairing to be Yann Sauve and pre-Hamhuis Kevin Bieksa?

The Sturm signing wasn't horrible. It was 1 year and could easily be removed/hidden. Nothing bad came of it.

Hodgson's camp WANTED a trade. Regardless if they outright asked for it or not. The agent went to AV and demanded more minutes for a player who hadn't earned it.

He didn't get rid of Ehrhoff..... He offered him a contract and Ehrhoff rejected it. What other choice did he have?

You're ideas are bogus and you have no understanding of how things happen in reality. This isn't some EA sports game.

Edit: Not to mention Sundin's effect on Kes' game. Once Kesler got moved to the RPM line he had 36 points in the last 41 games of that season. Prior to that he was showing very little offensive potential in terms of being a 2nd line center at some point. He proceeded to put up 70+ points twice.

And let's not forget all Gillis has done otherwise. Player development (Dave Gagner), sleep doctors, etc, etc, etc.

There's a reason the team has gotten better under Gillis despite the fact he has the same core as Burke & Nonis who couldn't make it past the 2nd f*cking round.

Edit edit:

Not to mention his trade deadline acquisitions have actually been useful. Lapierre & Higgins especially. Pahlsson has been great. Alberts was fine.. not great or horrible.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 15 April 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#67 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'm hoping this is a joke, because this is otherwise the dumbest thread in CDC history...

#68 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

That's what I don't like about this team and they've done it for years now; they're willing to put a career third/fourth liner on the first line and cross their fingers hope it works.
Posted Image

#69 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Team has no soul, hockey god's punish us. We are not clutch, we are at the worst during the significant moments. Lack of luck shows lack of personality, things just don't go their way and everything collapses. Hard to watch, all year there's been an elephant in the room about this team, just not clicked despite the talent.

#70 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,783 posts

I think we need to go the Philly route and trade guys in our core for younger, hungrier, tougher and more talented players.

Philly has 9 players at a point a game or better in three games. Our Top 9 players have only 11 points...COMBINED.
Schenn and Giroux has more points in the playoffs than our entire team.

We have no identity. We're not a skilled team, we're not a defensive team, we're not a gritty team. We're supposed to be well balanced, but that seems to have come off the rails.

I think we need to lose AV and the entire coaching staff, and bring in a new voice behind the bench. If the players don't respond. Then it's time for changes. I too am losing faith in Gillis. His trades seem to be hurting us more than helping. And despite spending money it seems our scouts are not bringing in any better quality prospects.

Maybe try and coax Larry Robinson to be our head coach, or maybe try Don Hay if he's willing to leave junior.
Or maybe Adam Oates from New Jersey. Try a new coach behind the bench first. Then look at the players.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 15 April 2012 - 11:18 PM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#71 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

If AV gets fired, I'd like to see the Canucks bring up MacT!
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#72 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Wow. I've had this debate with so many people who have zero understanding of hockey it is getting unreal. I should probably make a template...

Remember that the SEDINS give a sh*t ton of credit to Sundin for helping them reach the next level. Remember the Sedins before Sundin? Hardly first liners. Hardly SCF finalists.

If he had signed the 2 year/20 million dollar deal (which he never would have, considering he wouldn't even take 10 million/1 year) it would have been better if he never signed...

I really do miss the days of Nonis though where the bottom-6 was stacked with players that had no role (Isbister? Ritchie? Mhmmm). I guess they had the same core, but Nonis had bad results where Gillis' team has won 2 President's trophies and made a SCF appearance and also made the playoffs every single year.

No. Hamhuis wasn't coming to Vancouver 'regardless'. He was coming to Vancouver because they were a contender and because in his interview with GMMG, GMMG touched on a lot of things close to his heart - like charity.

The Ballard trade wasn't a horrible one because the market for a top-4 defenseman was bare and there was NO PROOF at the time that Hamhuis was coming. Did you want the 2nd pairing to be Yann Sauve and pre-Hamhuis Kevin Bieksa?

The Sturm signing wasn't horrible. It was 1 year and could easily be removed/hidden. Nothing bad came of it.

Hodgson's camp WANTED a trade. Regardless if they outright asked for it or not. The agent went to AV and demanded more minutes for a player who hadn't earned it.

He didn't get rid of Ehrhoff..... He offered him a contract and Ehrhoff rejected it. What other choice did he have?

You're ideas are bogus and you have no understanding of how things happen in reality. This isn't some EA sports game.

Thank you, and I think we have seen what Gillis wanted to get in the Ballard Trade (aside from Oreo)

He was Great tonight and he gets it now, he's adjust to the Market and he's becoming what management Expected.

Played PK, even got some PP time, he's good at reading plays and getting down for back door chances, I think we will continue to see this From KB4 and Tanev will Grow with him and they will be a Solid Pair going forward.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 15 April 2012 - 11:20 PM.

zackass.png

#73 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

2 words:
marc crawford

Posted Image

#74 miles.p

miles.p

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

the #1 reason why AV should be fired is the game plan on Quick.

A great goalie with awesome rebound control is not going to give up much with shots coming from the outside. You gotta move the puck laterally, get more traffic and score on the rebound.

the 41 shots tonight were mostly empty shots with no chance of going in.

#75 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

GMMG did good on Luongo deal, getting us an Olympic gold medalist for a measly 5.3/year cap hit. Now he's added Stanley Cup finalist with 2 SCF shut outs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#76 Double Vs

Double Vs

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

As much as AV has done for the Canucks, it's time for him to go. MacT will bring a different perspective. I think Gillis was smart for bringing him to the farm team to not only have an NHL calibre coach work with the prospects, but to have AV looking in the rearview mirror.

However, I say Canucks are running into a hot team who had to play lights out to get into the playoffs. King had the momentum...then tonights game went the Kings way....that's hockey.....honestly, I think the team is still mentally spent from last year. They may be professionals, but they're humans. Go out early, Gills make some solid trades, and move forward fresh next year.

#77 Nic

Nic

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

2 words:
marc crawford

yawn and btw blake from 1040 is an idiot. Like a younger 980.

Edited by Nic, 15 April 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#78 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

the #1 reason why AV should be fired is the game plan on Quick.

A great goalie with awesome rebound control is not going to give up much with shots coming from the outside. You gotta move the puck laterally, get more traffic and score on the rebound.

the 41 shots tonight were mostly empty shots with no chance of going in.

we went with the Tim Thomas strategy. Shots from the outside and hope for a bounce and rebound.

#79 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

I've never liked a damn thing about AV and I sure hope this is the end of it for him.

#80 sQuish

sQuish

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Step back, take a deep breath, let the dust settle. No one's getting fired. We lost our top goal scorer and are facing a talented team with nothing to lose, backed by a hot goalie. This team has been coasting on cruise control since early March and just like everyone else in this city thought they had a God-given right to the Cup Final. They're getting what was coming to em. No one coasts into the playoffs, this is the NHL.

#81 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

#82 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

This thread should be printed out, deleted off the internet, then the prints burned for good measure.
Reactionary idiots.

#83 kchengc

kchengc

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,324 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

making the playoffs 5 of 6 seasons (or 4 of 5, forgive me for not knowing) isn't going to get you fired.
relax, and understand we're playing a great goalie here.

i argue that with a stacked team like ours you can almost put a monkey behind the bench and still get to the playoffs... it really isn't hard beating the avs, flames, wilds and oilers to win the division in the past few years...

AV is a horrible playoff coach and i have been saying that FOREVER!!!! i wish i kept all the angry posts i made toward AV because I don't want to retype my old post over & over & over & over & over again.

why can i just post my old post? because after all these years we still see our team lose the same freaking way every single playoffs. therefore, my criticism toward AV from the first time we lost to the hawks is still valid today.

I was so happy I was wrong for 3 rounds last summer and I was so glad that finally AV is making me looking like a complete fool. Yet, he never failed to disappoint me afterall, saving his best for the biggest stage, and guiding our team to score 8 goals in 7 games.

btw, for those who say AV is here to stay, here is my counter argument

5 straight playoff losses, getting out-scored 18-to-6 in those 5 games... with a 1/24 (4%) PP efficiency, while giving up 3 SHG and 4/20 (20%) PPG against.

how many more playoff chances do we want to throw out the window with AV behind the bench??? Do we really want to look back a few years later and wished we did something? Sure, I definitely don't know whether the new guy can do a better job; however, I know for sure that AV isn't the man.

I bet many fans looked back and wonder what if we had a better goalie in net instead of Cloutier during the WCE's days. I bet we would look back in the early 2010s by the end of this decade and wonder what if we had another coach behind the bench.

If we really fired AV and put a new guy behind the bench, at least we can say we tried but unfortunately it didn't work out. To me that's way better than do nothing and regret about it in the future.

#84 Haidacanuck

Haidacanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Believe me it was the whole team, can u lift the puck

#85 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

This thread should be printed out, deleted off the internet, then the prints burned for good measure.
Reactionary idiots.

Why do you have any optimisim whatsoever?

I have seen this coming for the Longest time, I guess we really did "Flip the switch" like everyone expected.

I'm not surprised and I don't see any reason why we will win game 4 or come back in this series.

Also I'm listening to Bieksa's interview and he's saying "We ran into a hot goaltender", we barley had any quality chances, the One hansen hit the Post on, the One he fell and missed the net on, and then the shot we burrows couldn't get it over a diving Quick are the only one's I can remember.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 15 April 2012 - 11:40 PM.

zackass.png

#86 geezer2

geezer2

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

seen this act before many times in 40 years . fans try to blame one person or trade; blame goalies, fire coaches; fire gm's. so many things have gone wrong at once. Canucks brass need to settle back this summer with some time to digest and think . rash decisions rarely work. do you think the wings are going to clean house if they lose... get a grip people.. we have had a bad playoff get over it... penguin fans are just as pissed maybe they should fire their coach and trade Crosby. you people who are trying to fix this with one "bold move" are delusional

#87 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

seen this act before many times in 40 years . fans try to blame one person or trade; blame goalies, fire coaches; fire gm's. so many things have gone wrong at once. Canucks brass need to settle back this summer with some time to digest and think . rash decisions rarely work. do you think the wings are going to clean house if they lose... get a grip people.. we have had a bad playoff get over it... penguin fans are just as pissed maybe they should fire their coach and trade Crosby. you people who are trying to fix this with one "bold move" are delusional

At least the penguins are scoring!!!! What the hell are we putting in the back of the net?!!! The last sedin gets run over and we do nothing. IF that was crosby getting run over , there would be some dead kings on the ice.

#88 Neil

Neil

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Edit: Not to mention Sundin's effect on Kes' game. Once Kesler got moved to the RPM line he had 36 points in the last 41 games of that season. Prior to that he was showing very little offensive potential in terms of being a 2nd line center at some point. He proceeded to put up 70+ points twice.

And let's not forget all Gillis has done otherwise. Player development (Dave Gagner), sleep doctors, etc, etc, etc.

There's a reason the team has gotten better under Gillis despite the fact he has the same core as Burke & Nonis who couldn't make it past the 2nd f*cking round.

Edit edit:

Not to mention his trade deadline acquisitions have actually been useful. Lapierre & Higgins especially. Pahlsson has been great. Alberts was fine.. not great or horrible.

Exactly.
Sig too big.

#89 skyfall

skyfall

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Also I'm listening to Bieksa's interview and he's saying "We ran into a hot goaltender", we barley had any quality chances, the One hansen hit the Post on, the One he fell and missed the net on, and then the shot we burrows couldn't get it over a diving Quick are the only one's I can remember.

In all of the years AV has coached I remember very few games where we had excellent scoring chances and got totally robbed. I remember lots of 30+ shot games where a lot of the shots were predictable and not so dangerous. This is over the years, not just this playoff run. I'd had frustration for a long time to the point where I've been a mostly neutral fan of the game for the last few years. I don't believe in blind team loyalty... loyalty has to be earned.

#90 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

There's a difference between what is going on in Detroit or Pittsburgh (nevermind the fact that both Bylsma & Babcock have won cups with their current teams, but whatever).

Pittsburgh isn't a team being out-coached. They are getting beat in almost every way. It isn't due to match-ups, everybody on that team is pissing Crosby off. Bylsma isn't expected to step onto the ice and stop Giroux from getting 6 points, he's just expected to give the team the best opportunity to do it.

Do you honestly think that AV splitting up the lines that were doing so well at the end of the season was a good move? A winning line up should not be broken up unless of incredible circumstances (like a 80-100 point scorer coming back). Byron Bitz hadn't played in the NHL for a while, etc, etc. Darryl Sutter is outmatching him just like Quenneville always does.

Vancouver is easily a better team than L.A., Detroit and Nashville the situation is quite different. Both teams are good and Detroit isn't down 3-0, they're down 2-1. Lots of players on Nashville are playing for future contracts, they have a good set-up. Detroit is the oldest team in the league and is kind of in a short transistion where some younger players are going to start getting a lot better in the next 1-2 seasons.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.