Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Vigneault Lost Us This Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
182 replies to this topic

#181 sandlakthehouse

sandlakthehouse

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

There's many different ways you can lose a game and a few of them have to do with coaching. There's in-game adjustments, there's pure x's and o's but where I think Vigneault has failed is the preparation of his players before game 1 was played. I'm a huge Canucks fan and agree that some calls could have gone our way and didn't but that can't be blamed for our 3 losses in a row. Edler had some bad giveaways, our snipers aren't hitting the net, etc. but how in the world did the Canucks come out in game 1 yapping and chirping and hitting to injure, diving ... all of the things that distracted us when we were losing badly to the Bruins and Hawks. I'm just waiting for one of our guys to bite a King and what everyone says about us will be 100% true.

#182 Nic

Nic

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

i think it's more to do with the Sedins are just not built for the playoff.. we'll never ever win a cup if we have to rely on the Sedins as they simply get pounded to the ground during the playoff.. having Daniel back honestly will make a difference but not big enough of a difference.. i mean how many playoff now have the Sedins been mediocre, average at best in? and also they don't play well without each other.. so what happens if every playoff one or the other have some kind of injury? we are screwed then.. they are great in the regular season.. but more and more team have figured out how to check them tight and shut them down.. if you have to rely purely on ur secondary scoring in the playoff.. we ain't gonna win much rounds..

I can't agree with this enough.

#183 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

NO Mac T... Trust me.
I honestly think this team has nagging injuries and exhaustion from last year. The Sedins looked sluggish all season, Raymond can't stay on his feet, maybe due to breaking his back, and Kesler has not looked %100 since the Nashville series last year. The precision on this team has dropped so much since last year, all most too much. I think a long summer for this team will be good for the team. Give them Rest they need and look forward to next year. A few couple off season deals will be good, but don't blow up the core just yet.

He always had problems staying on his feet. The broken back might exaggerate Raymond's balance a little worse than it is, but it's clear that he is not strong on his skates (or doesn't have a low center of gravity)

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.